1st XC race

Started by funyun, December 06, 2010, 07:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funyun

Started off having to wake up at around 5:30 to start driving there since it was about a 6 hour drive. After about 4 stops and almost 7 hours later I made it there. Signed up got my stuff out of the truck and got ready. Sat around waiting for it to start and then headed out to the starting line about 15 mins before the race. Sitting on the line I had some snow packed in my rear wheels from back home. Had a few people point and laugh and one guy asked me where I got the snow from since they hadnt gotten any yet. :blah: Most of the races in this series are in kentucky and tennesse.

Finally after watching about 7-8 lines start in front of me it was my turn. I think I had a bout 8-10 people on my line since they split C class into a bunch of age groups. Slow start takes about 3 turns to get going so Im 2nd to last off the line and passed 1 guy after the first 2 turns. About 15 mins in the race im already starting to get tired :lol: Few minutes later I get to a point where 2 trees are REALLY close together, i slow down a bit to go through and dont make it so It threw me forward a bit and I must have bumped my throttle pretty good because I phuck up the thumb lever and it was all out of whack. The resting/idle position was sticking way to far out towards me and was a stretch to get my thumb on it everytime and for the rest of the race was hard keeping my thumb on it and it kept slipping off on big bumps and stuff, biggest pain in my ass. About 10 minutes after that I get to a small straight with some whoops and take off, all of a sudden my right foot slips and im like :wtf: I look down and my phucking nerf bar is completely gone on the right side leaving me with a 4" tube to rest my foot on, no peg or anything :funyun: Rest of the race didnt have anything worth writing about pretty normal just me being a tired bitch. Race was supposed to be 1.5 hours long but I was well into my last lap before the 1.5 hours was up so I ended up just keep going until I hit the finish again which made it  a 2 hour race for me  :cry: The track was pretty long I think it was around 10 miles ??? 90% of it really tight so wasnt going very fast.

Right after I finished I rode to my truck lifted my quad in :flex: and started my 6+ hour drive home
I wouldnt be surprised if there were atleast 80+ quads there total the line seemed pretty packed. If I had to guess I was probably 76/80 since i saw atleast 4 people broke down :rofl:

Forgot to mention, way home running low on diesel but too lazy to stop and just wanted to get home. I started going 55 drafting behind trucks 8) my dash was actually reading 27mpg :lol: About 20 miles from my house all of the sudden the truck starts going in and out and I look and see the fuel pressure keeps dropping at second. Lurching back and forth for about 4 miles to the nearest speedway or so I thought. Fucking GPS leads me to some non existant speedway, drive to next gas station.... no diesel.... Finally make it to a shell and fill up. Anything slightly above an idle it wouldnt hold fuel pressure and kept lurching forward and back when id try to give it gas watching my trans temp rising as it goes on, i dont think it was liking me very much :lol:

Krandall

:lol: Grats on the mild victory...

maybe you need to take some tips from me..

Loctite.. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

At least you finished...that's all that matters  :thumbs:

Time to get some pro armor nerfs :rofl: they might crack but they stay on

funyun

I actually loctited them when I stopped at a mcdonalds on the way up probably 7-8 hours before the start of the race, probably wasnt enough time i guess.

funyun

Quote from: Spartan727 on December 06, 2010, 07:51:41 AM
At least you finished...that's all that matters  :thumbs:

Time to get some pro armor nerfs :rofl: they might crack but they stay on

The entire race I was like phuck this maybe i should stop but i kept going :lol: not sure how the hell i managed to lift my quad into the truck right after the race, I didnt even stop to rest, just rode to my truck threw it in and took off.

Spartan

Coming off the adrenaline rush maybe...I dunno how you do it either, I use ramps for mine and don't really want to lift it on my truck :lol:

Hefe

damn dude..
2 hours of abuse...
15 minutes on a MX track is WAY enough for me, I couldn't imagine 2 hours

Krandall

This is in the woods, not on a MX track

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: Hefe on December 06, 2010, 12:59:46 PM
damn dude..
2 hours of abuse...
15 minutes on a MX track is WAY enough for me, I couldn't imagine 2 hours

Any activity over 15 minutes is way too much for you Hefe!  :rofl:

;)
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Peelz

even parked in front of a school for 15 minutes
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

funyun

Dam my rear skid that protects the sprocket/rotor took a beating from all those rocks just had to hammer it back. I was wondering what this weird noise was halfway through the race... It was the chain rubbing on my guard :lol:

funyun

funyun

that was after the 1st lap and as you can see no nerf bar :lol:

THIS ASS FOR RENT

Funners, can ya move the pic to a different server so I can see it please?

Alkire193

:lol: Now you see what im training for?

That is good times right there.

Funyun, if you want to see some craziness, catch the Titan and Loretta Lynn (maybe Ironman!) GNCC races next year, 180+ Amateur and 160+ Pro. Sometimes 200+ racers in the woods. Tracks between 8-15 miles, pretty well set up but I still see skids hanging, motors ceased, clutches fried, grounding wires broken, controls jammed, nerfs people are carrying back to their truck on their handlebars, flat tires, missing seats, missing bumpers, submerged quads (my favorite!) and much more......you got off easy if you finished the race  :thumbs: Great job, neither of my old room mates could finish one lap without quitting or being towed back, but their stories about fatigue and damage are the same.

Ready for round 2?  :rofl: