X-2 , X-4

Started by valetman, June 05, 2008, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valetman

What are the diffrences between the two cams?

Colorado700R

I'm sending a PM to "kenny" for you about this.  He's probably the best source of info with first hand expierence of both Cams.

Aaron

valetman

preddy08

Quote from: valetman on June 05, 2008, 04:58:12 PM
Thank you :thumbs:

The x-2 has a tighter lobe seperation than the x-4. That should translate into more top end, but have herd that people are seeing a nice gain all the way across.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenny

Quote from: preddy08 on June 05, 2008, 05:07:50 PM

The x-2 has a tighter lobe seperation than the x-4. That should translate into more top end, but have herd that people are seeing a nice gain all the way across.
Just like preddy said, combined with the X-4 being installed 4° stupid (VS the X-2). The engine seems to come alive. The stock rod stroke ratio is 1.6 which just seems to love as much cam as you can throw in it. It also loves to breathe. I know that sounds ridiculous, but these engines are way more sensitive to restriction than an engine with a higher R/S ratio. Keep in mind that higher compression ratios trend toward wider lobe seperation as well :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

valetman

Quote from: Kenny on June 05, 2008, 09:44:08 PM

Just like preddy said, combined with the X-4 being installed 4° stupid (VS the X-2). The engine seems to come alive. The stock rod stroke ratio is 1.6 which just seems to love as much cam as you can throw in it. It also loves to breathe. I know that sounds ridiculous, but these engines are way more sensitive to restriction than an engine with a higher R/S ratio. Keep in mind that higher compression ratios trend toward wider lobe seperation as well :thumbs:
So a h/c piston and the X-4 4 degrees retarted is turning out some great power? A headport and some +1valves
you got a great stock bore. :clap:

Kenny

Quote from: valetman on June 05, 2008, 10:19:20 PM

So a h/c piston and the X-4 4 degrees retarted is turning out some great power? A headport and some +1valves
The X-4 comes 4° stupid, and yes it rocks :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

J-HILT

Quote from: Kenny on June 06, 2008, 08:01:49 AM
Quote from: valetman on June 05, 2008, 10:19:20 PM

The X-4 comes 4° stupid, and yes it rocks :thumbs:

+1 That bitch moves I'm not dropping any power till about 8600rpms
**Racers Edge**
** Wild Ones Racing**
CNC Head
14:1 Cp Piston
X-4 Cam
+2TB *Kennys*
PCIII
Dynatek Ignition
LTE Dual Exhaust
Can't give away all my tricks

preddy08

How is your top end power?

J-HILT

Quote from: preddy08 on June 06, 2008, 11:24:50 AM

Didn't know if you were talking to me but that is where I noticed the most difference esp racing those banshee's. It seems to make a big difference on the top end :clap:
**Racers Edge**
** Wild Ones Racing**
CNC Head
X-4 Cam
+2TB *Kennys*
PCIII
Dynatek Ignition
LTE Dual Exhaust

preddy08

Quote from: J-HILT on June 06, 2008, 12:57:09 PM

Didn't know if you were talking to me but that is where I noticed the most difference esp racing those banshee's. It seems to make a big difference on the top end :clap:

Cool, that what I though. Kenz said that the compression would KILL the top end. I feel that my top end is KILLER!!

J-HILT

Quote from: preddy08 on June 06, 2008, 01:47:46 PM
Quote from: J-HILT on June 06, 2008, 12:57:09 PM

Cool, that what I though. Kenz said that the compression would KILL the top end. I feel that my top end is KILLER!!

All I can say on that is we would have to test it out. Get a Kenz stock/bore with what they want and race :thumbs:
**Racers Edge**
** Wild Ones Racing**
CNC Head
X-4 Cam
+2TB *Kennys*
PCIII
Dynatek Ignition
LTE Dual Exhaust

exentix

dont know if this is correct or not, but from what devan was telling me, he said the x-2 has more a a 2 stroke rev to it, and the x4 is like a 4 stroke? he was originally gonna go with the x2 but decided against it and got the x4 instead and it seems to rev very fast

1badazz_700r

That is correct exentix. velociraptor did my head and installed my X-4 cam.He told me the  X-2 is quicker reving like a 2-stroke. The 2 cams are the same,except the X-2 has tighter lobe separation which results in faster rev. All i know is my X-4 and mods really made this thing scream :thumbs: I did go back to my 14t front and it really makes a differance,because my bottom end didnt feel quite as strong as before. It is know though :lol: (devan29) on other forum

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Sandeater

All I can say is I wish I wouldn't have listened to other peoples opinions on RF and went with the X4 not the X2. 
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs