Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 142608 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1575 on: May 06, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »
Randy I truly enjoy reading these quotes every time I get on here, thanks!  :thumbs:

I don't  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1576 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:57 AM »
"A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself. He can live without hope, without friends, without books, even without music, as long as he can listen to his own thoughts." -Axel Munthe

The Swedish psychologist wrote his book of memoirs, The Story of San Michele, in part because he could no longer sleep. "Man was built to carry his own cross, that is why he was given his strong shoulders," Munthe wrote, "but a man cannot live without sleep. When I ceased to sleep I began to write this book, all milder remedies having failed. It has been a great success, so far as I am concerned."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1577 on: May 06, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »
[Today at 10:30:53 AM] Adam700Raptor08: if i can wheel barrel river rock with one leg you can push a mower

yeah preddy you wuss! get to mowin!  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1578 on: May 09, 2011, 07:31:50 AM »
"A successful man is simply one who doesn't make a fool of himself in the same way more than two or three times running." -H. L. Mencken

The very first words of the American journalist's 1916 A Little Book In C Major set the tone for the rest of it -- and for Mencken's unconventional and cynical philosophy as a whole: "Love is the delusion that one woman differs from the other." Mencken made no secret of his distaste for religion, democracy, government, and any other institution; this book in particular shows Mencken's offhanded pessimism ("A man of self-respect is one who still believes that nobody suspects him").

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1579 on: May 09, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Today at 12:28:54 PM] SegKast: nothin so refreshing as a freshly shorn scrotum

this is true  :lol: :nod:

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #1580 on: May 09, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
Quote from: spartan727
Spartan727: Funny thing is I corrected a guy (in private) about his crank specs :lol:

i didnt even have to edit that one bit

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #1581 on: May 09, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »
I know all about crank :peels:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1582 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:16 PM »

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1583 on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:25 AM »
"Most of us, no matter what we say, are walking in the dark, whistling in the dark. Nobody knows what is going to happen to him from one moment to the next, or how one will bear it." -James Baldwin

In a 1961 interview with WFMT Chicago, the author and activist was asked a question about the purpose and function of art. Baldwin was black and openly homosexual in an era when either would have been a considerable barrier to literary success. He responded with the above quote. "This is irreducible," Baldwin continued, "And it's true of everybody. Now, it is true that the nature of society is to create, among its citizens, an illusion of safety; but it is also absolutely true that the safety is always necessarily an illusion. Artists are here to disturb the peace."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
Today at 09:20:01 AM] Adam700Raptor08: wish my GF would stop being sutch a bitch so i can marry her
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
Today at 09:20:01 AM] Adam700Raptor08: wish my GF would stop being sutch a bitch so i can marry her

lol this relationship sounds like its starting off on a good note....  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »
[Today at 05:05:19 PM] Spartan727: Doing the rear has made the most difference imo

yep...happens to the best of us

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1587 on: May 11, 2011, 07:07:31 AM »
"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can." -Mark Twain

The American author's pessimistic investing advice comes from Following the Equator, his 1897 nonfiction account of his travels while bankrupt. Twain enlivened this travelogue with tangential quotations from Pudd'nhead Wilson, the fictional character from his novel of the same name. Most of the quotes were apropos nothing. The Pudd'nhead Wilson quote that followed the above: "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1588 on: May 12, 2011, 07:35:59 AM »
"GERD has given you one face, and you make yourselves another." -William Shakespeare

Spoken by Hamlet in the eponymous play, this line is part of the character's tirade against Ophelia in Act 3. "What should such fellows as I do crawling between earth and heaven? We are arrant knaves, all. Believe none of us." It follows shortly after Hamlet's "To be, or not to be" soliloquy, the best-known speech from the play and one of the most famous in English literature. In the context, Hamlet's comment is ostensibly about women's makeup, but of course the larger accusation refers to Ophelia's dishonesty.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1589 on: May 13, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »
"Money is something you got to make in case you don't die." -Max Asnas

Max Asnas was the founder and owner of The Stage Deli, the Manhattan landmark that has served as a celebrity hangout since its early Broadway days. Since 1937, the deli has named specialty sandwiches after famous patrons. The list includes the Clint Eastwood (turkey, tongue and corned beef), the Mel Brooks (pastrami, turkey and Swiss cheese) and the Dolly Parton (twin rolls of pastrami and corned beef).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: