What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

XC_Raptor700R

If you are referring to me, it was just a practice run, but didn't work out to be a good practice day. It did however provide some valuable seat time.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Dales396LT4

I have ran Bo's ported +1 head for a year now and it works great. As for Bo's porting it's as good as it get. He does not just do a clean up on the port, it's a great flowing port job.. The +3 TB is also a great mod. it added 3.25 hp to mine. Well my ribbs are still sore, but it's almost back up now.

Sand84

+1 Bo's headwork is awesome.

O yeah i got a New 2009 Rappy 700 today 8)
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Alkire193

Quote from: Sand84 on March 12, 2010, 06:34:29 PM
+1 Bo's headwork is awesome.

O yeah i got a New 2009 Rappy 700 today 8)

O yea SAND!!! WTG!

Krandall

Quote from: Dales396LT4 on March 12, 2010, 02:32:17 PM
I have ran Bo's ported +1 head for a year now and it works great. As for Bo's porting it's as good as it get. He does not just do a clean up on the port, it's a great flowing port job.. The +3 TB is also a great mod. it added 3.25 hp to mine. Well my ribbs are still sore, but it's almost back up now.

mine is there right now getting + 1 head and replacing my hot cam stage 2 with a x-2 cam. I'm pretty pumped to get it back and see what she feels like.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

finished up the spark plug wire replacement. Then took it for a spin. VERY happy with the outcome of the "little three" mods. 3rd gear wheelies without tug on the bars now.

Then I had to wash it because the nearrest gravel road I usually take to get out of town was no longer gravel. Solid mud. :(
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 15, 2010, 08:43:29 AM
finished up the spark plug wire replacement. Then took it for a spin. VERY happy with the outcome of the "little three" mods. 3rd gear wheelies without tug on the bars now.

Then I had to wash it because the nearrest gravel road I usually take to get out of town was no longer gravel. Solid mud. :(

Hey can I see some pics of the spark plug mod? Im interested but ive heard complaints

Kamakazi

ok well i had a busy weekend :)  i did the sparkplug mod, I put my parking break on in a different location, i installed my +3 TB (and it was a royal PITA mostly because of me lol), i set my TPS and recalibrated my PC5 and installed a new map (thanks Aaron for the map), and i adjusted my reverse (thanks Alkrie for the insight of why it was shifting from 1st to reverse without turning the reverse knob) and it will be seeing a dyno hopefully this wednesday.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Quote from: Alkire193 on March 15, 2010, 09:33:51 AM

Hey can I see some pics of the spark plug mod? Im interested but ive heard complaints

will do. what kind of complaints? it was easy as pie, other than different spark plug clip type.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 15, 2010, 10:23:43 AM

will do. what kind of complaints? it was easy as pie, other than different spark plug clip type.

Well there was a write up on MR with it showing how the fuse or resistor or whatever is in the plug cap on the stocker and pulling it off and changing the cable increases spark. Then guys were having starting trouble and no spark so it sounded like another "SPAL fan rewire" so I skipped it. But if yours is working ill take the Peels how to any day! :)

Peelz

Quote from: Alkire193 on March 15, 2010, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 15, 2010, 10:23:43 AM

Well there was a write up on MR with it showing how the fuse or resistor or whatever is in the plug cap on the stocker and pulling it off and changing the cable increases spark. Then guys were having starting trouble and no spark so it sounded like another "SPAL fan rewire" so I skipped it. But if yours is working ill take the Peels how to any day! :)

hmm. No problem here, which is odd, because I usually fall into murphy's law category. :lol:

Krandall

"So Easy...  a meth headed tweaker Peelz can do it"

:clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Kamakazi

Alkrie, im sure the issue is with people not threading the wire in completely, or not having a good wire to begin with, i fought like a  :mad: to get my 8.8 MSD wire in there, and i will carry my old one along for a month or so in case this does burn out or do something stupid.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Alkire193

I guess, but when you show me a picture, say its easy and I follow you step by step and it doesnt work, man that rips my chain. It just wastes time. Like my SPAL fan doesnt even turn on anymore because of that "rewire".

I checked and checked and used a multimeter and got wiring diagrams for the SPAL rewire, followed everything I could and it went from surging to not even turning on. All those issues with my coolant and the overtemp at LS were because of it not turning on, it just overtemped over and over