Modern Warfare 2

Started by 11Raptor, November 09, 2009, 10:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefe

I been spending to much time obsessing over ho epicly pissed I am at the huge FAIL that is "IWNET"
reading... reading more..
hoping for a glimmer of hope

nothing yet

such a shame

funyun

Calm down....
  buy an xbox

everything will be alright  :thumbs:

russ-russ

Yea, what funyun said.  Even though I actually prefer to play shooters on the PC (like mouse/keyboard over game controller), the interface and community on xbox live is just so much better than what is there on the PC.  Never a shortage of annoying 13 year olds to pwn.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

Like I said, prefer playing on the PC, just prefer actually having people to play with and a stable platform and no freakin server nazis like xbox live offers.

Krandall

I hear ya. :)

I still rock the x-box. been a while actually.. may need to bust it out again.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

Have I mentioned that there are way over 3,000,000 people playing MW2 on xbox live?

funyun

havent had time to play this week so im still only i think 67 or 68. havent got to prestige yet.

Krandall

also haven't been able to play tonight :( Going to play tonight though! :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Hefe

Quote from: russ on December 22, 2009, 10:37:46 PM
Yea, what funyun said.  Even though I actually prefer to play shooters on the PC (like mouse/keyboard over game controller), the interface and community on xbox live is just so much better than what is there on the PC.  Never a shortage of annoying 13 year olds to pwn.

meh
I watch my 13YO nephew play the X-box, he seems to enjoy it, but I have no interest in that
THAT is actually one of the things I hate most about the PC version

I like the game, I just hate that they x-box'd it

Watched Chase play 2 nights ago, he layed down, spawnkilled a shit ton of peeps, got the nuke and won the game
even if I was the guy doing all the killing, I just don't enjoy it
plus he was singing in the mic the whole time (he is a very funny kid, but I would want to kill him if I didn't know him)

then there is all the magic "witches" running around knife killing
how fookin lame

in a "server based game" they could be removed

plus, I would rather be the worst player in the game on a server full of friends, than the best on a server full of strangers
never been into "pubbing" that much really

been looking at the stats, and MW2 is down below Warcraft & COD4 and even Counterstrike in many timeframes (of course this is for PC)
as far as how many peeps are playing
I am sure it will get a decent surge right after X-mas, but as for the PC version... unless something is done, it will never get big (like all the other COD titles)

I have never in my life been so "Bummed out" by a game

Played about an hour or 2 of GTA4 last night on the PS3, still not sure how I feel about that game
moves pretty slow

It boils down to this:

if you don't mind being forced to play against strangers
if you don't mind being forced to play the map they choose
if you don't mind lag
if you don't mind 13 year old kids shouting swear words, and singing in your ears
if you don't mind waiting excessively long for a game to begin
if you don't mind people playing "un-ethically" (spawn kills till the nuke)
if you don't mind Cheaters/hackers in your games, and having no choice about what happens to them
then this is the game for you
people play this game like they would on an x-box (like there are no consequences, because there is none)

if you like to have a little ethics in your game, then things gotta change

Russ, if you like the x-box version, then this would be more up your alley
it is just x-box with a mouse and KB
then Kranny wouldn't be so alone
and it IS possible to play without lag, just not every game

Krandall

I understand where you're coming from. And I'm not saying I DONT disagree with you, because everything you said is 100% true, And I miss servers, what was nice in COD:4 was I was always in 1 of 2 servers, knew most of the clan members by first name. I miss that. no more micro-communities..

if you don't mind being forced to play against strangers
I grew up pubbing. me and 1 or 2 friends and join a pub pwnin noobies :) always been about being #1 in the server. I was never the big sports nut, gaming is what I'm good at. Playing the same people over and over you don't get better, you gotta venture out into the pubs and get your ass handed to you every now and then :lol:

if you don't mind being forced to play the map they choose
This is my biggest frustration. I hate not being able to pick what map I want to play. I don't like all the maps.

if you don't mind lag
I don't see much lag. I guess I get lucky. I think maybe 2-3 games I can remember. Just leave and re-join a game.

if you don't mind 13 year old kids shouting swear words, and singing in your ears
This one I've been VERY lucky on. I hate that games have built in audio.. honestly. If you want to talk. thats why there's apps like Teamspeak and Ventrillo.

if you don't mind waiting excessively long for a game to begin
? like the time between matches? There's a couple different game types that are "express" so the time inbetween games is only like 10 seconds. they make it long though so people can customize kits after getting new perks ect.

if you don't mind people playing "un-ethically" (spawn kills till the nuke)
I haven't seen a nuke yet in a server. AC 130 plenty of times 8)

if you don't mind Cheaters/hackers in your games, and having no choice about what happens to them.
this also sucks.

all in all, for PC I'm not saying it's the BEST game to come out. Maybe the best single player game I've played (although to short). But still.

I'm not on either side, I just like to play.

if anyone wants to play COD:4 I'm game for that!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Hefe

Quote from: Krandall on December 23, 2009, 09:24:32 AM

all in all, for PC I'm not saying it's the BEST game to come out. Maybe the best single player game I've played (although to short). But still.

yep, I agree...
but it could have been the best game EVER!!

I have no interest in being the best I can be. I don't care if I am better than you or even better than a stranger
I play to have fun (not to win all the time)
I enjoy a win, but I still have fun getting pwnd

as for lag..
here is my theory
you have a great connection and a nice PC
I bet you host a bunch of games

I had my NAT set to strict when I was playing, so I was never the host
(could have been my prob)

you haven't seen a nuke?
I watched Chase do it twice in one night
never in a PC game yet, but I stopped playing a couple weeks ago

as for the cod4 server, we need to get that going again after the 1st of the year
I have some cool maps and game modes we play on my other server
good stuff

and I know I sound old and crotchety about this game
but it comes from such MASS disappointment, I feel so bummed.
don't let my grumpyness about the way they designed it get to ya
I just feel like venting my anger to people I know

and I am glad you guys are enjoying it
I am just jealous that I can't play for 5 minutes without feeling like I want to
just stop playing the game
I never felt like that on COD4

if you like the Console way of COD, then the PC way is good for you too

funyun

OH MY GERD way too much reading involved

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Hefe