Mini-Winter Build

Started by Krandall, February 16, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

You mean you're gonna let Ethan rebuild the motor without the manual?

Colorado700R

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 06, 2010, 06:30:07 PM

Still better option than wandi touching it...that bike deserves an honorable death

Peelz

Quote from: tonto13 on July 06, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
I am on it Kranny! Just really sorry about all the shit that has happened with the bike. I know what it is like to not have your quad. Just want to make sure all is good when you get it back. Plus do not want you to have to turn a WRENCH on it!!  :thumbs:

we don't want that either roy.   :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 06, 2010, 06:30:56 PM

Still better option than wandi touching it...that bike deserves an honorable death

So should I touch it then?

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 06, 2010, 06:30:56 PM

Are you f*ckin kiddin me? :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

anthony81

That sounds like the build i had going on about 3 months ago. I kept blowing the head gasket everytime i got on it. Finally called Team Rocket Factory and got head studs for it. It was very frustrating :mad:
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Troy

I figured out the headgasket problem well over two years ago guys, wear water resistant work out pants and carry extra antifreeze with you when you ride, piece of cake  :rofl:

Krandall

:rofl:

Its so simple.

Do you have any pics of this said mod?

:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

tonto13

MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Spartan

Good job Roy  :thumbs: Now make sure you yamabond all the covers closed...

Kamakazi

:rofl: put in security bolts for everything, that way wandi cant ever mess with it  :ball:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

tonto13

I think I am just gonna duct tape the whole quad like I did the motor before. I don't think kranny has the energy to undo that much tape!   :rofl:
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Colorado700R

Krandall

Is it okay if I say thanks?

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Krandall

So.....

Yet again. Been FOREVER since an update w/ the quad.

over the course of the summer, the raptor has eaten headgaskets like skittles.

5 Head Gaskets. (I expect a letter from Cometic inviting me to their company picnic)
2 Valves + 1 valves. From the +1 valves I got. when I sent the head out to RE in... May I think ???) they found the intake valves had been bent.

The last thing having issues. (thanks to phucker for helping troubleshoot this). Roy got everything put back together. Tried starting, just cranked and cranked and cranked.

Roy went over TPS, Coil, ignition, everything. Everything checked out. Ended up being. Stator was going out.

Got a new stator put in. Got word that it finally fired!!!! Head gasket holding. Quad is now @ gunny's place waiting to meet me @ Little Sahara! :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: