Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV  (Read 102028 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV
« Reply #1980 on: March 22, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
Ya, not unusual for people recently deceased.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1981 on: March 22, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Ya, not unusual for people recently deceased.

well i read that as, hes an old man, it happens.  :rofl:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1982 on: June 14, 2018, 08:13:18 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this..

Sometimes we get caught up in the monotonous tasks of our daily life that we forget to let people in or reach out to others. Time flies by too fast to not enjoy it all.

Last month I lost a close friend of mine to cancer, and before he died we got all our buddies together, even ones we hadn't seen in years and we all got fucking hammered, like 30 grown dudes just having the coolest party, had some ladies over, watched movies, played video games and everything. Nobody even mentioned that he was sick, or gave him condolences, we all made him feel alive. We all had a great time.

A couple days after he died, we all got back together to celebrate his life, but honestly it just ended up with 29 grown men crying and telling stories about shit they did together.

Folks, please, take my advice, hang out with your friends, enjoy their presence, because sometime life is a total asshole and throws some curveballs at you.

Carry on fukfaces.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1983 on: June 14, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »
When Peels dies, ima pour a bunch of beer on his grave (after it passes through my liver first)

thanks for the feels Randy!!

(Just golfed 9 holes with a buddy this morning)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1984 on: June 14, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »
Im with ya.

life can suck. But, we try enjoy the parts that dont more.  :thumbs:

also. lies, heffer. ill have to plan my wake in fukin Reese michigan to get you there.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1985 on: June 14, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
asshole!!

I travel MANY places.. just not Dumpwater Iowa

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1986 on: June 14, 2018, 12:50:38 PM »
Rando dont worry about sharing.... peels' all fulla feels these days....age maybe?  very sorry to hear about your friend. Shoulda said something... we had some tots and pears to give you. 

:thumbs: :rofl:

got a long read for ya. perspective on where I am at as a human being. if you followed meh fb or insta (just started using it again lol) youd see this stuff. its about soccer so pre-warning.....

i know you guys like to hate on it -it cracks me up-its hilarious.... but something has woken up inside of me this year...in like an "ive found my calling" sorta way. Now Iv'e always enjoyed the sport... in fact, its the only one i really enjoy -i hate sports mostly, unless they involve engines lol.   Iv'e always coached kids soccer in some way....save for a few years pre-parenthood. Its just in my blood....and in a way I feel connected to my dad, whom I for some reason, miss terribly lately. He did the same for me, when I came home at 4 yrs old, and said i wanted to play.  He only knew the sport from watching it from the tower of his aircraft carrier.....but immediately got involved, coaching. I played at top league in my city in Cali... then got moved to Iowa, where...soccer is an afterthought. Still played but patchy and we drove everywhere. Then it mostly stopped when I turned 18. I explained it to a couple other coaches... and parents. ...Iv'e been alone with this sport with pent-up excitement for some 20+yrs.... Only watching games alone, coaching kids...letting my fanboyness out in little bits. Now, meeting all these folks into it, who arent a-holes, kids who are excited.. im like that volcano in Hawaii. Its pouring outta me like lava destroying everything in its path.  :rofl:

This year, I started coaching(and Colin started playing) in the local "club" team-higher level training, competition etc.. I always had reservations about it, cost, travel... is it worth it, will he enjoy no longer being the biggest fish, are the parents dickhead rich people with flatbilled hats and neck tats... :rofl: etc. The problem with the sport in this country vs others....it isnt part of our culture.. Only kids with money play it, the lower income people are left behind due to this..    comparatively, anyways. Other countries, its in their culture. Much like baseball, or basketball here. I mean... Drive by most (not ours) suburban home, kids are outside emulating Lebron, Michael Jordan, or (insert baseball person-i hate on baseball like you guys hate on soccer  :rofl: ) Free play and self discovery is what makes you better, not coaches screaming at you. (this is also true in life)  I hate that type of environment, and was glad to see the folks I'm working with are not that way at ALL. They dont "cut" kids. just move them between teams for more development. THey also dont force the kids to be at practice, or tell them they cant play other sports, which is annoying. My whole goal is more kids playing better. that cant come from above. Also, i dont care if they play other sports, but my second goal, is to create an environment where they dont want to.  8) SO, cant change things unless you get involved.....

The group I took over, the 11u team (11 yrs or under) The coach is who brought us in. he was doing 2 teams. 11 and 12's. Excellent coach, just stretched himself-seemed stressed. He starts buggin me... i'm thinking about it...not seriously though-sports should be fun, but.... Colin is crushing other kids at rec level....to an unfair level He was invited to play along as guest player. I watched-Kids seem unengaged..bored....  lol so I agree to just attend a coaches meeting-no more.  The director. an englishman, awesome dude. Buys me a couple pints of Guinness.... the Chairman, who i know...sort of... and looks uber familiar... We leave the meeting, i still wasn't decided. See him in parking lot.... He hands me a jacket, with my name embroidered on it. And says "your dad probably smiling down like a motherf**ker right now" Now, you guys know, I have exactly zero level of spirituality, and dont believe in "Smiling down" but ill be got damned if it didnt touch my non existent soul. and confuse me -because -who is this guy? :lol: He looks at me, "you dont recognize me do you?" me: "sort of, should i?" well. My dad and I had coached him in the inaugural season for Jr HIgh Soccer in our little Iowa town (that hated the sport publicly) and said that was the best time in his life.  so, though proud. yes, I am very old. lmao

So, this spring, Me and Colin roll in ridiculous soccer fans..one season i've got these little shits lighting up like Christmas trees. Kids having a blast, getting better....parents all up in my grill thanking me... now, were playing in leagues of teams that are well above our learning level... so they lost a ton. But... this very last game out under the lights.... I got to do one of my favorite routines. I gave the kids their formation and lineup, then walked away, said "you know what im gonna say, Im just a fan until you guys need me" Walked over to the sidelines, coached the parents instead. Told them i need them loud, make sure the boys know youre behind em. Well, My boys scored first, early, then held on, against a waaaay better organized and experienced team, that also played well. Of course, Some kids, still not so good, need help. One of those kids, little chubby kid...I let him play at the beginning... late in game hes sittin' on the bench, i have him go in 5 minutes left and tell him to be tough dont let anyone in (also tell couple better players this is happening and to cover him). He looks at me. Almost tears up, "wow, i get to play in the final! my basketball coach would never let me play at all" goes in crushes it lol. Peels' little fragile Heart was bleeding.....  Parents on the sidelines...cheering...singing chants. it was amazing. Same kid, we had our last practice yesterday.... I Asked him how his summers been going, and how baseball was. "i quit baseball, soccer's my sport, coach" fuk yeah i win i win....  :clap: :rofl: I have more smily stories from this that have been lighting me up inside...but....IM pretty sure Ive bored you guys already so ill end here.. I mean 3 paragraphs of soccer..... :yawn:

Quite happy, All my kids registered to play again-100% return rate -plus two additional signups - after my first season. It's Never happened before they tell me.  8)

Basically, Its more than just a sport to me. We're making responsible young men who WANT to succeed, not just expect that they will. But, doing it, using a sport IM obsessed with so.... 

:thumbs:

ok you can wake up now soccer chat is over.  :rofl:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:52:45 PM by PeelsSE2 »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1987 on: June 14, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
asshole!!

I travel MANY places.. just not Dumpwater Iowa

thanks for posting my exact point.  :rofl:

:conceit:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1988 on: June 14, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
good story Peels.. so touching I'm just gonna let the "young men wanting to succeed" line pass by with no "Suck-seed" comments at all!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1989 on: June 14, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »
good story Peels.. so touching I'm just gonna let the "young men wanting to succeed" line pass by with no "Suck-seed" comments at all!

this is simply impossible.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1990 on: June 14, 2018, 01:45:30 PM »
Peelz, that's a wonderful story. I bet they may be able to get the women's home shopping network to pick it up and do a story on it.
:rofl:

:rofl: that's really awesome though. I'm really excited to see what Kelvin gets into. Will he be into traditional sports or esports, or music. I don't care but I'm excited to get excited with him. If I could be as excited as you sound about soccer with anything. That would be awesome. haha

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1991 on: June 14, 2018, 02:40:11 PM »
Peelz, that's a wonderful story. I bet they may be able to get the women's home shopping network to pick it up and do a story on it.
:rofl:

:rofl: that's really awesome though. I'm really excited to see what Kelvin gets into. Will he be into traditional sports or esports, or music. I don't care but I'm excited to get excited with him. If I could be as excited as you sound about soccer with anything. That would be awesome. haha

LMAO.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: its lifetime afternoon movie special all the way. LOL

but. if he does go that way.... let me know if i can help you.  fo realz.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1992 on: September 25, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
A speedrunner by the name of Kosmic just became the first person to beat Super Mario Bros. in 4 minutes and 55 seconds. Literally less than one second away from a perfect run!

Pretty nuts hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gum4GI2Jr0s

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1993 on: September 25, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »
A speedrunner by the name of Kosmic just became the first person to beat Super Mario Bros. in 4 minutes and 55 seconds. Literally less than one second away from a perfect run!

Pretty nuts hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gum4GI2Jr0s

wow.  ::)

challenge in my house still hasnt been met. kids arent allowed to make fun of us about gaming until they can beat mario 3.  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1994 on: September 25, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »
TedTalk about a black man attending KKK  rallies. Pretty interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORp3q1Oaezw

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: