Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Kenny at KDS still has my head, what would you do if it was you?  (Read 11495 times)

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
Re: Kenny at KDS still has my head, what would you do if it was you?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
DL700, with all due respect, I think you should refrain from any comments about KDS, or any other business for that matter. One, your biased, and I know for a fact you have a personal grudge againt Kenny, because you told me as much. Two, it's never good business to cast stones at another to try and make yourself look better in others eyes.

To the OP,
Kenny has fallen on hard financial times. I can identify with that, I am one paycheck away from loosing everything myself, it's humbeling to say the least. Please give the man a chance, and he will eventually get you taken care of. It's not like your missing any meals because of him. Kenny has helped a ton of people out on these forums, but no one seems to remember that. If he was flush right now, he would be shipping everything out as promised. I know when I did business with him, he did everything he said he would in the time frame he gave me. That hasn't changed about him, he's still the same good guy, but hard times have hit him. I'd be more worried about him being able to pay the bills and feed his family, than getting a free head I won in a contest, if it were I. I have waited 5 months for a head from a well known builder before.......and he hadn't fallen on hard times. I think we all need a little compassion for others who are less fortunate than ourselves. I am sure Kenny will come through for you.

:cheers:

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
DL700, with all due respect, I think you should refrain from any comments about KDS, or any other business for that matter. One, your biased, and I know for a fact you have a personal grudge againt Kenny, because you told me as much. Two, it's never good business to cast stones at another to try and make yourself look better in others eyes.

To the OP,
Kenny has fallen on hard financial times. I can identify with that, I am one paycheck away from loosing everything myself, it's humbeling to say the least. Please give the man a chance, and he will eventually get you taken care of. It's not like your missing any meals because of him. Kenny has helped a ton of people out on these forums, but no one seems to remember that. If he was flush right now, he would be shipping everything out as promised. I know when I did business with him, he did everything he said he would in the time frame he gave me. That hasn't changed about him, he's still the same good guy, but hard times have hit him. I'd be more worried about him being able to pay the bills and feed his family, than getting a free head I won in a contest, if it were I. I have waited 5 months for a head from a well known builder before.......and he hadn't fallen on hard times. I think we all need a little compassion for others who are less fortunate than ourselves. I am sure Kenny will come through for you.

Randy

ive been sitting on the side lines wanting to jump in but have refrained.  all i can say is well said raptor randy  8)
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
I am in complete agreement with the hard times statements Randy :thumbs:

Save for one small detail.  Hard times suck, and small shops with limited resources are always gonna get hit hard.  

But, a few phone calls could have gone along way here, and they're pretty cheap.

I'm truly expecting a solution to this issue shortly, hopefully with Man getting his head, and kenny being able to stand down and recoup a little bit.  When  he gets things squared away and organized I hope he will continue to provide parts, tips and knowledge that will help everyone.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:05:01 PM by Colorado700R »

Offline Pw383426

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »

I have nothing negative to say about Kenny, because he's been nothing but helpful with me and questions, and maybe one day get a head gasket  ;)

But I think DL has just as much as an opinion as anyone else. The whole "turn around" time is the reason DL got out of business with Kenny. DL wants to supply his customers with products, and services, and works hard for his reputation... and dealing with Kenny made that impossible for people that wanted heads, or cams, tb's, etc. Other than slow turn around time, Kenny still knows his shit. But this is a market that can't wait 2 or 3 months for a ported head, especially when said it would be done sooner. Kenny still hasn't shipped back DL's KFX head.... so he went out and bought one.

Just my 2 cents, my Raptor work is slow as hell so I wouldn't mind  :nod: But I can see where everyone is comming from. This isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time people waiting for their paid parts.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

To the OP,

Randy

Jeebus. Not sure I could have worded that any better. Same thing going on here. :help:

I have talked to kenny in shout a few times, seems like a good guy. Hope he can figure out a way to make it better for you and others waiting. :thumbs: :cheers:

Personally, I might be pissed too though.  :dunno:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 07:49:30 PM »

To the OP,

Randy

I couldn't agree more with Randy.  DL has constantly jumped on every thread where someone has something bad to say about Kenny, I know they have a past but it is a pain in the ass for us Admins to have to put up with that behavior.  DL may have have been burned by Kenny but as a business owner its smart to keep your mouth shut.

As for Kenny, be honest if you've hit hard times.  Don't borrow from Peter to pay Paul....and don't lie to people. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
the name of the game is not to wait 2-3 times longer to get the parts.If you dont stock what your selling then you shouldnt be selling.

I dont care what company I've ordered parts through, TQS, KBM, KBR, yada yada yada, everyonce and a while shit happends and it takes a LONG time to get parts. Yet again its the name of the game in this business. Its not that that company is a bad company, its just that shit happens. You just have to understand that it will happen from time to time. I feel no ill feelings about those deals I've had with those companys, because I understand stuff will come up. More than likely said company will be very apologitic and make sure that wont happen again.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

Ya know, I'm not a fan of Kenny's " turn around time" but at the same time I'm not a fan of DL's thieveness off Kennys RJ cam. Everyone and anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that DL has  "USED and ABUSED" Kenny's knowledge for his own personal gain. He's done verything from dogging Kenny to dogging tim Barker on all of the forums for no other reason than his personal gain. I call it like I see it AND yes I have his HDD 5050 cam and I''l soon get rid of it for a WEB 4 too. I wanna give my cash to innovators ....not copy-catters, and that's all that Daniel amounts too........a COPY CAT.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:21:58 PM by Diggs59 »

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »

To the OP,

Randy

I couldn't agree more with Randy.  DL has constantly jumped on every thread where someone has something bad to say about Kenny, I know they have a past but it is a pain in the ass for us Admins to have to put up with that behavior.  DL may have have been burned by Kenny but as a business owner its smart to keep your mouth shut.

As for Kenny, be honest if you've hit hard times.  Don't borrow from Peter to pay Paul....and don't lie to people.  

Ya know, I'm not a fan of Kenny's " turn around time" but at the same time I'm not a fan of DL's thieveness off Kennys RJ cam. Everyone and anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that DL has  "USED and ABUSED" Kenny's knowledge for his own personal gain. He's done verything from dogging Kenny to dogging tim Barker on all of the forums for no other reason than his personal gain. I call it like I see it AND yes I have his HDD 5050 cam and I''l soon get rid of it for a WEB 4 too. I wanna give my cash to innovators ....not copy-catters, and sorry to say to all but Daniel not matter how yuu slice it is a copy cat.......He's living off of other peoples research. What a joke...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:24:45 PM by Diggs59 »

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 08:22:30 PM »
lets hold fire on DL gentlmen.  He has and is helping some of kenny's customers get their builds running right, while kenny is incommunicado

I agree there is no need to anyone to be executing an agenda against someone, but facts are facts, and as a forum we tend to like to share the facts and squash the BS.

To me it's less about the delay, and more about communication and keep your end of the deal up.

So, back to the point of the thread....I'm going to call kenny tomorrow morning again.  I will ask him straight up if he needs anything more for Man's head.  If so, I will take it on myself to make whatever financial contributions are necessary to get man his parts ASAP.  

From there on in, it will be between myself and kenny to square up.

Aaron

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
This is not a Daniel Vs. Kenny thread gents, it's here to get Man his head :thumbs:

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »
lets hold fire on DL gentlmen.  He has and is helping some of kenny's customers get their builds running right, while kenny is incommunicado

I agree there is no need to anyone to be executing an agenda against someone, but facts are facts, and as a forum we tend to like to share the facts and squash the BS.

To me it's less about the delay, and more about communication and keep your end of the deal up.

So, back to the point of the thread....I'm going to call kenny tomorrow morning again.  I will ask him straight up if he needs anything more for Man's head.  If so, I will take it on myself to make whatever financial contributions are necessary to get man his parts ASAP.  

From there on in, it will be between myself and kenny to square up.

Aaron

No fire Colorado, I respect you, Krandall and everyone else here at RS for what you have brung to the table. I have set back and thought about the info that DL700 has stolen from designers like Kenny  and I become sick at myself for buying into his b.s. (literally). He;s accomplished nothing more than copying off of others and at this point gains NO RESPECT from me or anyone else with the least bit of sense.

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
This is not a Daniel Vs. Kenny thread gents, it's here to get Man his head :thumbs:

I realize this Colorado, and I respect the fact that  you have brought this info to light for all others attention. However, Daniel shouldn't pile on in a thread that Kenny is down in due to bizness decisions. It is of my opinion that Daniel stole from Kenny and deserves little if any respect in the Raptor community. The only thing that he truly deserves credit for is tuning IMO, and all of that can probably be traced to knowledge he has received from Kenny.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:47:09 PM by Diggs59 »

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »
Now I'll defend Kenny and Daniel, both are good guys to ME.  Both have supplied me with some good knowledge and hooked me up with parts, etc.  I stay in communication with both of these guys on a daily basis and their fued is funny to me and they both know I think it is.  I'm not going to take sides because I consider both of them good guys.  FOR THE RECORD:  The guys that think Daniel doesn't know shit and steals ideas doesn't know Daniel at all.  When Daniel first started he made some mistakes and he has learned from them.  Daniel is a very smart guy and he has come along way from where he first started in this industry.  He doesn't claim to be a builder either.  Did he steal Kenny's cam design?  Where did Kenny's cam design come from, did Kenny steal his cam design from another grind?  It happens, IMHO Kenny's , Daniel's, Barker's, and a few other cams out there are all spin offs of the Web4.  And the Web4 I'm pretty sure was an improvement over the x4.  We all know Kenny is a smart guy too.  Both of these guys have a business to run and they are grown ass men, it's not up to us to tell them how to run thier businesses, and they can each do business as they see fit.  I'm not saying anything that has went down has been right on either side, but Daniel damn sure hasn't just been a leech on Kenny's knowledge and everyone else's.  I don't consider myself an idiot by any means and Daniel has helped me multiple times and others out there.  He has a shitload more knowledge that alot of people give him credit for, and alot of it is learned from the school of hard knocks, which is the best schooling someone can get.  Not trying to start a Daniel or Kenny fan club here but bashing Daniel or Kenny at this point doesn't do shit to fix this guys problem.

Offline MAN

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »

But, a few phone calls could have gone along way here, and they're pretty cheap.

As for Kenny, be honest if you've hit hard times.  Don't borrow from Peter to pay Paul....and don't lie to people. 

+1

Guys it's not that I need this head right now, I have Bo's head on my bike and I'm more then happy with it. It's the point that Kenny has been very shady about this deal.. I had no problem with Kenny at all until he lied to me. Even though I have been calling him for quite a few weeks, if he would have just told me I'm sorry Mike I don't have your head done yet we would not be in this situation. I really would have been cool with that but I just don't deal well with a liar... IMO people have the right to know when there is bad business going on.   
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..