replacement shift lever

Started by bustedplastic, October 12, 2009, 12:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustedplastic

apparently i must jump up and down on my shift lever, as the splines stripped out the other day.  Is there a nice heavier duty replacement that i can buy that has a tighter fit or stronger splines?  Or should i just order an oem?  I saw a tusk one on rmatv but it's 20.00 and the reviews say it strips out easier than the stock one...

Krandall

I haven't heard anything about the Tusk one specifically,. but I have heard plenty about their other sub-par products.  :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Their's always something to be said about stock stuff. It works well for a reason.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

bustedplastic

fair enough, stock lever it is!

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on October 12, 2009, 01:17:09 PM
Their's always something to be said about stock stuff. It works well for a reason.

I can attest to that. went riding with a guy who put on a aftermarket shifter for bling factor. 3rd ride out, he was shifting with vice grips :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

bustedplastic

lol that's fucking funny!  that could not have been fun at all.  Mine wasnt that bad, but i would have to lift up about 4 inches to shift up, then push it back down that far to downshift.  My friends give me shit for shifting so much, but i know what i like when i'm whipping through the corners, so I'm going to keep doing it!

Yeah, I saw the proarmor one for 80.00 and was thinking, damn, that thing better be made out of diamonds for that much.  I'll definitely stick with stock  :nod:

Blair

one thing i noticed is that if the bolt losens it makes it strip easier, and you also have to move the lever farther, i always make sure that bolt is tightend right down
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

_KP_

The problem is most of the after market ones are aluminum.  They SUCK. 

bustedplastic

yeah, i just got my stock replacement, still a little wiggle in it even with the bolt torqued down.  I guess sand and water and the fact that i jammed it down has probably worn on the actual shift rod.  Oh well, more shit to replace  :P

Spider/Paleface513

HERES A PIC OF MINE A RF GUY MADE IT FOR ME FROM 2 STOCKERS ITS LETS ME SHIFT FASTER AND WITHOUT TRYING TO PUT MY BIG ASS FOOT UNDER SHIFTER
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Spider/Paleface513

TAKES SOME ADJUSTING BUT YOU'LL LOVE IT ONCE YOU GET IT RIGHT
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Ezkymco

Quote from: bustedplastic on October 22, 2009, 12:48:06 PM
yeah, i just got my stock replacement, still a little wiggle in it even with the bolt torqued down.  I guess sand and water and the fact that i jammed it down has probably worn on the actual shift rod.  Oh well, more shit to replace  :P

If you don't want to replace it, try some Loctite 660 quick metal on the shaft, it's awesome  :thumbs:

Spider/Paleface513

I seen a push button shifter that shifted up and down but was pricey. I'll see if I can find link to it said faster better shifts even at full throttle.

HotRods +5 coming!

bustedplastic

Quote from: Spider/Paleface513 on October 22, 2009, 02:00:13 PM
HERES A PIC OF MINE A RF GUY MADE IT FOR ME FROM 2 STOCKERS ITS LETS ME SHIFT FASTER AND WITHOUT TRYING TO PUT MY BIG ASS FOOT UNDER SHIFTER
\

that would be fucking awesome for winter riding, I have to raise the lever up a ton for my winter boots!

Spider/Paleface513

I'm sure I could get you one made up it Fl woods raptor off raptor forum. He offered to build a guy one and ship to tahiati or ever how it's spelled. Just send him two stock shifters and he'll do it does great work. He owns a shop building custom hotrods so he very good eye for detail.

HotRods +5 coming!