Cam Warz

Started by Troy, September 14, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

So to keep convesation going lets Rank some cams from top performer to least performing (based on speculation on my part only)

Web 4
Barker
RJ
X4
X2
HC3
Web 3
HC 2

Thoughts?

Peelz

stock cam performs well  ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Pw383426

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 14, 2009, 06:53:20 PM
So to keep convesation going lets Rank some cams from top performer to least performing (based on speculation on my part only)

Web 4
Barker
RJ
X4
X2
HC3
Web 3
HC 2

Thoughts?

LOL, I think I have a good judgement in this test  :P Are we talking overall power or peak?

Web4
HDD5050
X4
X2
RJ
Barker
HC3
HC2

Colorado700R

effective power IE, if it builds 80 HP @ 7800 RPM, but takes 20 minutes to wind up to there...FAIL :lol:

Krandall

I hope this really goes through. I remember when the whole "head port warz" was attempted a couple years back on RF.  :help:

will this testing be done on aarons bike only? to keep the constants there?

Maybe do it @ normal person sea level?  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Pw383426

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 14, 2009, 08:04:19 PM
effective power IE, if it builds 80 HP @ 7800 RPM, but takes 20 minutes to wind up to there...FAIL :lol:
I double dog dare you to test the Barker vs the RJ or Webb4.... make that triple tinkle dare!  :rofl:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Pw383426 on September 14, 2009, 08:11:53 PM
I double dog dare you to test the Barker vs the RJ or Webb4.... make that triple tinkle dare!  :rofl:

I'd like to test anything we can get our hands on.  And I really have no pre-conceived notions on whats better or not, just like to have as complete of a comparison as possible

Troy

I started this topic?? WTF?  OK, I'll play along.  
Best performing cams from top to bottom for MY BUILD ONLY(individual results may vary):

Web4- Baddest cam I've played with yet, doesn't get beat by any of the other cams from idle to redline, no weak spots anywhere.  Peak power around 7600 rpm and killer over rev.

X4-  At the time it was installed was the cat's ass, fast revving cam, great low end power and decent topend.  This cam actually holds it's own with the Web4(within a horsepower) until6500, then the Web4 walks away.  It peaks out at 6800 rpms and falls off from there.  Good over rev WITH the FCI intake and Dynatek custom curved.  It fell on it's face quick without those two things.

5050-This cam made the exact same power from 4000- 6300 as the x4, then lost 1 horsepower from 6300 to8000, from 8000 to redline it's the same again.  Fast revving cam like the x4 with peak at 6800 rpms and doesn't drop off as much as the x4 on the very top.  

5150- Has the rev characteristics of the Web4 but stays just under the power curve of the x4 and 5050 (within a horsepower) until 7000 rpms, then it walks away from those two on top with way better over rev.  Peak horsepower at 7600 like the Web4.  We had trouble with the sniffer on the dyno with this cam in so it deserves another test.  I put this one in 4th place only because of the entire power curve, it's a good top end cam and should spank the x4 and 5050 in a high revving drag race.  This cam actually makes a half a horsepower more than the x4 at peak but over 3 more at 8500.

Hotcam stage2-  Back in the day felt like the baddest mofo in town, lol.  Great all around cam with good bottom end and midrange.  

Hotcam stage3- More power on top than the stage2 but didn't feel like it had the punch the stage2 had everywhere else.

Stock cam- waiting for more parts to come in to properly test cam characteristics(Joka's Vault turbo)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it suckas (unless I get called out and then I'll probably puss out and change them)

Colorado700R

I split out this topic out of the other thread so we wouldn't trample on Man's thread

Troy

Quote from: Pw383426 on September 14, 2009, 08:11:53 PM

Tony Tim Barker already offered to send me a cam to test against whatever,he aint scared.  This was several months back but I'm sure nothing has changed.  I'm more interested in the Mr. Horsepower vs. Barker vs. Web4 personally, but that's because of the bigger valve head and big throttle body I have now, other cams on my bike probably wouldn't be a good test for anyone. On Aaron's bike you could test away on whatever.  Nothing against any of the other cams but for a high compression build that can move alot of air I feel like these are the top 3 commercially available race cams.  And Aaron, thanks for starting thread under my name sucka :help:  

Colorado700R

I didn't start it under your name damn it....Fine, I fix you big girl

Troy

Damn, I was just playin, don't cry, I was the smartass that put it on the last post, leave it under me cause I pretty much did start it if you look at it that way  :lol:

Troy

Damnit, I was trying to post on that thread and it's gone already :'(

Colorado700R

anyhow.....

We still need atleast 2 more cams for the test we want right ??? Mr. HP ($$$$ :thud: ) and the barker?

Troy

and Jade's 10x10 and Joka's 20-30-25-25