Summer Build

Started by shookie, July 26, 2010, 11:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Its threaded, the shop I sent mine to took it off and never gave it back. About 1/8" to 1/4" inside the cylinder it starts to thread. There is no replacement for it, so if you do destroy it you can drill and tap a fuel fitting into it and it will work just fine

shookie

Quote from: Alkire193 on July 30, 2010, 06:11:09 PM
Its threaded, the shop I sent mine to took it off and never gave it back. About 1/8" to 1/4" inside the cylinder it starts to thread. There is no replacement for it, so if you do destroy it you can drill and tap a fuel fitting into it and it will work just fine
Well i destoryed it trying to get it out  :clap: at least my cylinder is ready to be sent out now. I have a question on the piston rings how do i tell what ring is the top one and the second one?
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Alkire193

Thickness, use a vernier caliper to figure out which is thicker. Are you going after market piston? If so the ring gapping is provided by the manufacturer. If its the stocker then just check the Manual and measure, Usually the thicker ring is second if I remember correctly. Replace ALL the rings!

Did you decide to resleeve? Otherwise youll have to nikasil every so many hours.

shookie

I went with a cp 10.75:1 and im sending it out to us chrome cant wait  :nana:
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs

shookie

Any one have a map thats close for 105mm 10.75:1, HC3, hmf exhaust?
2008 Raptor 700r SE