If you could have any truck????

Started by Gunz, January 10, 2010, 05:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

If you could have any truck on the market, which truck would you choose and why? I work around all makes and models and drive just about everything available. So far as looks go the new Ford's are sweet on the inside The new dodges are a close second. Everytime I get into a Dodge with a diesel, I pee a little bit. I really want either a 2006 Dodge MegaCab 3500 4x4 shortbed dually. I've also been wanting a new Ford F350 crewcab 4x4. Loaded and with diesel of course, either one. Forget what I want, what would you want? Aaaaand pa-lease don't tell us you looking at new camry, cause frankly cars are for women. :rolleyes:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

jstev

The Dodge would NEVER be a choice for me.   The Ford is nice, but I would have a hard time choosing between a new Chevy or Ford.  I have had ALOT of trouble with Ford auto trans.  I love Chevy and I think the Alisson trans is going to be the best in the bunch.  Especialy if you are going to mod this truck.  But who on this site mods things???????

tonto13

Would not buy any new truck on the market right now. Just give me the same amount of cash as what one of those cost and see what I build!! It would be diesel, yes a Cummins, twin turboed, lifted and crew cab!!
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Kamakazi

my friends and i had this discussion a few days ago and i came to the conclusion if i won the lottery id buy a duramax crewcab 2500 and deliver it Mr. Chip Foose.  The Duramax IMHO is hands down the most fun diesel to drive and can put up with a whole lot of bagging, trust me I know  ;) 12 seconds down the 1/4 strip in 4wd and the A/C on, and then drive it home.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Mad Dog

I'd just buy a nice midsize, when someone actually makes one.  I have no use for a 10-20k lb towing capacity.

Kamakazi

Quote from: Mad Dog on January 10, 2010, 07:29:36 PM
I'd just buy a nice midsize, when someone actually makes one.  I have no use for a 10-20k lb towing capacity.

the problem with this is that with the HP these trucks are putting out they are all gas guzzlers and if you are gonna get a gas guzzler why not get a diesel instead and get some decent fuel mileage as well.  On top of this if you are buying used these diesels are not much more money than the gas pots and they last twice as long.  A gas pot seems to only be good up until 200-250k miles.  there are of course exceptions but once a head gasket goes it seems that the life of the engine is near its end.  And the only midsize I can think of is the ford ranger which is discontinued and being replaced by a 3/8 ton chassis.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Mad Dog

Quote from: kamakazi on January 10, 2010, 07:46:29 PM
Quote from: Mad Dog on January 10, 2010, 07:29:36 PM

the problem with this is that with the HP these trucks are putting out they are all gas guzzlers and if you are gonna get a gas guzzler why not get a diesel instead and get some decent fuel mileage as well.  On top of this if you are buying used these diesels are not much more money than the gas pots and they last twice as long.  A gas pot seems to only be good up until 200-250k miles.  there are of course exceptions but once a head gasket goes it seems that the life of the engine is near its end.  And the only midsize I can think of is the ford ranger which is discontinued and being replaced by a 3/8 ton chassis.

I'm not really sure what the hp/diesel debate has to do with my post, granted the smaller trucks don't have great gas mileage, but the big v6 models still typically have as good or better as the most fuel efficient versions and engines in the half ton or higher classes, and some are right up there with diesels (which are still all below 20mpg average EPA combined ratings).  My point is I have no use for a pickup that big, and I dont' really care to have a huge lumbering 19 foot land yacht unless it has a distinct, specific and exclusive purpose for which no other vehicle will suffice.

Midsize trucks I can think of off the top of my head:

Ford Ranger
Dodge Dakota
Mitsubishi Raider (they might have stopped these this year)
Chevrolet Colorado
GMC Canyon
Isuzu i-Series (might have canned them in 08/09 too)
Nissan Frontier
Suzuki Equator
Toyota Tacoma

And probably one or two I forgot.  Plus there's the chinese pickup coming later this year too.  These are all what I'd call midsize or compact trucks, some like the dakota are more midsize while the ranger is more of a compact.

phucker

i would take a 27 ford pick up....... my absolute dream truck.

if not i would love a cherry 97 f350 powerstroke

Kamakazi

fair enough mad dog  8) it wasnt a gasse/diesel debate i was after.  I seriously have absolutely use for a big duramax, but if money were no object i would buy one in a heartbeat (lol im punny) over a ranger or dakota anyday (and yes ive owned both).  But to each thier own, and sorry for getting off topic here.  ;)

Peelz

Ford svt raptor cuz they are sweet. Plus how cool would it be to haul your raptor with your raptor?

:nod:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

UncleBeaner

49 chevy on s-10 frame channeled 6.0 4l60e on air ride. 18's up front 20's out back steelies. soild but rusty and shitty
:beans:

Headrope

Every vehicle I ever owned was a Dodge  - until I got my Ford F350.
I'm not a convert yet, but there's no denying the amount of interior room in a Ford. And the Sync system is awesome.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

disco

I wouldn't mind a Unimog.  I don't know what specific model but I'm not too picky either.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

tonto13

Here you go Phucker! I have your 97 F-350! :clap:
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Krandall

something close to this (46 chevy)

only on chrome 18 or 20s.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once