Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 141240 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1155 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:40 AM »
omfg. that guy was straight up crazy :lol:

He walks over and goes. oh, 4wheelers, I have a 3wheeler. You guys like honda?

peelz without even thinking says No. :lol:

the guy then proceeds to ask if I know where there's an axle for an 86/87 Honda big red......
Somehow, the subject goes WAY off topic and he proceeds to tell me how he had a blood clot, he pulls down his shirt and shows me his nips, trying to show me where this tube thing was run......
What a good first impression kansas...

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1156 on: October 04, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »
hawt
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1157 on: October 04, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
'For man, the vast marvel is to be alive.'  -D. H. Lawrence

Apocalypse and the Writings on Revelation, which Lawrence wrote as he was dying of tuberculosis, is a wide-ranging examination of man's place in the universe. Here, stressing the indescribable difference between vague philosophical concerns and the immediacy of life, Lawrence writes that "what man most passionately wants is his living wholeness and his living unison, not his own isolate salvation of his 'soul.' ... The dead may look after the afterward. But the magnificent here and now of life in the flesh is ours, and ours alone, and ours only for a time."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1158 on: October 04, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »
That's deep yo.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #1159 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
[Today at 02:00:52 PM] PeelsSE2: you look like somebody stole you off an old lady's lawn lol

[Today at 02:01:06 PM] Lady4Fiddy:  :jaw:

[Today at 02:01:10 PM] PeelsSE2: how much are you getting for those travelocity commercials?

I think i peed myself a little  :nod:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 02:05:15 PM by kamakazi »
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1160 on: October 04, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
lady4fiddy is now

"LawnGnome450"  :lol: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1161 on: October 05, 2010, 09:50:40 AM »
[Today at 10:49:49 AM] del ban Jade67: Well I am glad that you treated it no different than any other type of riding that you do and manager to crash...haha

[Today at 10:50:10 AM] del ban Spartan727: I bring the fail with me no matter the terrain thumbs up rofl

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: October 05, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »
What a man can be, he must be.'  -Abraham Maslow

Maslow's hierarchy of needs has seen recent proposed revisions that would replace the top of the psychologist's model, originally reserved for "self-actualization," with "parenting" and "mate retention." The original concept of self-actualization, articulated by this quote, stresses that people have an innate sense of a kind of calling -- something that they were born to do. As Maslow writes in Motivation and Personality: "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1163 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »
[Today at 01:31:31 PM] Lady4Fiddy: IF I was your lawn gnome I would shit on your porch and set it on fire

Aaron, I think I love your Woman :rofl:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1164 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »

Maslow's hierarchy of needs has seen recent proposed revisions that would replace the top of the psychologist's model, originally reserved for "self-actualization," with "parenting" and "mate retention." The original concept of self-actualization, articulated by this quote, stresses that people have an innate sense of a kind of calling -- something that they were born to do. As Maslow writes in Motivation and Personality: "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself."

Interesting, but I would argue that those 'parenting' and 'mate retention' components should be lower in the pyramid than Self-Actualization. They might help you reach self actualization, but I think they're more like stepping stones for reaching that point. I have trouble seeing those as the final piece of the hierarchy as you can easily 'retain' your mate and you can raise a child well in my eyes, without reaching self actualization. Honestly it seems to me those revisions would be somewhat superfluous anyway as they're pretty much covered in some of the lower levels anyway the way I remember it ????
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1165 on: October 05, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »

Interesting, but I would argue that those 'parenting' and 'mate retention' components should be lower in the pyramid than Self-Actualization. They might help you reach self actualization, but I think they're more like stepping stones for reaching that point. I have trouble seeing those as the final piece of the hierarchy as you can easily 'retain' your mate and you can raise a child well in my eyes, without reaching self actualization. Honestly it seems to me those revisions would be somewhat superfluous anyway as they're pretty much covered in some of the lower levels anyway the way I remember it ????

GTFO stoner!!!! :peels: I am now dumber from having having read that post :lol:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1166 on: October 05, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »
That's a crack pipe. Get the drug right before postin a smiley damnit :lol:

My post didn't make you dumber, it's those foilies that ain't helpin ya !!
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1167 on: October 05, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »
[Today at 09:20:46 PM] del ban preddy08: I loved Aarons!

[Today at 09:21:06 PM] del ban preddy08: nutz

wtf? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #1168 on: October 05, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »
:rofl: I thought you might be jealous
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1169 on: October 06, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
'Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately you occasionally find men disgrace labor.'  -Ulysses S. Grant

The 18th President of the United States was beloved at the time of his election but bankrupt and unpopular by the end of his life, thanks in part to an administration of nearly constant scandals. His memoirs, promoted by Mark Twain as the greatest since Julius Caesar's, saved his family from bankruptcy after his death. Henry Adams said of Grant that America, while otherwise apparently modernist, worshiped the brusque general because he seemed as though he should have "lived in a cave and worn skins."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: