Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:22:41 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:18:19 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 07:55:25 AM
Quote from: Krandall on June 18, 2008, 07:46:04 AM
Jun 18 1900

The Empress Dowager of China orders all foreigners killed. Among those meeting this fate are the foreign diplomats, their families, as well as hundreds of Christian missionaries and their Chinese converts.

Damn.. :help:

China has me worried.

China is a more of an economical concern than a military concern. They will start building it better for much less. They are already building it for less. If they get on the ball like Japan we're in serious trouble.

Iran doesn't have much of a military. The nuke issue should be kept in check, but if they are going to use it for power purposes like they claim, it should be regulated by a superpower. Take spent rods and dispose of properly. Islamic republics with nuclear capability scare me. The first place they want to go with a nuke is Israel and guess who gets up in their business.....the good ol' US and A. The program in Iran is highly developed and can only be regulated. Sanctions won't cut it. If Russia (supplier of Iran's uranium) will stick to their end of the deal and dispose of spent rods, then it would be okay......If you could only fully trust Mother Russia.

~Brian

Trust russia....yeah right.

I think they were a little more trustworthy when Boris was in office. They are questionable again. We should really get back on track with Russia. They produce a shitload of oil, and it's too cold to farm there. I remember Reagan trading wheat with them in the 80's. He was brilliant.

~Brian

I miss Reagan.   :(

I was young, but this country doesn't miss Reaganomics.

He was a true diplomat, but horrible at balancing the books.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:33:10 AM
Jun 18 1900

The Empress Dowager of China orders all foreigners killed. Among those meeting this fate are the foreign diplomats, their families, as well as hundreds of Christian missionaries and their Chinese converts.

China has me worried.

China is a more of an economical concern than a military concern. They will start building it better for much less. They are already building it for less. If they get on the ball like Japan we're in serious trouble.

Iran doesn't have much of a military. The nuke issue should be kept in check, but if they are going to use it for power purposes like they claim, it should be regulated by a superpower. Take spent rods and dispose of properly. Islamic republics with nuclear capability scare me. The first place they want to go with a nuke is Israel and guess who gets up in their business.....the good ol' US and A. The program in Iran is highly developed and can only be regulated. Sanctions won't cut it. If Russia (supplier of Iran's uranium) will stick to their end of the deal and dispose of spent rods, then it would be okay......If you could only fully trust Mother Russia.

~Brian

I think they were a little more trustworthy when Boris was in office. They are questionable again. We should really get back on track with Russia. They produce a shitload of oil, and it's too cold to farm there. I remember Reagan trading wheat with them in the 80's. He was brilliant.

~Brian

~Brian

Reaganomics worked great.   :confused:  They just pissed off the other side of the room because he was not for giving hand outs. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: Krandall on June 18, 2008, 09:20:56 AM
Yeah, Isreal is the FIRST place to go, as soon as an islamic higher up gets a hold of a nuke, it'll be threats and BAM. Done.

I like to think Iran is for peacful purposes with this project, if so, why not let US help em out in making sure its regulated?

I guess, if I was in another country though.. I think the US would be one of the last countries I'd trust, our government has to jmuch sh*t up their sleeves.. :help:

The US hasn't had diplomatic relations with Iran since the Islamic revolution in the 1980's. We supported their former leader,  Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran, before the Ayatollah Khomeini took power. Since then, we've been at their throats. We even support Saddam's war with Iran, and supplied Iraq with weapons to fight Iran back in the 80's.

If there is a change of guard in November, I think the next President will reach out to a few of our so called enemies and try to restore relations with a few countries.

~Brian

Reagan didn't mess with talking to them.....I don't think the new prez should.  

Reagan did extend the olive branch to Russia, and it worked! Mikhail Gorbachev saw the light. If it wasn't for Reagan, the cold war would still be on. It took balls to reach out, and that's what I remember most about him.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:36:23 AM
Yeah, Isreal is the FIRST place to go, as soon as an islamic higher up gets a hold of a nuke, it'll be threats and BAM. Done.

I like to think Iran is for peacful purposes with this project, if so, why not let US help em out in making sure its regulated?

I guess, if I was in another country though.. I think the US would be one of the last countries I'd trust, our government has to jmuch sh*t up their sleeves.. :help:

The US hasn't had diplomatic relations with Iran since the Islamic revolution in the 1980's. We supported their former leader,  Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran, before the Ayatollah Khomeini took power. Since then, we've been at their throats. We even support Saddam's war with Iran, and supplied Iraq with weapons to fight Iran back in the 80's.

If there is a change of guard in November, I think the next President will reach out to a few of our so called enemies and try to restore relations with a few countries.

~Brian

Reagan did extend the olive branch to Russia, and it worked! Mikhail Gorbachev saw the light. If it wasn't for Reagan, the cold war would still be on. It took balls to reach out, and that's what I remember most about him.

~Brian

The "tear down this wall" speach.........now that was how you reach out. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:34:21 AM
Jun 18 1900

China has me worried.

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

Reaganomics worked great.   :confused:  They just pissed off the other side of the room because he was not for giving hand outs. 

Reaganomics forced us into recession. Unemployment was at an all time high during Reagan's term. The only think that helped us get back on track was oil fell in the mid 80's and caused our economic growth in the late 80's early 90's. 20 years later, here we are. Oil is out of control again and we are in dire straits.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:46:11 AM
Jun 18 1900

China has me worried.

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

Reaganomics forced us into recession. Unemployment was at an all time high during Reagan's term. The only think that helped us get back on track was oil fell in the mid 80's and caused our economic growth in the late 80's early 90's. 20 years later, here we are. Oil is out of control again and we are in dire straits.

~Brian

Read this so you can understand reaganomics and not what the media says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:37:24 AM

~Brian

~Brian

Agreed. It was a matter of time. Gorbachev was close with Reagan, and it was awesome to see in my lifetime. Two enemies becoming allies.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:47:42 AM

~Brian

~Brian

Agreed. It was a matter of time. Gorbachev was close with Reagan, and it was awesome to see in my lifetime. Two enemies becoming allies.

~Brian

But extreme Islamic movements are a whole different thing.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:47:36 AM
Jun 18 1900

China has me worried.

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

I understand Reaganomics, it was brilliant, but it caused a painful recession and unemployment. The lower class and middle class suffered while the rich became richer. Intrest rates were outrageous, and tax dollars were spent on nukes and military equipment while "less government" was being sold to the masses like "Iraq has WMD" was sold to us (well, not that big of a lie).

~Brian

Had it not been for oil's demise in the mid 80's, we would have been so screwed.
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:51:49 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:47:36 AM
Jun 18 1900

China has me worried.

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

I understand Reaganomics, it was brilliant, but it caused a painful recession and unemployment. The lower class and middle class suffered while the rich became richer. Intrest rates were outrageous, and tax dollars were spent on nukes and military equipment while "less government" was being sold to the masses like "Iraq has WMD" was sold to us (well, not that big of a lie).

~Brian

Had it not been for oil's demise in the mid 80's, we would have been so screwed.

It didn't cause the recession, look into that.  That is a good write up in that link.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:48:47 AM

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

Sure, but we have had diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia for many years. Iran doesn't have much to offer, but we at least need to try. Being the bully pisses people off. The little guy will often suprise the bully.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 18, 2008, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 09:48:47 AM

~Brian

~Brian

~Brian

Sure, but we have had diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia for many years. Iran doesn't have much to offer, but we at least need to try. Being the bully pisses people off. The little guy will often suprise the bully.

~Brian

Saudi Arabia was not the extreme islamic movement that some other places are.  And no matter what we do we will piss someone off.  They hate us for who we are.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Damned if we do, and Damned if we dont. I just don't think we need to be poking our nose into everyones business. Why can't it just be about us (the USA) for once? ???  We've got plenty of our own problems.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

The recession in the 1980's was caused by the severe decline of the gross national product. Inflation was high, people lost jobs. It occured in Regan's first term.

Nasdaq Composite 7/1/1981 to 11/30/1982

We didn't rebound until oil dropped in 1986. We won't rebound until oil drops. This all could have been prevented, but the douche in office now is too concerned with other matters.

During March 1991 to March 2001, the U.S.A. experienced the longest economic expansion - 120 months. Clinton was in office from 1993 to 2001!

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on June 18, 2008, 10:06:27 AM
Damned if we do, and Damned if we dont. I just don't think we need to be poking our nose into everyones business. Why can't it just be about us (the USA) for once? ???  We've got plenty of our own problems.

I agree. But one thing nice about the war is these people have wanted to kill Americans and before they were coming here to do it.  Now they are so busy all going to Iraq.  We haven't had a problem here since.  And they are being killed in far greater numbers then our troups.  They keep sending them and our boys keep killing them.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum