Looking for a more cushy seat!

Started by Socal 700r, December 01, 2009, 05:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Socal 700r

Any reccomendations? I ride in the dunes and would like some added comfort to my backside...if you will. I would love a nice FATBOY seat but can't find anything i'm looking for. Anyone have a website or a contact?

Many thanks in advance.

:help:
Glamis Beach!

Colorado700R

Try Joker's Vault.  Kev does custom seats....betcha he can make you a comfy roller couch :nod:

Socal 700r

Damn C7 you got the 411 on everything!

Thank you sir, i'll look it up and give you a fist bump when I find out.
Glamis Beach!

Krandall

He's the RS ho. If he can't find it. It doesn't exist. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

Yeah see what happens when the subject of sandals come up... ???

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 02, 2009, 03:23:47 PM
Yeah see what happens when the subject of sandals come up... ???

shuddup and get back to licking my toes bish!!!

Shawnz

Quadtech has a desert seat that does much of the same:

After a desert racing season with the stock seat our desert racers wanted something a little taller. With a 1½" increase in height over a stock foam, the transition from sitting to standing is much easier. The extra foam also makes long rides enjoyable.

Quad Tech-ATV delivered a seat that desert racers/riders and dune riders love. The Raptor desert seat kit is also superior in appearance to any of our competitor's blocky and bulky foams.

Color Options:

Black-Black-Black
Black-Silver-Black
Black-Silver-Blue
Black-Silver-Candy Red
Black-Yellow-Black
Blue-Silver-Black

Color Shown:

Black-Silver-Blue

I'm 99.9% sure TQS sells these.
2007 Raptor GYTR

r00st

Want to save a bunch of cash and have a sweet seat?

What you need: A seat cover from these guys http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-700-Seat-Cover-12-Colors-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5980ff0aQQitemZ130350645002QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Then find foam of your choice to add to the seat. I added one inch thick dense memory foam to the entire seat with a cheap can of spray adhesive. Put the seat cover on and VOILA! Custom padded seat that is UBER soft seat (nicer than my custom DS seat and those things have some cushy seats!) that looks killer. All for under 40 bucks and a few hours of my time :)

Finished product:

AND...if you really want to get creative (I did, but did not want to spend the coin on it) you can take that 30 dollar seat cover from ebay to your local upholstery/graphics/t-shirt design shop and have them do custom stitching on it. The local places were stupid and wanted like 50 bucks to do an Iron Cross and a bit of text so I skipped this but I only had one place in town to check.

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Bert

Krandall

What did you use to tack the cover to the seat frame?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once