Cam Warz

Started by Troy, September 14, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

DL700

dont kink the hose this time  ;)
CUERVO RACING

Kamakazi

how the hell did this get to 4 pages in that short of time  ??? dont you guys have jobs?  :lol:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Colorado700R

Colorado700R

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 15, 2009, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: troywcc on September 15, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
I'm thinking I'll be the dyno operator on this one and let you guys do all the work, cam tests are a pain in the ass,  :lol:  Even better, I may just stand there and hand Adam a beer everytime he needs one and call that good enough.  I think we should do a nos vs. turbo shootout, we'll slap them both on my bike, put results up on here, and I'll go ride my new nos injected boosted badboy. 

I got no issue with that plan Troy, as long as I got adult supervision to make sure I don't goon nothing up.

Aaron

Let me clarify, I meant I got no issue doing the work for the cam swaps with adult supervision.  I wouldn't mind one bit learning allot more about degreeing cams and such.

Aaron

1badazz_700r

has anyone tried the new oicu812 cam. that mofo is bad ass :lol:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Jade67

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on September 15, 2009, 03:32:43 PM
has anyone tried the new oicu812 cam. that mofo is bad ass :lol:

Why would we do that when the 10x10 is available... Troy has seen the dyno sheets, he knows DA POWWA is there  :rofl: :lol:
JVR "Rapdeere" 780
Custom Paint and Motor work

www.jokersvault.com Home of the "One Mod" Turbo kit.

russ-russ

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 15, 2009, 09:56:55 AM
Good point Daniel,

I guess I wish we had three bikes to test on.  kind of a small/medium/large type methodology.  maybe russ's if he would be intrested??  but then we could see which cams work best for what size build....

Lots of arrangements will need to happen to schedule all this, but I think it would be worth while for everyone.

Thoughts?

I'd be down with being the low end of the curve.  I don't have clearanced rockers or beehive/highlift springs, just plain old KW springs, so I guess that would limit how big of a cam I can run.  Maybe Jade can loan me the 5x5 out of his pressure washer. :thumbs:

SprinterX

I don't want to come off sounding like idiot and I don't know any of you guys other than perhaps a chance meet at the Florence RR this past May but, with all the joking back and forth I'm questioning if this "Cam Warz" thread is just a hoax or are you guys really putting it together?  ???

I'm looking into a cam upgrade from my current HC2 in the near future so please no teasing here.
Kudos for all the efforts if your going to do it.  :clap:
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

DL700

Quote from: russ on September 15, 2009, 06:54:07 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 15, 2009, 09:56:55 AM
Good point Daniel,

I guess I wish we had three bikes to test on.  kind of a small/medium/large type methodology.  maybe russ's if he would be intrested??  but then we could see which cams work best for what size build....

Lots of arrangements will need to happen to schedule all this, but I think it would be worth while for everyone.

Thoughts?

I'd be down with being the low end of the curve.  I don't have clearanced rockers or beehive/highlift springs, just plain old KW springs, so I guess that would limit how big of a cam I can run.  Maybe Jade can loan me the 5x5 out of his pressure washer. :thumbs:

the KW springs run great with any of the new 500 lift cams
CUERVO RACING

VelociRaptor

....and getting a clearanced rocker is a no brainer.....

Colorado700R

Quote from: SprinterX on September 15, 2009, 09:19:52 PM
I don't want to come off sounding like idiot and I don't know any of you guys other than perhaps a chance meet at the Florence RR this past May but, with all the joking back and forth I'm questioning if this "Cam Warz" thread is just a hoax or are you guys really putting it together?  ???

I'm looking into a cam upgrade from my current HC2 in the near future so please no teasing here.
Kudos for all the efforts if your going to do it.  :clap:

I really want to do this, and atleast part of it will be done, but theres quite a few arrangements to be made.  And most of them cost $$$, DYNO time alone is gonna take some serious coin and scheduling, plus getting the cams from those chooseing to be involved may take time, and $$$. 

Krandall

Lets take a step back, and get a reality check here.

In Reality, what cams could we test. Like Daniel said, if you guys have big heads. it doesn't pay to put small cams in there. you buy a cam to fit a certain build.

So.. If at ALL possible we can get a few bikes there to test a few cams. that would be sweet.

Aaron and Troy. You guys have bigger builds troys being the biggest. It'd be nice to see the say... top 3 "high end" marketed cams put to the test. RJ, Web, 5050, barkers or mr.hp. Any combo of these would be great.

things to consider.

Time to swap each cam:  How long / short can you swap a cam in/out and get it ready for the dyno?

Time to Dyno:  This sounds like it'd be a FULL day of dyno'ing because there's "6" bikes being dyno'd.

Cost: money...

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Well the RJ WILL be dyno'd a results posted when we get them on my build, If Troy feels up to pulling his webb to try on mine, or vice versa is up to him.  I've emailed and PM'd Corey at Advantage tuning to see if he's intrested in helping and what it would cost.  And I think troy has mentioned the idea to another shop or two.

All i can say at this moment is I will do what I can, when I can ($$$ finacial constraints).  And I am not signing anyone (troy, russ, etc) up for anything, if they want to do it, that's awesome, but this is not a small task

Aaron

Krandall

When will your bike see a dyno Aaron?

Maybe we can find someone w/ a 5050 and we can talk phucker in to getting a deal on a barker cam?

How much do Mr Horsepower cams run and do we know anyone that'd donate one for a couple days?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once