Cam Warz

Started by Troy, September 14, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade67

Well If I send you the 10x10 Troy then you better install that mutha last... It will be the LAST CAM YOU EVER RUN :jaw: Like we talked about on the phone... You know that its good when Banshee guys are trying to figure out a way to run it  :lol: Hell I even put a mini version in the power washer just to see and now I am into the 1/8th mile power washer racing... I'm the only one so far if that says anything about how badass the 10x10 is... :batman: :lol:
JVR "Rapdeere" 780
Custom Paint and Motor work

www.jokersvault.com Home of the "One Mod" Turbo kit.

phucker

well i will let tim know about this tomorrow troy, i will be at his shop.

on a side note i will be testing the 505 cam vs the 5050 cam in the next couple of weeks and will post up true numbers, as you all know i am a barker fan but i will run whatever makes me the most power whether it ba something from tim or re or kenz or anyone else. that test will be done on my own poerted head with a +2 valve job and +3 mm tb on a 752.

Pw383426

Quote from: troywcc on September 14, 2009, 08:42:32 PM
Quote from: Pw383426 on September 14, 2009, 08:11:53 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 14, 2009, 08:04:19 PM
effective power IE, if it builds 80 HP @ 7800 RPM, but takes 20 minutes to wind up to there...FAIL :lol:
I double dog dare you to test the Barker vs the RJ or Webb4.... make that triple tinkle dare!  :rofl:

Tony Tim Barker already offered to send me a cam to test against whatever,he aint scared.  This was several months back but I'm sure nothing has changed.  I'm more interested in the Mr. Horsepower vs. Barker vs. Web4 personally, but that's because of the bigger valve head and big throttle body I have now, other cams on my bike probably wouldn't be a good test for anyone. On Aaron's bike you could test away on whatever.  Nothing against any of the other cams but for a high compression build that can move alot of air I feel like these are the top 3 commercially available race cams.  And Aaron, thanks for starting thread under my name sucka :help:  

Stop bringing Logic into this when I'm trying to stir the pot  :confused:

phucker

oh sorry, let me fix it

re, kenz, ummmm kbr , ummm dl, ummmmmm roosterbuilt, hmmmmmmm csr, ummm rrrrrrr me, hmmm rf alll suck major ass

is that better?

phucker

crap, i need to read the previous post a little better lol

Pw383426

This is the most action that RaptorSource has ever seen.....  :clap:

They must be like Kanye West, bad publicity is better than no publicity  :rofl:

I kid I kid take it easy  :lol:

phucker

hahaha us mr guys are a holes

Troy

Now you know why this thread exsists, lol.  It's been hoppin around here.  I need to get my power washer torn down so I can get the little version of the 10x10 installed in that bad boy.  I just saw Kayne West on the Jay Leno show, that's some funny shit. 

phucker

ya i wish i was there to comfort that hot piece of ass

DL700

:nana:

Cam selection is very dependent on compression and setup////

One cam is NOT A WINNER IN ALL APPLICATIONS... though there can be a few cams that work well in a lot of builds

the reason for soo many different cams available...

follow me here.....

the stock head only flows soo much air and will show the hc3 x4 web4 and 5050 all making the same peak hp while the mid and low end can vary with some cams making a LOT fatter powerband...
If you do the same thing with a NICE HEAD (RE or kenz cnc) along with all the correct supporting mods you will see HUGE gains going from a HOTCAMS 3 to a WEB 4, 5050 or Barker rhc cam we are talking 4-5 hp and a few TQ as well....

Now lets say you have a set up running a x2/x4, a small ported head,  single exhaust where top end power is limited due to air flow You can potentially LOSE POWER by going with a HUGE duration cam while peak power may be up a tad bit but mid range will be down affection average hp numbers over the used RPM range...making for a slow revving motor that hits like a 2 stroke..... feeling faster but overall slower....

CUERVO RACING

Jade67

Except for the 10x10  :P Clear winner everytime...haha :nazi:
JVR "Rapdeere" 780
Custom Paint and Motor work

www.jokersvault.com Home of the "One Mod" Turbo kit.

Colorado700R

Good point Daniel,

I guess I wish we had three bikes to test on.  kind of a small/medium/large type methodology.  maybe russ's if he would be intrested??  but then we could see which cams work best for what size build....

Lots of arrangements will need to happen to schedule all this, but I think it would be worth while for everyone.

Thoughts?

Troy

I'm thinking I'll be the dyno operator on this one and let you guys do all the work, cam tests are a pain in the ass,  :lol:  Even better, I may just stand there and hand Adam a beer everytime he needs one and call that good enough.  I think we should do a nos vs. turbo shootout, we'll slap them both on my bike, put results up on here, and I'll go ride my new nos injected boosted badboy. 

Colorado700R

Quote from: troywcc on September 15, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
I'm thinking I'll be the dyno operator on this one and let you guys do all the work, cam tests are a pain in the ass,  :lol:  Even better, I may just stand there and hand Adam a beer everytime he needs one and call that good enough.  I think we should do a nos vs. turbo shootout, we'll slap them both on my bike, put results up on here, and I'll go ride my new nos injected boosted badboy. 

I got no issue with that plan Troy, as long as I got adult supervision to make sure I don't goon nothing up.

Aaron

Colorado700R

and you'll have your motor for the turbo on Friday 8)