Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV  (Read 102060 times)

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV
« Reply #1905 on: September 28, 2016, 07:21:15 AM »
Ill be honest. if everything was taken from me, and it was possible to fudge things to get assistance, I'm not certain I'm above it. Especially with my kids. Don't really care what it takes.

And you know what... That's exactly what those programs are created for. A temporary fix for people who need assistance.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1906 on: September 28, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
what a fuckin mess... and the notion that electing one over the other will fix it is insane!

I just hope whoever gets elected doesn't make it worse

:rolleyes: Like the world is gonna end if you pick the wrong one.... :yawn: President really doesn't do much for the every day person like me. THat job belongs to congress, and they suck droopy ballz at it. They almost all need fired. think Ill vote straight down to remove incumbents. Just getting so tired of blaming everyone else for their problems, and never communicating with the idea of seeking solutions.

all I hear: "Hes not in my political party, I'm not voting with him, even if its the best thing for every person in this country!"  then facts are spun FROM that.

that is the dumbest thing. but you know they do it so they can be reelected.

Ill be honest. if everything was taken from me, and it was possible to fudge things to get assistance, I'm not certain I'm above it. Especially with my kids. Don't really care what it takes.

And you know what... That's exactly what those programs are created for. A temporary fix for people who need assistance.

yep. Unemployment. FYI. we've both used it, once each. But I know MANY folks that Abuse it. And I would bet money 99%(at least here) ARE NOT Black or Mexican,  which thats who we choose to  blame our financial problems on. Couldn't be US? never.

Adam ruins everything was pretty good last night.

ruined the proposed border wall and mass deportation.  And pointed out how shitty our immigration policies are. Also reminded me of the mass deportation of Mexicans that we already tried, that isn't really taught in school. I heard about it from Mexican friends out in Cali...certainly never mentioned in Iowa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDOM2k1jkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCUW9H3rt_A

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1907 on: September 28, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »
Unemployment ???

that's not a social program... we all (Employers) pay into that.. and if you have a former employee on it.. you pay more (Quite a bit more)

and I was on that once..

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1908 on: September 28, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »
Unemployment ???

that's not a social program... we all (Employers) pay into that.. and if you have a former employee on it.. you pay more (Quite a bit more)

and I was on that once..

sorry...yeah. I forget about that part of it. But its still a program which gets REALLY abused, and it becomes social, because the rest of us pay for it one way or another(indirectly) HERE, at least, it's policed by the state.

Felt bad the whole time I was on it.  And knew a guy who did his best to maximize his time on it. I HATED having to call in, just to get a check. But glad it was there. Had a baby on the way and could have been worse.

the hiring market here is in dire straits. weve run out so many good employees.... But need help so sometimes, the bad ones come back. We have one right now, worked for ME before. ALWAYS scheming. calling in sick, hurt, whatever.... they rehired her after 3 yrs. shes been back MAYBE 2 weeks. Supposedly hurt her knee, and is off on work. comp. already.  :mad: I worry about ever having to be on that, and those people makin me look bad.

Heffer, I dont think I'd last long as a business owner if I had to pay employees, and got that in return. I lack the continuous calm. I think there would be fisticuffs :rofl: Iv'e been in trouble before, because I guess your'e not supposed to speak your mind :) Folks learned back in the day, dont threaten me to quit. Just fukin leave. :bird: Also, Church is not a valid reason you cant be at work.  But you cant tell the employee "even Jesus is on the clock"  that's supposedly crossing the line. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1909 on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:11 AM »
lol... yea... that's maybe not cool

there is a reason I no longer have employees, the bullshit costs and regulations.. the right and wrong.. the calling in sick... FERK all that

my wife would freak out on hers if she had any.. she is in the same boat as me... zero tolerance for lazy

the nice thing about unemployment... it's not a permanent solution.. it expires!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1910 on: September 28, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »
lol... yea... that's maybe not cool

there is a reason I no longer have employees, the bullshit costs and regulations.. the right and wrong.. the calling in sick... FERK all that

my wife would freak out on hers if she had any.. she is in the same boat as me... zero tolerance for lazy

the nice thing about unemployment... it's not a permanent solution.. it expires!

Yessir.   :thumbs:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #1911 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:06 PM »
Guys I think you have a nice discussion going here.  I don't have the time or the inclination to delve too deeply into this with you but I would suggest the discussion would benefit from a brush up on your domestic spending policies.  The 10% of federal spending allocated to the Social Safety Net includes SSI payouts for the disabled and elderly, tax credits that economists and politicians agree work like the EITC, the deduction anyone with a kid gets for each dependent, unemployment insurance, and of course direct aid.  Google something called "TANF", which is the current name for the thing people think of when they think "welfare".  This accounts for less than 1/4 of one percent of the federal budget, or around $8 billion.  Combine that with SNAP (foodstamps) and at best your family is at 80% of the poverty line and bringing in around 1/3rd the median income. 

I'm a single male with no dependents, paying more income tax as a percentage of earnings than most, and I am not happy with the way my tax dollars are being spent.  But to think that these programs are somehow the root cause of the breakdown in our society and our collective economic malaise is a narrative disassociated from reality.  We humans hate the thought that someone else is getting one over on us;  the idea that someone else got a better deal on a good or service, the idea that someone else gets to cut in line or receive preferential treatment.  We scorn those with their hands out and belittle those who were born into wealth, insisting that we are morally and spiritually superior to both clases because "we had to work for it and so should they".

I'm not saying there aren't people taking advantage of the system but the idea that those numbers add up to make a meaningful difference in my tax bill or yours is a bit of a stretch.  It reminds me of the laws and steps we're taking towards eliminating voter ID fraud, something that happens at a rate of 26 convictions per 197 Million votes.  Let's not let the narrative distort reality, but rather keep these egregious anecdotes in context with the full width and breadth of our economic stage.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:17:03 PM by Mad Dog »

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1912 on: October 05, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
leave it to MD to piss all over our distorted reality

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1913 on: October 05, 2016, 08:38:11 AM »
MD.

Firstly. I totally agree. Poor people abusing welfare isn't nearly the huge problem conservative(generalizing here) folks would have you believe. -in relation to the real costly problems, such as war, billionaire handouts, and general government a$$f*ckery. I do not have a problem with helping people. I DO have a problem with giving MILLIONS to people, just because they have good lawyers.

furthermore, I am a fan of your intelligent wording, as usual. Using the word "Malaise" correctly in a sentence, with proper context, just MIGHT have prejudiced that agreement with you. Im so dazzled, It would be difficult for me to argue, even if I wanted to. which I don't. Because you are correct. have a nice day.   :rofl:

this just made me so happy. "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." well I Dont care enough to review it. :lol:

leave it to MD to piss all over our distorted reality

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1914 on: October 05, 2016, 09:05:48 AM »
Guys I think you have a nice discussion going here.  I don't have the time or the inclination to delve too deeply into this with you but I would suggest the discussion would benefit from a brush up on your domestic spending policies.
YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

I'm not saying there aren't people taking advantage of the system but the idea that those numbers add up to make a meaningful difference in my tax bill or yours is a bit of a stretch.  It reminds me of the laws and steps we're taking towards eliminating voter ID fraud, something that happens at a rate of 26 convictions per 197 Million votes.  Let's not let the narrative distort reality, but rather keep these egregious anecdotes in context with the full width and breadth of our economic stage.
Well, La di da MR FRENCHMAN!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1915 on: October 05, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »
Guys I think you have a nice discussion going here.  I don't have the time or the inclination to delve too deeply into this with you but I would suggest the discussion would benefit from a brush up on your domestic spending policies.

In the 2nd quote, in which you call out MD as a FRENCHMAN, there are no words of even remotely french descent.  :rofl: 

You know? living in canada's taint, I'd think you should notice this.   :confused:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1916 on: October 05, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »

In the 2nd quote, in which you call out MD as a FRENCHMAN, there are no words of even remotely french descent.  :rofl: 

You know? living in canada's taint, I'd think you should notice this.   :confused:

NEAT STORY ASSHOLE! It was just a quote from the Simpsons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJkLBj6G1k

cripes.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1917 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »
well..
we can all only draw from our own experiences and our circle of influence, and since the nearest county to me with any serious population is Saginaw county (about 3/4 of a city block away from my home)

population 2013 was 196,542
and in that same year there were 57,561 on FAP (food assistance programs)
you could see how I would personally see that problem as a larger issue than someone in a more "" well off area would see it
in 2014, and 2015, there has  been a slight drop in FAP recipients in Saginaw county, "slight"... but note worthy.

we have had similar discussions when speaking of "gun violence" (that term still cracks me up)
it's all about your surroundings (lets use IA for example)
according to neighborhood scout (take THAT for what it's worth)
chances of becoming a victim of a Violent crime in Saginaw Michigan is 1 in 58 (other areas of Michigan are MUCH lower of course.. and some higher)
chances of becoming a victim in Iowa is only 1 in 366 (not sure of any cities close to Peels that would be fair to compare)

my point being... it's all about where you live and what you see

and around here.. it's pretty shitty

go to any Wal-mart around here and watch how many people are using the "bridge card" (our food stamp program) to buy chips, pop, and expensive brand products, that could be cheaper to buy store brand (Kellogg cereal instead of store brand)..
Ice cream, Doritos and Pepsi are NOT food assistance worthy... it's BULLSHIT!
Michigan's assistance program needs a total re-design!
with modern "bar-code" scanning, it would be pretty easy to have authorized products and those that are not.
much like our "WIC" assistance program for pregnant women young children... it is MUCH better

I could give examples all fucking day..

so.. YES MD..
on a national scale it's not as bleak as some paint it..
but on a more local scale it's a huge cluster FERK

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1918 on: October 05, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »
nah its the same here. tons of people using it. its bad but not THAT bad. In line grocery store yesterday, lady, 3 kids looked very able bodied to me. used the card. But bought sensible items and two birthday cakes lol...couldn't speak english. It irked me. but... again. a rich FERK skimming millions from tax evasion so he can buy a new lakehouse pisses me off way more.

heres anther way to put how I see it: If taxes are going to help 1000 needy families and 300 of them are scamming, it bothers me more, if the same amount of tax dollars go to 10 rich people and only 3 of them scammed, because theyve fudged their expenses.

on the same token... the people on assistance that get a tax return of more than they even earned due to credits. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK that. just straight up FUUUUUUCCCK it. HUGE pet peeve. I know of plenty of people. that is a loophole that must be closed immediately. you should not get more than you put in. PERIOD.

wait. but really....I have a serious question.

they call their assistance program..... FAP?

i'm done with this topic. i cant even continue  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and.

LOL RANDY
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:48:54 AM by Peels »

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1919 on: October 05, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »
yea.. FAP... who thought of that