break in

Started by armyman_333, January 07, 2010, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armyman_333

whats the normal break in period and what do i have to do/not do to get my rappie good to go?
08 700 se,
09 SE OEM plastics(marroon and black)

Colorado700R

the harder the better in my experience

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on January 07, 2010, 11:08:24 AM
the harder the better in my experience

not talkin bout dudes Colorado :lol:

ride it mellow for 1-2 heat cycles, then it's on! Ride it like a $5 hooker :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

armyman_333

so there aint nothing bout like 20 hrs of riding like a gay priest? can i just rape the shit out of it after like a couple of hours/:?
08 700 se,

Peelz

Quote from: armyman_333 on January 07, 2010, 12:06:31 PM
so there aint nothing bout like 20 hrs of riding like a gay priest? can i just rape the shit out of it after like a couple of hours/:?

gay priest? where? don't tell colorado.  (flashbacks) :lol: Nowadays, they are saying run them hard outta the gat. read that link he posted.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

ride it like you stole

Mad Dog

Avoid prolonged use at a steady throttle position, especially WOT.  You can get there, just don't stay there for long.  Varying the throttle (and thus the pressures in the cylinder) is beneficial to seating the rings.

armyman_333

did all you guys break your rap's in the same?
08 700 se,

preddy08

I think this guy fits right in here at RaptorSource   :rofl:

My last build I had it running for enough time to load it in the truck, then unload it, and strap it to the dyno. The to the redline it went :preddy:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

armyman_333

ok  right on, in that article it says to swap out the synthetic oil for the first few days of hard riding and put car oil or valvoline in it, would you recomend that i do the same?
08 700 se,

Mad Dog

Quote from: armyman_333 on January 07, 2010, 05:08:18 PM
ok  right on, in that article it says to swap out the synthetic oil for the first few days of hard riding and put car oil or valvoline in it, would you recomend that i do the same?

Nope, because your quad comes with dino oil.  Run what's in it for a few hours (maybe up to 5, 10 at the very most) do a change and keep using atv dino oil, stay away from the car oil.  If you want to switch to synthetic the 2rd oil change would be a fine time to do it, which will be about 20 hours in.

1badazz_700r

I have done 2 different builds on mine and ran them hard right from the start
Im a firm believer in brake them in the way youplan to ride it :thumbs:I was also told be a few top builders on here, break it in on regular type oil/not synthetic.cause synthetic is to slippery and makes itharder fortherings to seat ifthey even do.

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

armyman_333

i know this is a stupid question but what is dino oil? and is it really different from the regular 10w30 that i heard your supposed to break ur quad in with ? whats the real low down here, cuz im getting lots of different answers and i just want to do this the right way ! thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it
08 700 se,

Colorado700R

dino...Dinasaur...fossil fuel...regular plain jane oil. Yamalube is Dino oil