New Rappy

Started by Sand84, March 13, 2010, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand84

Took back to the dealer today.  Service guy comes out and within 2 minutes he's looking around doesnt take anything off and Says I'll order a new stem, hood and topper.  How the FERK did he know it was the stem within two minutes?  Hmm i think they knew about it before i picked it up.  Fucking dealers :mad: 
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Alkire193

Quote from: Sand84 on March 15, 2010, 07:26:14 PM
Took back to the dealer today.  Service guy comes out and within 2 minutes he's looking around doesnt take anything off and Says I'll order a new stem, hood and topper.  How the FERK did he know it was the stem within two minutes?  Hmm i think they knew about it before i picked it up.  Fucking dealers :mad: 

SAND I hear ya man. I co signed my friends Raptor in 2007 (a sweet GYTR). The shop got it from a Nashville distribution warehouse and the shop built it up. Five days later Vic (old room mate) is hounding them that he wants to go ride and they are taking longer than they said they would take. We go there, pick it up, do an oil change and fill up and go to the trails. Mid run Vic disappears from behind me and my trailing guy Steve is also gone, so I wait. And wait, and wait. Finally I head back to the truck to see if I meet them. 4 other guys  we were with said they hadnt seen them. Then out of the blue here comes Vic being towed behind a 2-stroke 250 (Steves bike), suspension DRAGGING ON THE GROUND. We do a quick look over and see that the upper and lower suspension mount bolts were sitting there with no nuts, the wheel lugs were loose and the same with the rear linkage. Even the carrier wasnt torqued. Vic ate it when the suspension dropped through the a-arms and anchored the bike mid ride.

Now, at this point in our awesome kick ass take no prisoners Raptor riding careers we didnt think of PMCSing the thing before we rode them. We figured if its brand new and costs almost 8,000 dollars it should be fill up and go for the first few hours until its initial service. Thats what mine was. I was pegged 5th in a corn field the second it came off the truck.

We went back to the shop, and Vic was very polite about his near death experience. I wanted somebodies head. I ripped into the service center, demanded tune up, 100% inspection of everything, replacement of damaged items and .......maybe some free stuff thrown in  :thumbs:. Vic let them give him a price quote before all that happened. Almost 1600 bucks in repairs and servicing. After I overheard it, they demanded I calm down. Even yelled at me, but I got louder....then they gave in. Now that GYTR sits in a basement behind some boxes with its stock tread still intact. If anyone wants a near mint 2007 GYTR he thinks he will get 6000 for it. I told him dream on. But its there if you want it.  :)

Shady sales people though.....Shady......

Krandall

The local dealership to me is pretty good. All the mechanics there either race quad or dirt bike, so I felt very comfortable w/ them putting it together. Never had any major issue (stock wise).

What freakin scum bags though that could have seriously injured your buddy.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Well, put together or not my buddy wasnt to bright. First time riding MX he takes a 40 ft table top, lets go of the handlebars and cases it. Shattered eye socket......  :( Never rode again after that.

Peelz

well that's horse$hit Alkire!

and....you smeared Sandy's happiness thread with that depressing story.  :lol:  JK
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

damn.

my bro-in-law just broke his eye socket last summer. that was the first I'd ever heard that... but he fell 40' out of a tree...

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Quote from: Krandall on March 16, 2010, 09:54:11 AM
damn.

my bro-in-law just broke his eye socket last summer. that was the first I'd ever heard that... but he fell 40' out of a tree...

mental note, 40 feet seems to be the eye sockets breaking point, good stuff here guys, keep it coming.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Yea sorry, ill bring it back into focus. Ok SAND, what are you going to do first?

Sand84

Getting a rappy without a bent frame :thumbs: :'(

Custom Carbon Creations

Spartan

Nice...Glad it worked out for you  :nana:

Krandall

homo.

:lol:

Glad they are taking care of you.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Sand84

Ordered first mods today :thumbs:  JVR seat and Black JVR Cam and oil covers :batman:

Custom Carbon Creations

Krandall

what colors did you pick for the seat?

I think you need to hold off on the truck lift and just send the bike to Kev. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Sand84

Black red and white.. I cant Krandall  :rofl:

Custom Carbon Creations