WTF guys?? Help me out

Started by pj4553, June 20, 2008, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pj4553

Ok guys im posting from my phone ill be home in a bit and get to work!!

pj4553

Ok heres what happened. I first started it up and the throttle value was at 17-19% while it was barely running. Gave it a few revs and it hung steady at 21-22%. Then it shut off. I restarted it and it was running good at 7-8%  ??? then of course it started running shitty and killed.

pj4553

Kenny? Bert? Aaron? I know I'm not supposed to be seeing tps percentages that high ???

Bert

Quote from: Kenny on June 29, 2008, 10:16:32 AM
   I'm gonna call the TPS......Sometimes they just die on these things. Go ahead and break out the multi-meter and test it. You can use the laptop as well. Just turn the key on and start moving the throttle while watching the tps value. If it changes in a linear fashion, we'll move to something else. If behaves in an erratic fashion(voltage or % jumping all over), we found it 8)

pj4553

I've never tested my TPS so I can't help you there...
All I've ever done is reset my TPS in my PCIII software

Do you have the Service Manual & a multi-meter to check the TPS voltage?
If you adjust your TPS I believe you'll have to  calibrate the TPS position in the PCIII software after adjusting TPS.   I wish I knew for sure instead of guessing.... ???

pj4553

No I cant find my multi meter. My brother probably took it :mad:  I really have no idea how to set this so someones going to have to help me through it. I knew having EFI would bite me down the road

Kenny

Quote from: pj4553 on June 29, 2008, 02:04:07 PM
Kenny? Bert? Aaron? I know I'm not supposed to be seeing tps percentages that high ???
Go ahead and check that sucker while the engine isn't running to be sure, but I think we have the answer. The bad news is that I am out of used TPS sensors, so you'll have to hit up the dealer.  :(
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

pj4553

I really don't want to sound like a dumbass or anything but how should I check the tps sensor with the meter? Also I'm under warranty. Shouldn't my dealer replace this for free? Lastly, when I get the new one do I need to re-program it?

LAFURNACE

I had a 3 wheeler with a clogged nipple where the breather hose connects to the cap, and when the engine got up to tempature it would build pressure and bogg it out and stall. It would hiss untill I unscrewed the cap and then it'd run fine. I'd also try 87 octane jsut to see..

Bert

Quote from: pj4553 on June 29, 2008, 04:30:07 PM
I really don't want to sound like a dumbass or anything but how should I check the tps sensor with the meter? Also I'm under warranty. Shouldn't my dealer replace this for free? Lastly, when I get the new one do I need to re-program it?
Yea the dealer should install a new TPS, they can trouble shoot & test it for you as well
assuming a PCIII doesn't void your warranty  ???   Be sure to check/reset your throttle position on your PCIII after the dealer installs a new one

pj4553

Quote from: LAFURNACE on June 30, 2008, 09:23:44 PM
I had a 3 wheeler with a clogged nipple where the breather hose connects to the cap, and when the engine got up to tempature it would build pressure and bogg it out and stall. It would hiss untill I unscrewed the cap and then it'd run fine. I'd also try 87 octane jsut to see..

Yea I checked that already. Everything seems to be free of debris.

pj4553

Quote from: Bert on June 30, 2008, 11:14:58 PM
Yea the dealer should install a new TPS, they can trouble shoot & test it for you as well
assuming a PCIII doesn't void your warranty  ???   Be sure to check/reset your throttle position on your PCIII after the dealer installs a new one

I'm tired of playing with it. I'm just going to bring it to the dealership and see if they can fix it. How do you reset it on the PC3? So even if they install a new TPS it still may not run correctly?

Bert

Quote from: pj4553 on July 01, 2008, 09:07:55 AM
Quote from: Bert on June 30, 2008, 11:14:58 PM

I'm tired of playing with it. I'm just going to bring it to the dealership and see if they can fix it. How do you reset it on the PC3? So even if they install a new TPS it still may not run correctly?
With a new TPS the PCIII should be calibrated to read the same throttle position so they can work efficiently & in unison. It may not need to be done but ceretainly worth checking out.  To reset the PCIII you'll need to hook up to the PCIII & bring up the software.

It's been a while but I think you'll want the machine off & reset so the PCIII reads 0%
I wish I could remember for sure.  I had to borrow a laptop to check mine & never installed the software on my desktop.  It didn't take me too long to figure that out & I'm not a computer/software guy, you'll be fine.  Any questions about it?  Post up, we'll find someone who knows how to do it...

06raptordude

Quote from: pj4553 on June 20, 2008, 09:04:05 PM
It's an 07. I had Jerry from Holeshot Designs pre-map my PC3 for my duals and intake. I never even loaded the software on my computer b/c I really have no idea how to custom tune or set a map.

IM A NEWB SO DONT LAUGH BUT WHAT IS A MAP? My guess would be something to do with aftermarket chips and they way they are tuned as far as air / fuel mixture.... :nana:

Colorado700R

Quote from: 06raptordude on July 01, 2008, 02:55:13 PM
Quote from: pj4553 on June 20, 2008, 09:04:05 PM
It's an 07. I had Jerry from Holeshot Designs pre-map my PC3 for my duals and intake. I never even loaded the software on my computer b/c I really have no idea how to custom tune or set a map.

IM A NEWB SO DONT LAUGH BUT WHAT IS A MAP? My guess would be something to do with aftermarket chips and they way they are tuned as far as air / fuel mixture.... :nana:

Yes a "map" is the file loaded into a PC3 fuel injection control module.

Aaron

pj4553

Just found out my dealer keeps them in stock because he gets them so often :clap: It's covered under warranty so they will replace it for me. I guess I just gotta figure out if its calibrated correctly on the pciii.

Anyways, thanks a whole lot for all the help. I learned a lot from this thread :lol: