WTF guys?? Help me out

Started by pj4553, June 20, 2008, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pj4553

It seemed to be ok. It feels like it pulls like a fuggin freight train. I couldn't keep the front wheels down. Also, the new plug seems to be turning a better color than coal black. I'll ride this weekend. At least if I start having issues again I'll know it's not the map.

kyledvor61

Quote from: pj4553 on June 23, 2008, 08:05:58 PM
It seemed to be ok. It feels like it pulls like a fuggin freight train. I couldn't keep the front wheels down. Also, the new plug seems to be turning a better color than coal black. I'll ride this weekend. At least if I start having issues again I'll know it's not the map.

as long as its not bogging or poopping or anything you should be fine. if anything does happen i would try another map first then dive into it. :thumbs:

Bert

Quote from: pj4553 on June 23, 2008, 08:05:58 PM
That spark plug wasn't looking pretty so maybe a new plug & map was just what the doctor ordered  :)

ThisGuyAlex

where you from? if you bring your laptop and quad i can take care of it for you........
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

pj4553

Thanks for your insight guys. I live in southern Louisiana which is pretty far from most of ya'll. All my buddies ride carbed quads and the ATV shops around here said they wouldn't touch an EFI quad so all I have to go on is this site for help and info.

pj4553

Well.. defiantly not fixed. I went to load it up in my truck and it wouldn't even idle. It just stuttered, popped, and killed. The smell of gasoline was also VERY strong. I really don't know what to do  :(

Bert

Quote from: pj4553 on June 29, 2008, 07:08:37 AM
Well.. defiantly not fixed. I went to load it up in my truck and it wouldn't even idle. It just stuttered, popped, and killed. The smell of gasoline was also VERY strong. I really don't know what to do  :(
Heavy pressure washing can mess with your TPS.  If its a connection issue you could try plugging & unplugging the TPS connections about 5 times & see if that helps, use some dieleltric grease when plugging in too.

pj4553

pj4553

Ok. I tried and it's still the same. The smell of gas is very strong. It almost chokes me when I start it up. Also, there seems to be gas on the plug.

Bert

Quote from: pj4553 on June 29, 2008, 08:09:16 AM
Ok. I tried and it's still the same. The smell of gas is very strong. It almost chokes me when I start it up. Also, there seems to be gas on the plug.
I really cant say but I'm still thinking its the TPS. 

Anyone else know????

pj4553

Its weird. I unhooked my PC3 and tried to start it and it still wouldn't stay running. it ran a bit smoother but once you let off the throttle it dies.

pj4553

Also, I'm running on 93 octane. Could that be a problem  ???

Colorado700R

Octane is fine.  I agree with Bert, your TPS needs recalbrating.  PM Kenny from KDS (Sponsor)  He'll be able to help you calibrate it.

Aaron

Bert

Kenny's response could make a could sticky   :satan:

Kenny

I'm gonna call the TPS......Sometimes they just die on these things. Go ahead and break out the multi-meter and test it. You can use the laptop as well. Just turn the key on and start moving the throttle while watching the tps value. If it changes in a linear fashion, we'll move to something else. If behaves in an erratic fashion(voltage or % jumping all over), we found it 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan: