Pink injector questions???

Started by Gunz, April 07, 2010, 10:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

At what point do I need a 565 pink injector?

Do I need to remap for these?

Do I need to dyno tune for these?

What is the purpose of using one of these injectors?

Is there an advantage?

Would running 2 of these on my throttle body be overkill?

Will these work on a stock Throttle body? +2tb? +3tb? 54/58tb?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Lady4Fiddy

:clap:  Pink....? Do I need one of these?   ???

:lol:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Gunz

QuoteFew quotes from various threads on them.

DL700 "......map numbers will drop 25+% in the upper rpms changing from STOCK to this injector "

Team Rocket Factory, talking about the stock injectors "I have noticed a lot of older bikes on our dyno only make it to 75hp before they are close to max. brand new injector can go to 85hp The filters get plugged up and they start going to sh&(*"

DL700 "NO, this injector works in a stock tb as well as the larger tb's...

OEM style fit, no spacers needed for the fuel rail

drop in , tune and go! "

Funyun

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

DL700

We use the 565 PINK injectors for anything making over 75 hp here.... we have found that though a bike may run to higher hp levels on the stock injector that the consistency fades and the bikes tend to run lean after a few passes up the hill or around the track...

the Pink's can be used in the stock tb as well as the 54/58 tb's and they get added to the 54 tb's we use upon sale'

It is required to do a full remap as there is about 30 % additional flow of fuel throughout the entire range...
we have many base maps covering this application from stock bore/stroke to  860 builds
CUERVO RACING

Alkire193

Mike,

Are you looking for Drag or consistancy? Id be interested to hear about consistancy over 2 hours of heavy abuse with the fuel injector if the atv is making over 90-100hp

Gunz

Consistency, ytou know I got a trailbike gangsta....... :)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Spartan

Does this increase or decrease fuel economy? For us trail riders that like going on longer stretches without returning to the truck.

Pw383426

Quote from: Spartan727 on May 03, 2010, 04:18:39 PM
Does this increase or decrease fuel economy? For us trail riders that like going on longer stretches without returning to the truck.

It would increase fuel economy figuring the motor is the same, compared to an RC injector

Spartan

So going from stock injector to the pinky won't turn the rappy into an ultra gas hog, if I understand it right? I see terms like "increase fuel flow by 30%" and that to me is like dumping a lot more fuel thus turning my 70 mile tank into a 25 mile one. I know there's a certain tipping point where more power eventually starts decreasing economy, I was just wondering if something like this injector went the same way. Figuring no extra mods at the time of the swap.

russ-russ

Quote from: Spartan727 on May 03, 2010, 05:11:52 PM
So going from stock injector to the pinky won't turn the rappy into an ultra gas hog, if I understand it right? I see terms like "increase fuel flow by 30%" and that to me is like dumping a lot more fuel thus turning my 70 mile tank into a 25 mile one. I know there's a certain tipping point where more power eventually starts decreasing economy, I was just wondering if something like this injector went the same way. Figuring no extra mods at the time of the swap.
It is capable of flowing 30% more fuel.  However, you motor isn't capable of using 30% more fuel, that's why a full re-map is needed.  You would need the bigger injector if your build has reached the limits of the stock injector (around 75 HP), but it won't give you more power just by swapping injectors.

Spartan

Yeah I realize that. It basically does open up the bottleneck though, so I can bolt on more mods in the future without worry about exceeding the stock injector limits...Plus my injector is about 2 years old and sits a bit now and then.

DL700

fuel delivery will stay the same, but the duty cycle at  which the injector is working is greatly decreased
CUERVO RACING