Calling out Socal!

Started by preddy08, June 04, 2008, 03:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

So you call yourself a civil engineer? Want to help me out on a quick project? It will be my first project on my own and it is for a local riding area. So it has to be done off the clock.

What do you know about drainage areas?

How do you determin culver size for a drainage area that is greater than 2500 acres. The core of engineers provided me with a drainage study for another culvert, but not this one.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 04, 2008, 03:05:08 PM
So you call yourself a civil engineer? Want to help me out on a quick project? It will be my first project on my own and it is for a local riding area. So it has to be done off the clock.

How do you determin culver size for a drainage area that is greater than 2500 acres. The core of engineers provided me with a drainage study for another culvert, but not this one.

I'm a program manager.  My degree was in marketing but I have a strong background in civil.  I over see legal matters and budgets for large scale projects.  But I do have 3 civil engineers working on my team...they are the brains behind what I say.  I'll talk to you in the morning.  My guys can take care of that.   
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 04, 2008, 08:24:36 PM
Quote from: preddy08 on June 04, 2008, 03:05:08 PM

I'm a program manager.  My degree was in marketing but I have a strong background in civil.  I over see legal matters and budgets for large scale projects.  But I do have 3 civil engineers working on my team...they are the brains behind what I say.  I'll talk to you in the morning.  My guys can take care of that.   

Ah cool man, thanks!

socalrappy700

Ok, I'm in the office.  What do you have?  You will need to do a drainage study, there isn't a way around that.  Too many variables to guess it.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 05, 2008, 06:33:41 AM
Ok, I'm in the office.  What do you have?  You will need to do a drainage study, there isn't a way around that.  Too many variables to guess it.

Thats what I thought, but the core did the drainage study for one of the culverts and left the second one up to us. There is litterly ZERO budget for this project. I am doing it on a donation basis.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 05, 2008, 07:48:18 AM

Thats what I thought, but the core did the drainage study for one of the culverts and left the second one up to us. There is litterly ZERO budget for this project. I am doing it on a donation basis.

OUCH!  Do you have any kind of topo?  We can also get the flood maps from flood control.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Also do you know what zone you are in for fema?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 05, 2008, 07:52:28 AM

OUCH!  Do you have any kind of topo?  We can also get the flood maps from flood control.

This is going to get done as cheaply as possible, so I will be using the GIS topos of the area. It wont be exact, but close enough for a gravle road, parking lot, a shitter, and a couple of shelters.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 05, 2008, 08:56:17 AM

This is going to get done as cheaply as possible, so I will be using the GIS topos of the area. It wont be exact, but close enough for a gravle road, parking lot, a shitter, and a couple of shelters.

Do you have a rough address?  I can look up the fema map for the area.  Is there any ponds or low land area?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

I'll do it for ya...in one day with my nothing but a knife and a fork :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Quote from: Peels660 on June 05, 2008, 09:03:22 AM
I'll do it for ya...in one day with my nothing but a knife and a fork :rofl:

Damn tweekers.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 05, 2008, 08:57:49 AM

Do you have a rough address?  I can look up the fema map for the area.  Is there any ponds or low land area?

This is for Harlen County Reservoir/Lake, in Nebraska.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 05, 2008, 09:10:03 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 05, 2008, 08:57:49 AM

This is for Harlen County Reservoir/Lake, in Nebraska.

I'll start with that, let me know when you have any topo.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Don't have any topos. I will be using the state provided GIS information for the contours and ariel photos to locate everything eles for the project.

Its weird that the NRCS provided a drainage study for the small 9.8 acre location, than to the East (about .5 miles) there is a culvert that they want us to figure. Its 3051.2 acres.

There is no real cross streets to give an address, but it is the very south east side of Harlan County Lake.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 10, 2008, 02:54:41 PM
Don't have any topos. I will be using the state provided GIS information for the contours and ariel photos to locate everything eles for the project.

Its weird that the NRCS provided a drainage study for the small 9.8 acre location, than to the East (about .5 miles) there is a culvert that they want us to figure. Its 3051.2 acres.

There is no real cross streets to give an address, but it is the very south east side of Harlan County Lake.

dude, they need to give you more then that to work with, or its down to a guessing game.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum