How long will 110 octane last??

Started by redraptor23, October 30, 2009, 12:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redraptor23

I have a 55 gallon drum of 110 octane and was wondering how long it will last. I keep it sealed at all times and its in a big wooden shed. We do get to cold temps in the winter probly averaging around 30 but it can get to single digits sometimes. Let me know how long it will be ok to run in my raptor and if there is any tricks to keeping it good. Thanks
D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"

preddy08

Quote from: redraptor23 on October 30, 2009, 12:43:33 AM
I have a 55 gallon drum of 110 octane and was wondering how long it will last. I keep it sealed at all times and its in a big wooden shed. We do get to cold temps in the winter probly averaging around 30 but it can get to single digits sometimes. Let me know how long it will be ok to run in my raptor and if there is any tricks to keeping it good. Thanks

As long as its out of the sun and air tight, you'll be alright. Only thing that worrys me is the tempature changes, not sure if that does anything to it or not.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

RaptorRandy

You should be good for at least 6 months........you might get a year out of it. Put the drum on a couple of chunks of 4''X 4'' so it's not sitting on a cement floor or the ground. I used to store 13 barrels of methanol for the race season,and usually had a drum left over that would last thru the winter and run fine the following season in my sprint car......gas stores much better than Methanol from what I have seen.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

redraptor23

D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"