How do I fix this one?

Started by MAN, September 13, 2009, 05:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAN

Any ideas on how to get this out guys? I'm think I'll take a small cutting wheel and make a slot, then maybe I can use a flat screwdriver to get it out. Just not sure if that will work. Whats your thoughts on it?

???
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

Colorado700R

I would be carefull cutting it for the screwdriver deal, Yamaha bolt are notoriously weak, and you might just end up tearing the head off completely.

Did you use a cordless drill or something WTF?

preddy08

maybe a reverse rotation drill bit and or easy out  ???
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

MAN

Quote from: preddy08 on September 13, 2009, 05:45:06 PM
maybe a reverse rotation drill bit and or easy out  ???

I was kind of think that also, I just don't know on this one. 

I barely snugged it up and the top popped right off of it. It hasn't leaked yet but I need to check the valves soon.
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

DL700

have you tried using your thumb and spinning it out.... it should be loose and just rotate out freely.... those thing always brake off, if you find a quality replacement LMK!
CUERVO RACING

Krandall

Quote from: DL700 on September 13, 2009, 05:59:54 PM
have you tried using your thumb and spinning it out.... it should be loose and just rotate out freely.... those thing always brake off, if you find a quality replacement LMK!

Sounds like a good business opertunity for some one! :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would say try finding a flat tip that fits into that hole. it should be able to wedge itself in there.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

MAN

It's to tight for it to come out with my thumb, I think after I ran it for a bit it tighten up from the heat. ???

I found out that you can use the oil drain plug but you need to cut a little off. When I get this out I may just buy one of the magnetic drain plug TQS has and cut it down.
07 Raptor 700r

txredxj

I would try the screwdriver method. Drilling it out for a ex-out might suck using a hammer on it. They are pretty soft and a drill bit might not grab it.

Warren

i did that exact thing when i was checking my valves. mine twisted off when i took it out though. i ended up taking a dremel tool with a good cutting disc and making a slot then taking a good fitting screw driver and getting it out that way. i bought a new plug from the dealer ship i think it was about $6. i put anit-seize on the new plug and ran it in there.

on a side not i have broke the crankcase filler plug too. i have since learned when tightening, use the small end of the allen wrench for your torque. you won't need anymore then that.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

dabigbratj

im going to look and see if i still have some of the Teflon drain plugs someone made back on rf they are in my shop somewhere like 10 of them
they would work good to i think. if i find one ill send you one to try
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Colorado700R

Quote from: dabigbratj on September 14, 2009, 12:38:27 PM
im going to look and see if i still have some of the Teflon drain plugs someone made back on rf they are in my shop somewhere like 10 of them

good, then find my oil filters and stuff too beotch!!!!  :rofl:

MAN

Quote from: dabigbratj on September 14, 2009, 12:38:27 PM

Thanks dabigbratj! Let me know if you find one.
07 Raptor 700r