Megacycle X2- $100 shipped

Started by crisco, December 28, 2010, 02:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisco

Got a Megacycle x2 for sale for $100 shipped. Bought it off a forum member a while back but never actually installed on my bike. Cam is in good shape. Will email pictures if you pm me. Only selling because I got a good deal on a RHC14.
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, Barker RHC14, RE 14:1, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable ignition, evac valve, 22" Haulers

Livingmylife93

Any idea what this would do for a my bike?

Wiseco piston 11:1
K&N Pro Flow
GYTR Exhaust
Fuel Controller
Stock Head

sorry lol, just not sure if you can use a stage two cam with a stock head.

Mad Dog

You can use it but Megacycle requires you to remove some material from the exhaust rocker arm to clearance the camshaft.

Livingmylife93

Dremel grinding wheel?

Is that one of those things that you have to do just right?

Krandall

You can either have your rockers clearanced. Or I believe RE has billet ones available.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

This cam doesn't require HD springs does it? I can't remember for the X2...I think the X4 does

Mad Dog

Quote from: Spartan727 on February 20, 2011, 05:11:40 PM
This cam doesn't require HD springs does it? I can't remember for the X2...I think the X4 does

Yes, x2 requires the springs as well.  It's a .480 lift cam just like the x4

Livingmylife93

Thank you for answering all my questions guys  :thumbs:

I dont think im going to go for it. I dont want to put all that money into my head. I want to find a cheap drop in cam.

Krandall

the x-2 is insane compared tothe HC2 ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Bert

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on February 22, 2011, 08:34:22 AM
Thank you for answering all my questions guys  :thumbs:

I dont think im going to go for it. I dont want to put all that money into my head. I want to find a cheap drop in cam.
how much are springs?

Krandall

I think they are around 150-200 for the spring set.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Bert

For that cam to shine would you recommend +1 intake valves as well?
another what $90  plus machine work for valve upgrade

crisco

If you wanted to go with +1  valves you would want to have the head ported so it flows better. For a good port with +1 valves your talking $500 to $1000. But you don't NEED head work to run a big cam but it will definitely make more power. Any cam bigger than a hotcam requires heavy duty valve springs, exhaust rocker clearancing, and head clearancing. It all adds up. If you don't want to do the extra work the hotcam 2 and 3 are great drop in cams that make good power. Oh, and THIS CAM IS SOLD! 
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, Barker RHC14, RE 14:1, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable ignition, evac valve, 22" Haulers

Jade67

JVR "Rapdeere" 780
Custom Paint and Motor work

www.jokersvault.com Home of the "One Mod" Turbo kit.

Livingmylife93