Absolute Motor Carnage!!!!!

Started by redraptor23, August 23, 2009, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redraptor23

Well after puttin a shit load of money into my topend, it is toast. I just put a RE +1 head, RE 14.1 Piston, Web 4 Cam. The damage is 3 out of the 4 valves were busted, Rocker arms busted in half, Piston has a hole in it, Crank Bearing siezed. The head is in my opinion probly not salvageable but you tell me your opinion please. It has some pretty bad gauges where the valve seats are. Its not lookin good. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY anyways let me know what you think.
D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"

Diggs59

Crank bearing being seized caused all of that?

Pldbryan

Is that the cause of all of this, siezed crank bearing?  That really sucks!

redraptor23

what i was told was as the crank bearing was siezing that it might have made is jump timing and boom, piston smacks valves ect. The bearing in the crank was purple which shows high heat.

MAN

Sorry to see that! That sucks, you just got done with that build right? 
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

dirtyjeeps2001

Damnit man. I can hear her crying from here!   :'(

redraptor23

Quote from: MAN on August 23, 2009, 03:06:17 PM
Sorry to see that! That sucks, you just got done with that build right? 

ya just got it done 2 weeks ago and 5 rides later she breaks.  :'(

Kamakazi

how the heck does a crank bearing seize  :confused: did you run it out of oil?  did you have a ton of hours on the bottom end?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

redraptor23

Quote from: kamakazi on August 23, 2009, 09:44:21 PM
how the heck does a crank bearing seize  :confused: did you run it out of oil?  did you have a ton of hours on the bottom end?

I had 50 hrs or so on it. No i did not run it out of oil. It happens alot and my topend was alot for that bottom end. ive heard of  5 different ones that have siezed just on the forums

russ-russ

Dude, take some higher quality pics and send them to Racers Edge.  I think they could probably salvage the head.  Of course you might as well do a stroker crank since you have to redo the bottom end anyway now.  :thumbs:

Warren

that's sucks man. but hey if you are planning a stroker build i might be selling my NIB +5 hotrods crank.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

reposting resized pics. First ones were fookin huge! :lol:

Man bro that really sucks.. This was on stock crank?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Quote from: redraptor23 on August 23, 2009, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: kamakazi on August 23, 2009, 09:44:21 PM

I had 50 hrs or so on it. No i did not run it out of oil. It happens alot and my topend was alot for that bottom end. ive heard of  5 different ones that have siezed just on the forums

i just cant figure out how an unsealed bearing emersed in oil could possibly seize unless maybe its just running too hot in which case an oil cooler can be your best friend.  its not like yamaha is using chineese bearings  :confused: (my gosh the spelling nazzi's are gonna come down on me for this post)
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

redraptor23

Quote from: Krandall on August 24, 2009, 08:27:02 AM
reposting resized pics. First ones were fookin huge! :lol:

Man bro that really sucks.. This was on stock crank?

Yup stock crank

redraptor23

Quote from: warren on August 24, 2009, 04:48:17 AM
that's sucks man. but hey if you are planning a stroker build i might be selling my NIB +5 hotrods crank.  :thumbs:

How much ???