Big Bore?

Started by redraptor23, August 20, 2009, 12:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redraptor23

If i have to bore out my cylinder because of my misshap that happened to me latley what is recomended to be as reliable as possible. I dont what to be blowing head gaskets left and right and having to work on it all the time. Let me know what works for reliability? I know if i need a crank im goin with a Barkers +6.
D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Really depends on what you're looking for out of your build.

Are you looking for a trail machine, duner, mx'ing, or drag race?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

redraptor23

Im lookin for a Trail/Duner that could win some races :nod:

preddy08

As long as you have studs, the sky is the limit. I've had by 727 14.25 Venom piston for two years of VERY hard riding, and racing. I'll check my coolant every so often, and its always at the brim on the radiator.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: preddy08 on August 20, 2009, 01:53:03 PM
As long as you have studs, the sky is the limit. I've had by 727 14.25 Venom piston for two years of VERY hard riding, and racing. I'll check my coolant every so often, and its always at the brim on the radiator.

What head gasket are you using?   ???
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

NaturalRaptor

Good to know because I am going back together right now with a 105, cometic gaskets, and KMS studs!  :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Kamakazi

what ever happened to kenny's head gasket  ???
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: kamakazi on August 20, 2009, 09:39:53 PM
what ever happened to kenny's head gasket  ???

Talked to him about a week ago, it is still coming. He might have some by now ???, need to call him again

DL700

from what ive heard the fire ring did lot match the port correctly. the cometic gaskets will work but are very unforgiving, head and cylinder surfaces need to be perfect flat and very smooth, and a bit more torque then stock  :jaw:
CUERVO RACING

redraptor23

Quote from: preddy08 on August 20, 2009, 01:53:03 PM

I do have studs

1badazz_700r

I believe kenny had a right up on here about studs distorting the cylinder, and said by chamfering the bolt holls you get the same clamping pressure without distortion with stock bolts. I would also liketo see someone take a stock yamaha gasket and trim it to fit a bigbore and see if it holds up. If nobody has done it by this winter i will do it for sure. cause im planning a few upgrades this winter :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

redraptor23

Ya im thinking i might go with a 105 bore with that +6 barkers crank. What piston should i go with with that 105 bore?

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: redraptor23 on August 24, 2009, 03:24:21 PM
Ya im thinking i might go with a 105 bore with that +6 barkers crank. What piston should i go with with that 105 bore?

What fuel are you wanting to run?   ???