how fast..........

Started by UncleBeaner, February 03, 2010, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

well the honesty paid off for me in package car a few times.  blasting down the road one time  :lol: and got pulled over.  cop asked if I had a good reason for it, I thought about it for a few seconds and told him no.  not even a written warning (cops do that here).
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

UncleBeaner

Quote from: disco on February 04, 2010, 08:19:51 PM
well the honesty paid off for me in package car a few times.  blasting down the road one time  :lol: and got pulled over.  cop asked if I had a good reason for it, I thought about it for a few seconds and told him no.  not even a written warning (cops do that here).

not here haha i would have been nailed to the cross
:beans:

txredxj

101 in a 65 driving my aunts monty carlo hit 125 but i slowed for the cop. two months before i got my permit
165 in a 350z
174 in a evo 9 mr
136 in a freightliner with 600+ hp and front drive axle was tagged bobtailing it (it was on a test drive after a tune up)

55 in my dads boat
102 at waynoka in a buggy(F DOING THAT AGAIN)

Blair

i was driving to the mountains about a month ago, to go skiing, i got pulled over and when the cop came up to me he asked if i was in a hurry, i told him not really... he said oh i caught you doing 125 (75mph ish) i looked at him and said really... cause i had my cruise set at 118... he ran my info and told us to have a good weekend and to drink a beer for him when we got to the hotel.

land 220k (about 140mph) on a friends Yamaha Apex snowmobile... that was scary...
240 (150 mph) on a friends R1... dont grab gears on an R1 the same way you would on a rappy... haha
265 (about 165mph) as a passenger in a friends Z06

water... im not sure how fast in the boat but i regularly hit 50 -60 mph on the ski... 60 - 10 - 60... 6 times in about 30seconds... that is a rush and scary when you really think that you are relying on 6 inches of width and 2.5 inches of depth to make that... at 60 mph... water is like concrete or a plate glass window when you hit it.
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Bert

Gunz you ever think about flying or getting your pilots license? 
I was reading something recently about smaller aircraft that maybe don't require as much licensing or fly time and your good to go....... Oh wait maybe that's a bad idea having you go all Tim Allen on aircraft  :rofl:

Krandall

I think flying would get boring. there's not much to do once your in the air.  at least quad you get hills trees... etc

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 09, 2010, 09:38:03 AM
I think flying would get boring. there's not much to do once your in the air.  at least quad you get hills trees... etc

it's relaxing. takes all your concentration to handle all three axis'. Same as when riding a quad at full bore through the woods. All you are doing is riding your quad, nothing else.
THis is the allure of most sports.  :thumbs: So far, quads has done the best at that for me.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I still would like to get my pilots license. But... Just doesn't seem like the same thrill factor.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

BRAD

on land.  140ish in a Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2.
              130ish in a DOdge Charger R/T

I dont go out on water to much
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 10, 2010, 09:02:21 AM
makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I still would like to get my pilots license. But... Just doesn't seem like the same thrill factor.

it isn't really thrilling after the first takeoff and landing. Just relaxing.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

hpdrifter777

98 mph in a 14 ton LAV on the I-5 from Pendleton to San Diego

160 something in a Dodge Magnum RT8 chasing some punk ass rice burners on I-10 between Sealy and Houston, TX

78 in a 21' Baja on the water.

I don't check the speed on my quad. When it feels like it's skating accross the top of the dirt it's time to slow down a tad.
Look what I can do.

Colorado700R

I was in a LAV-AD in yuma doing ~50mph with the pod tracking and traversing.......:puke:

:lol:

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

hpdrifter777

Quote from: Colorado700R on February 10, 2010, 07:54:44 PM
I was in a LAV-AD in yuma doing ~50mph with the pod tracking and traversing.......:puke:

:lol:

Yeah this was a Mechanics LOG so he juiced up the engine pretty good in it. I was a scout typically I slept while the vehicles were doing movement to contact  :nod:
Look what I can do.