Stock Bike - How many paddles for silver lake???

Started by bustedplastic, October 22, 2009, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustedplastic

So my quad is back to stock what size and how many paddles are good for the dunes?  8 paddle?  22"?

Spider/Paleface513

HEARD YOU CAN RIDE SILVERLAKE WITH STOCK TIRES JUST WON'T GET AROUND LIKE THE GUYS WITH PADDLES BUT SOUNDS RIGHT MAYBE A 20/11/9 SKAT TRAK OR GEKCO IDK ITS STOCK DUNES GONNA ROB YOU OF TORQE SO I'D DROP A TOOTHE UP FRONT FOR 22'S
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Krandall

peelz quad got around good w/ worn down sand stars. I believe he is stock down to the sprocket even. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on October 22, 2009, 02:50:02 PM
peelz quad got around good w/ worn down sand stars. I believe he is stock down to the sprocket even. :thumbs:

THey were gunz' completely worn out 8 paddle skat trak edges.  Worked fine. 7 paddle molded tire worked better for me though.

Do not go with stockers, you will hate it. Get around fine but it is like riding on ice, no steering. No wheelies.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Spider/Paleface513

105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 22, 2009, 02:54:39 PM
7 paddle 22" haulers FTW

wtf are you doing posting? get the f*k out to OK and ride! :lol:

On a stock bike, molded tires work fine. Sandstars are my first choice. Always had GBC sandsharks before. thOSE WORE OUT, i SWITCHED TO ams SIDEWINDERS. They worked perfectly.

deal with the caps lock bitches. not changing it. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spider/Paleface513

Caps on iPhone not locked but stick on house pc keyboard a POS. Guess what it's at ten percent now gotta charge it up more. Wish I could fix better plus I can't type worth shit so if it worked I probally wouldn't hit shift I chicken peck. I type faster on phone than with full sized key board.

HotRods +5 coming!

bustedplastic

Spider/Paleface513

That's what I understood. I've never riding dunes. My cousin lives in flint says he uses his stock tires up there on his yfz 450. But others say you can't steer it's like ice wish everyone had a str8 answer cause I want sand tires after my asphault slicks. So I can sand drag also.

HotRods +5 coming!

Krandall

only 8 paddle sand stars.. Aaron's talking about Skat Trak Haulers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Langford

I ran 20" sandstars (which only come in 8 paddle) on my stock 700 and it worked out great.  While drag racing, 2nd gear launches were perfect with the 20" tires...it wouldn't bog at all, and would leave the line like a rocket.  Now with the big 3 done, I think I need a little more paddle...doing a lot of spinning now.  Probably going with a 22" 8 paddle hauler for next year. 
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Spider/Paleface513

Quote from: Langford on October 22, 2009, 08:46:22 PM
I ran 20" sandstars (which only come in 8 paddle) on my stock 700 and it worked out great.  While drag racing, 2nd gear launches were perfect with the 20" tires...it wouldn't bog at all, and would leave the line like a rocket.  Now with the big 3 done, I think I need a little more paddle...doing a lot of spinning now.  Probably going with a 22" 8 paddle hauler for next year. 
good answer that's what I figured 20 stock cause I hear sand really puts load on engine and clutch.

HotRods +5 coming!

bustedplastic

so are fronts truly necessary?  Do you notice a significant gain in turning with them?

Krandall

I ran for 2 years just my stockers. they do fine. This year was the first I ran fronts. and it was honestly a night and day difference in turning. Necessary? No. Helpful. Yes.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: