Rappy Not Running good... Problem solved!!!

Started by Krandall, August 01, 2009, 06:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

So... To introduce you to the start of the problem..

The last day we were @ silver lake, minus the swing arm pivot bearings the rappy was running tip top, really good, i went back filled her up, went back out, and it just seemed to run like garbage.... Hmmmm ???

I took it home it sat for 3 weeks, Last weekend I went out, fired her up, would idle alright, but giving it gas, it had this bad stumble. and was running STUPID rich... wtf..... So. i decided, had to be bad gas since Erich was also experiencing similar issues.. So today. Got to my parents place relatively early, I tore the rappy down, drained the gas tank and went and picked up some fresh 92 octane for her.

I got the tank hooked up, primed her a few times, fired her up, BAM started instantly, i thought... hmm, that was it. So.. I let it warm up a bit. Give it gas. stumbles horribly, reaks of gas... YET again.... ::) :help: :help: :help: :help: :mad:  So. Now. i cross off bad gas.. No way this could be it.. i thought.. hmm, maybe somone's f*ckin w/ my quad and erased my map... who knows......... Just throwin out ideas.. soi I bring out my laptop, hook it up.  TPS reset function from within the Power Commander App... I have no f*ckin idea how to use it... I call Aaron, he has no idea.. I try calling preddy, no answer... :( So. I decide.. whatev.. I noticed. with my quad off... I hooked just my laptop up.. the lights on the power commander were going crazy, and when I had the TPS reset thing open, it was going crazy too.... so.. i take the tank and plastics  off.. look down where the TPS wires hook up, and I was going to take the plug off.... As I tug on it a bit, one of the wires splits in half.... Take a guess at what one... (I'll give you a hint... The dynatek....)

Well.. the dynatek uses one of those 'T' scotch splices.. and it actually SEVERED THE F*CKING WIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decide.. that HAS to be the problem, I bust out the soldering iron. 5 mins later BAM. I turn the key on.. she idles like a f*ckin beauty :batman: woot woot!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got to actually RIDE it for the first time since Silver Lake!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

DL700

:lol:

Shame on u' for not soldering in that connection..... a lot of the PC3's for other models do the same.... the LT-r 450 is the worst, almost everyone does the same

good to hear it was something soo simple
CUERVO RACING

preddy08

Sorry for not answering. I spent my whole day in a Bob Cat grading my buddys patio. Suppose I should check my wires.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Diggs59

Quote from: DL700 on August 01, 2009, 06:46:19 PM

Shame on u' for not soldering in that connection..... a lot of the PC3's for other models do the same.... the LT-r 450 is the worst, almost everyone does the same

I was just getting ready topost that DL warns people about using the T-Taps for the Dynatek.  :nod: I need to get mine soldered. Thanks for posting this Krandall.

Krandall

Quote from: DL700 on August 01, 2009, 06:46:19 PM

:(

I know I should have the first time I put it in..... I know some people say.. Hellz yea w/ the taps and some say solder them in right away. Live n' learn I guess. :lol: If it wasn't that... I think I would have lost my mind, probably curled up in a corner and cried.

Question.. Do you guys know how to use the TPS reset function in the PC3 software. I couldn't find anything on their site. Would be nice to know for future reference.
And no big deal shawn :) It was a saturday afternoon, I'm lucky I got anyone to answer.  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

I've never used the tps reset on the PCIII, but I do know how to manually reset the TPS. It's a breeze. http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=4739.0

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

socalrappy700

Picked up my seafoam today but I'll make sure to check that too.  I do know when I put in a fresh plug it ran better.  But then I was putting around the yard giving Owen a ride for quite a while.  After that it sputtered like crazy coming off high RPM.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

DL700

use a NEW 9v battery with the adaptor.... key and ignition on.... throttle closed CLICK left arrow, throttle at WOT click right arrow, then u are good to go!
CUERVO RACING

Krandall

damn easy. lol, I figured so too...... Thanks DL!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Danny T

Quote from: DL700 on August 02, 2009, 01:52:35 AM
use a NEW 9v battery with the adaptor.... key and ignition on.... throttle closed CLICK left arrow, throttle at WOT click right arrow, then u are good to go!

with a PC V is this the same steps?

DL700

YES, except u do not need the 9V battery, due to the Pcv powering off of the USB cable thru your computer

...i ran into another 700 with the T-TAP  which eaten all the way down to just 3 strands of wire......  ::)
CUERVO RACING