Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: MX Suspension for 700  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Ironhorse

• Street Cred: 0
MX Suspension for 700
« on: March 12, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
I want to be able to ride MX with my 07 raptor. If you have modified suspension and are riding MX with it, please let me know what you did for A-arms and shocks. I'm not sure if I need long travel and new shocks or if I should just re-spring and re-valve my stockers and stick with the stock A-arms.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: MX Suspension for 700
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
I want to be able to ride MX with my 07 raptor. If you have modified suspension and are riding MX with it, please let me know what you did for A-arms and shocks. I'm not sure if I need long travel and new shocks or if I should just re-spring and re-valve my stockers and stick with the stock A-arms.

In all honesty I'd just call up WiigStyle Racing and see what he can do for you. He's a dealer for alot of aftermarket shock, he can revalve your stocker, or hook you up with a 100% custom shock tailored to the raptor's needs, and your walet's needs.

I've got Eye Ball Engineering A-Arms and Elka ST shocks and LOVE THEM TO DEATH!!!!!!! I've hit quite a few MX tracks and doubles/tipples dont even phase them.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:36:37 PM »
I'm rocking the Houser Slicast and love the hell out of them. Super easy and fast caster adjustment, I would rave about the camber adjustment, but they are all the same when it comes to that as far as aftermarket goes... I prefer LT for jumping, but that's all based on opinion. As far as shocks, I would give Wiigstyle a call, just like Preddy said. I have Motowoz on the front and a OEM rear rebuilt/valved/sprung by Wiig and couldn't be happier with both front and rear.  :thumbs: There's a thousand different variations out there and your going to get as many different responses. Oh and I MX only some of the time, mostly XC...

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline XC_Raptor700R

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 10:57:18 AM »
I have a XC setup but the cost is about the same for stock rebuilds. I would personally go with LT for MX but it cost me $650 for all 3 to be resprung/revalved including a rear link.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Offline Ironhorse

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
I'm rocking the Houser Slicast and love the hell out of them. Super easy and fast caster adjustment, I would rave about the camber adjustment, but they are all the same when it comes to that as far as aftermarket goes... I prefer LT for jumping, but that's all based on opinion. As far as shocks, I would give Wiigstyle a call, just like Preddy said. I have Motowoz on the front and a OEM rear rebuilt/valved/sprung by Wiig and couldn't be happier with both front and rear.  :thumbs: There's a thousand different variations out there and your going to get as many different responses. Oh and I MX only some of the time, mostly XC...

That's good to hear  :thumbs: I am about a day away from getting a Houser Slicast +2.25" LT with tric trac, then motowoz front and rear. This is music to my ears!! :clap: I live really close to the Motowoz shop, so I know servicing them will be easy.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
ROCK ON!!!!! :clap: Let me know what you think of the tric trac......I'm seriously debating on getting a set.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline WiigStyle

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
WiigStyle Racing is a Houser Dealer. If you need tric-trac, slicast, or hard parts please ask for pricing. I have a dealer log in on there website to obtain prices quicker.

Josh

Offline Ironhorse

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
I ended up going with the Houser +2.25 with Motowoz front and rear. I love it. I also got Tric Tac. I will get some riding in and give a report back on performance.

Offline Troy31

• VIP Orange
  • Street Cred: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »
I ended up going with the Houser +2.25 with Motowoz front and rear. I love it. I also got Tric Tac. I will get some riding in and give a report back on performance.
I really think that tric trac setup is pretty sweet, really like to hear a ride report on it. How do you like the HMF comp series also?
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »
The motowoz black/blue shocks look damn good on that SE2 .  Was that special custom order?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »
save your pennies peelz.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 08:12:48 AM »
save your pennies peelz.

datz alot O' penniez
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:48 AM »
That's a sweet setup, definitely looks great and should handle awesome.

Offline Ironhorse

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:41 AM »
Thanks fellas. I've been waiting a for quite a while to get these on and was really hesitant about putting the cash into it, but from my initial ride between the arms, shocks, and stablizer, this thing is really sweet to ride. Motowoz offers these new black bodies as a standard now.

As for the FMF exhaust, there was a noticable increase in low end torque. The top probably a little increase, but not what a pair of duals will do. That said, I ride MX style tracks and tighter trails. very rarely have an opportunity to open it up all the way. So it works great for me. I have a lot of performance stuff on it now, so it should work well as a package (still haven't even touched the engine yet  :P):

Motowoz front and rear shocks
Houser +2.25" long travel A-arms
Durablue extended rear hubs (+1"/side)
Maxis Razr 2 front Tires
HMF Full competition exhaust
Power Commander PC5 (with map)
Streamline billetanium hydraulic clutch
Blingstar Nerf bars with integrated footpegs
Blingstart Parking Brake Block-off
Tusk billet gas cap
Houser +1.25" steering stem
Houser 1-1/8" rubber bar mounts
Pro-taper Contour Raptor bend bars
Blue Pro-taper crossbar pad
ODI grips
Precision Steering Stablizer Bill Balance Edition
Dr. D reverse relocation kit
Ignition key relocation to fender
New seat cover
New rear underfender tailight cover
No-toil aluminum air box
Pro-design intake and K&N air filter
Streamline extended SS front brake lines
Streamline extended throttle cable
Streamline brake cable holders
Engine Ice coolant
Regina Z-ring Chain and Sprockets
New Rear Wheels and Razr rear tires

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
Extremely sharp looking setup! I have the old hmf for my 350, did you trade ur old pipe for that or did you just buy the new one as a stock replacement?