Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Thoughts on these Tires?  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on these Tires?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 01:39:30 AM »
My next set of rears I'll try Kenda Kutter Xc's
http://www.kendausa.com/atv/sport.html#kutterxc

Hopefully it proves to be a good tire for me.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »
I've run XCRs and HDs now...XCRs do seem to have more bite in turns but my HDs hook up like hell on pavement and in hardpack dirt....But when I went riding on sunday they just span the whole time, could barely get the front end up unless I was hitting the whoops and leaning back.

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »

Best Tire I've ever ridden were Holeshot GNCCs....but I swear they wore so fast I thought they melted like butter in the microwave :mad:

And there pretty spendy...

I might suggest the XCR's. Similar to the GNCC's but the tire compound isn't as soft.

I think these tires shown look kind of sketchy.. I could see if yuou were playing in mud all day maybe. But those lugs look to far apart for my taste.. and with your little power wheels.. I think you may spin them to their death just as fast as the gncc's.

I used HD's for a while.. I honestly hated them. The tire didn't wear very much so that's a plus. Their traction new was awesome. hooked up very well, But as they wore down the tire being a harder compound had more and more of a tendancy to spin out more. seemed they'd slide all over despite the lugs being only worn 50-60%.

My XCR's have been awesome. Honestly the best set of tires I've run thus far. :)

+1 on the XCR's....Plenty of bite, wear is "so-so" IMO and you can power slide as needed. Kind of pricey but I'll buy them again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:58:31 PM by Diggs59 »

Offline Blair

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
+1 on the XCR's too...

i had Razr 2's and now i have XCR's on the quad... i love em, i find they hook better on a launch or out of the corner than the Razr 2's but still give the slide in the corners when you want it...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline AJ RAPTOR

• Street Cred: 1
  • 660R let the monster out
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »
I got the 20x11-9 kenda knarly's on back of my raptor for anywhere i ride sand, rock, mud, woods, snow, ice, you name it and these tires got me through it I wont buy any other tire for my raptor now in soft ground it acts like a mini paddle almost with the huge knobs on it and in the hard pack ground it still gives off a fairly smooth ride and still bite quite well for a firmer knoby tire and i am only on my 2nd set since 2004 and these ones are still like new they last a long time they are made for desert riding but i find that desert tires are the best all around tire

a review on the Kenda Klaw and the Kenda Knarly here (I have rode with others that have the klaws and I find my knarlys way better on the trails and i wouldn't even waste my breath on any type holeshot type tire for trails out here where I am they wear out WAy to fast and just dont give any bite on anything harder then loomy ground)

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=191569
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:03:35 PM by AJ RAPTOR »
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Offline anthony81

• Email
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:33 AM »
I run I RZR's thats what those look like. I ride them on pavement, dirt, and sand and i wouldnt have any other tire. I used to run regular RZR's but you get half the tread worn down and they wont even grip on pavement. I had a set of Kendas before and you get up in 4th and 5th they shake like a bitch.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »
Well I ordered a set of those Duro Hook-ups in 20x11x9 from RMATV.  I'll provide a first ride review soon. :thumbs:

Offline Troy31

• VIP Orange
  • Street Cred: 2
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
I hope I'm wrong but I have feeling you aren't gonna like those. For the trails around here the more lugs the better IMO. Nothing beats a fresh set of Turf Tamers.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Offline XC_Raptor700R

• Email
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
GBC X-Rex's all the way ! The I-Razr's and their copy's are way too open. They wear way too quick.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 11:49:07 PM »
I hope I'm wrong but I have feeling you aren't gonna like those. For the trails around here the more lugs the better IMO. Nothing beats a fresh set of Turf Tamers.

LOL  My Razr's had all the lugs I could ever need, but would pitch me sideways at 70mph on the fire roads (bad juju). I'll give them a shot, Nikki's stock YFZ tires were much more stable and slide way less with less lugs and a more open pattern.

All else fails there be a sweet burnout video to post up if i hate them.

Offline Troy31

• VIP Orange
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
When you gonna test em out? We should head out to divide for a quick ride one of these days, I haven't ridden in a long time.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »
When you gonna test em out? We should head out to divide for a quick ride one of these days, I haven't ridden in a long time.

well the weather channel ain't exactly cooperating, but soon hopefully

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »
Troy, just checked the weather up at lake george on sunday...high of 65 degrees.  You want to go?  I'll drive if you want, just come over and load up on my trailer.

Aaron

Offline Troy31

• VIP Orange
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
Yeah that sounds good, I'll have to do some work and running around tomorrow to get a quad ready. Don't have any race gas and chief isn't open on the weekends so i might have to take the wifes quad. Previous owner put a 13.5:1 piston in the ktm so i run a 50/50 mix.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 06:14:56 PM »