So im selling my car on craigslist...

Started by BLU700R, October 06, 2010, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLU700R

Ok so im selling my car on craigslist for 6800. its a 1990 Twin Turbo300ZX in excellent shape and I get an email that goes like this.... Please tell me what you guys think about this email..

Am very have happy that the vehicle is ready, I shall offer you $7,000 because of the condition of the vehicle and I want you to send more interior photos the vehicle, because am buying the car for my second son who will completing his university studies in UK, am making it as a surprise gift for him and I'm presently out of country at this time due to my job nature as the head naval medical team and am presently on a high sea mission, phone calls and internet surfing are limited, but I manage to check this posting on the laptop , I decided to send you an e-mail from the listing. I really want is a surprise package for my him, and am sure he will be very happy when it gets to him. I will pay you via PayPal, because its safe, fast and secure. If my payment method is accepted, send me your Paypal ID or a money request from paypal so I can pay right away, but if you do not have a PayPal account yet, you can simply go to (www.paypal.com) and set up an account.
I have already booked for a pick-up before my journey, therefore my shipping agent will contact you after you receive my payment confirmation.
I await your response as soon as possible.

I expect your reply soon.

Regards
+2 TB+GYTR full exhaust+12.1 JE+PCIII+15T+HotCams2+GYTR Intake+Iridium Plug=Crazy Badassness

Man do I miss my wheeler :(

Krandall

tell him cash only.

sounds like a scam to me honestly. I never trust that UK BS.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

disco

Scam but you can certainly mess with him if you want.  Maybe tell him that since the car is at the Police impound yard, your department requires him or his agent to show up in person.

How do they fake a Paypal payment?  Is the scam just to get your number and run with it?
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

I'll take it, but I'm currently on holiday in Nigeria....please accept my check in the amount of 1 billion dollars for the purchase, then simply remitt 999,980,000 dollars to my account, keep the rest for your troubles. :lol:

Aaron

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Hefe

tell him sure...
get his money and withdraw it before he picks up the car
no chance for any scam that way

I would like to see page 2 of this!
after he "sends" the money he over pays, and you have to give money to the driver

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Diggs59

Diggs59

Quote from: BLU700R on October 06, 2010, 12:23:14 PM
Ok so im selling my car on craigslist for 6800. its a 1990 Twin Turbo300ZX in excellent shape and I get an email that goes like this.... Please tell me what you guys think about this email..

Am very have happy that the vehicle is ready, I shall offer you $7,000 because of the condition of the vehicle and I want you to send more interior photos the vehicle, because am buying the car for my second son who will completing his university studies in UK, am making it as a surprise gift for him and I'm presently out of country at this time due to my job nature as the head naval medical team and am presently on a high sea mission, phone calls and internet surfing are limited, but I manage to check this posting on the laptop , I decided to send you an e-mail from the listing. I really want is a surprise package for my him, and am sure he will be very happy when it gets to him. I will pay you via PayPal, because its safe, fast and secure. If my payment method is accepted, send me your Paypal ID or a money request from paypal so I can pay right away, but if you do not have a PayPal account yet, you can simply go to (www.paypal.com) and set up an account.
I have already booked for a pick-up before my journey, therefore my shipping agent will contact you after you receive my payment confirmation.
I await your response as soon as possible.

I expect your reply soon.

Regards

Quote from: disco on October 06, 2010, 12:51:21 PM
Scam but you can certainly mess with him if you want.  Maybe tell him that since the car is at the Police impound yard, your department requires him or his agent to show up in person.

How do they fake a Paypal payment?  Is the scam just to get your number and run with it?

PayPal Fraud
In a collection in person PayPal scheme, the scammer targets eBay auctions that allow the purchaser to personally collect the item from the seller, rather than having the item shipped, and where the seller accepts PayPal as a means of payment.

The fraudster uses a fake address with a post office box when making their bids, as PayPal will allow such an unconfirmed address. Such transactions are not covered by PayPal's seller protection policy. The fraudster buys the item, pays for it via PayPal, and then collects the item from the victim. The fraudster then challenges the sale, claiming a refund from PayPal and stating that they did not receive the item. PayPal's policy is that it will reverse a purchase transaction unless the seller can provide a shipment tracking number as proof of delivery; PayPal will not accept video evidence, a signed document, or any form of proof other than a tracking number as valid proof of delivery.[citation needed]

This form of fraud can be avoided by only accepting cash from buyers who wish to collect goods in person.

disco

Wow.  Makes you want to Lojack a car and go trolling with it.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Alkire193

It is a scam, I sold a  car for 500 bucks and the guy sent a check for 2800. The bank told me the check cleared......they lied. Long story short, the bank messed up, blamed me, the guy took my money, then wanted more. They get very harrassing and aggressive. Local pick up and cash only is the only way.

All of this, happened on Craigslist.....

disco

I remember you talking about that.  THAT was a bum deal.