Thoughts on these Tires?

Started by Colorado700R, March 14, 2010, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

They got good reviews on RMATV.  My Maxxis rzrs are gonna kill me if I keep them (WAY too much slide).  SO I'd like to try a more rounded open tread pattern for trail riding.

What do you think?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&navType=type&webTypeId=138&prodFamilyId=17493&listingId=&sizeAttr=388#vehicleSelect

Peelz

they look like I-Razr's. Mega grip!!!!! Used them on  a banshee. wheelie monster.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Headrope

Those look scary if they'll be used for trail riding. Too much open space between the tread for sticks to poke through for my tastes.
When the time comes - very, very soon - I'm probably going to go with RAZR2s. I'm told those almost have too little slide.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Troy31

Those remind me of the stock dunlops on an ltr which are the worst tire I've ever ridden on.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Diggs59

I'm not a tire guru (not really a guru of anything I guess :lol:) so I could be wrong about this but I don't see that tread pattern being a very good gripper on the trails ??? Just looks to me like they'll slide "too much".

Colorado700R

sorry for the edit in your post diggsy, clicked the wrong button...

Well the Razr 1's put me in a constant powerslide now because of there square profile, these are a bit more rounded.

Quote from: Troy31 on March 14, 2010, 06:56:37 PM
Those remind me of the stock dunlops on an ltr which are the worst tire I've ever ridden on.

Sounds like the stock Raptor Dunlops too :aaron:

:dunno:

Troy31

Maybe some Kenda Klaws, I know a couple of guys running them and like them. They aren't as flat as a razr but have more tread than those duros.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Gunz

These look like a good all around dirt tire. Rounded for traction, spaced apart for mud seperation. What compound are they? I would give them a try.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

Best Tire I've ever ridden were Holeshot GNCCs....but I swear they wore so fast I thought they melted like butter in the microwave :mad:

And there pretty spendy...

Troy31

Maybe some Holeshot HDs, they're heavy but you have the power to turn em.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Gunz

Im rock'n the GNCC"S and they seem to be wearing purdy darn well... I stay off the asphalt as much as possible though.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on March 14, 2010, 09:37:11 PM

Best Tire I've ever ridden were Holeshot GNCCs....but I swear they wore so fast I thought they melted like butter in the microwave :mad:

And there pretty spendy...

I might suggest the XCR's. Similar to the GNCC's but the tire compound isn't as soft.

I think these tires shown look kind of sketchy.. I could see if yuou were playing in mud all day maybe. But those lugs look to far apart for my taste.. and with your little power wheels.. I think you may spin them to their death just as fast as the gncc's.

I used HD's for a while.. I honestly hated them. The tire didn't wear very much so that's a plus. Their traction new was awesome. hooked up very well, But as they wore down the tire being a harder compound had more and more of a tendancy to spin out more. seemed they'd slide all over despite the lugs being only worn 50-60%.

My XCR's have been awesome. Honestly the best set of tires I've run thus far. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Im grabbing some GNCC's all around. As well as XCR's. I want to test them both. Those.....those tires just dont look right. I figure the flat areas will slide you in mud real bad. Not a fan.

Peelz

yeah aaron those big straight lugs slid like crazy in the turns. But mega bite going straight outta the turns.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

XCRs are goin on mine after the dyno, ill be able to give u a good idea on wear for the long run if you want to try a different tire.  Pirelli makes a really good tire and they do a really good job with different compounds in the tire to match your riding style.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"