Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 144239 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #2160 on: June 06, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
<realist
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2161 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »
I have idealistic and realistic tendencies.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2162 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »
"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." -Jack London

This line comes from Jack London's "Credo," attributed to London by journalist Ernest J. Hopkins, who visited London before his death. It hasn't been found in any of London's actual writing, so its true authorship is uncertain (the lines were first printed in a 1916 newspaper, and later in a collection of London's stories). They begin: "I would rather be ashes than dust!/ I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot./ I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2163 on: June 11, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
"Strive manfully for righteousness, and strive so as to make your efforts for good count. You are not to be excused if you fail to try to make things better." -Theodore Roosevelt

The June, 1900 edition of Century Magazine featured Roosevelt's "Latitude And Longitude Among Reformers," which would later appear in his collection The Strenuous Life. In the address, Roosevelt levies the above instruction to mankind in general. "One man's capacity is for one kind of work and another man's capacity for another kind of work," Roosevelt admitted. "One affects certain methods and another affects entirely different methods. All this is of little concern. What is of really vital importance is that something should be accomplished, and that this something should be worthy of accomplishment."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2164 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »
[Today at 02:49:58 PM] redraptor23: ya i got gang banged.... So what

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2165 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »
"It is a mistake to suppose that men succeed through success; they much oftener succeed through failure." -Samuel Smiles

Samuel Smiles was a Scottish author best known for Self-Help, which turned him into an overnight celebrity (by the end of his life it had sold a quarter of a million copies, which was an impressive figure for the late 19th century). "Genius, without work, is certainly a dumb oracle," wrote Smiles, "and it is unquestionably true that the men of the highest genius have invariably been found to be amongst the most plodding, hard-working, and intent men -- their chief characteristic apparently consisting simply in their power of laboring more intensely and effectively than others."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #2166 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
Today at 11:35:46 AM] Krandall: Funnerz, did you like the ass-ault?

[Today at 11:35:55 AM] funyun: ya seemed pretty good

i was bored this amusses me.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2167 on: June 12, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
[Today at 03:45:18 PM] funyun: still got 15mins

[Today at 03:45:34 PM] funyun: im snow balling it

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #2168 on: June 12, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
wow.. that some f'd up shit there

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2169 on: June 13, 2012, 07:15:36 AM »
"All men would be tyrants if they could." -Daniel Defoe

Defoe was a prodigious author who started out as a pamphleteer, a career in which he drew enough attention to himself that he was imprisoned and pilloried for sedition. This quote is from an addendum Defoe wrote to his "History of the Kentish Petition." It wasn't until years later that he wrote Robinson Crusoe, the book for which he is most well-known. "I have since often observed, how incongruous and irrational the common temper of mankind is," Defoe wrote. "They are not ashamed to sin, and yet are ashamed to repent. Not ashamed of the action for which they ought justly to be esteemed fools, but are ashamed of the returning, which can only make them be esteemed wise men."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2170 on: June 15, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

John C. Maxwell is an evangelical Christian pastor and author, mostly known for his public speaking and his books on leadership (including The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader). This quote comes from The Power of Leadership, which begins with a quote from Grace Hopper, a pioneering U.S. Navy officer and computer scientist: "You manage things; you lead people."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2171 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »
"Many a one has finally succeeded only because he has failed after repeated efforts. If he had never met defeat he would never have known any great victory." -Orison Swett Marden

Marden was one of the first of what we now call self-help writers, though at the end of the 19th century, that label didn't exist yet; Marden was instead associated with the school of "New Thought", a philosophical approach to positive thinking. This line appears in The Optimistic Life: Or, In the Cheering-up Business, in which Marden continues: "A great many people never really discover themselves until ruin stares them in the face. They do not seem to know how to bring out their reserves until they are overtaken by an overwhelming disaster, or until the sight of their blighted prospects and of the wreck of their homes and happiness stirs them to the very center of their beings.... There is something in defeat which puts new determination into a man of mettle."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline BLU700R

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yamaha Simply The Best!!
    • Email
« Reply #2172 on: June 18, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
Once a King always a King.. But once a Knight is enough.... LOL
+2 TB+GYTR full exhaust+12.1 JE+PCIII+15T+HotCams2+GYTR Intake+Iridium Plug=Crazy Badassness

Man do I miss my wheeler :(

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2173 on: June 19, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: The music is nothing if the audience is deaf." -Walter Lippmann

Walter Lippmann was a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and news personality throughout much of the 20th century. His first book was A Preface to Politics, which he wrote in 1913. Fifteen years later, Lippmann followed that book with A Preface to Morals, from where this quote comes. The book aims to address "the modern man's discontent," which Lippmann describes thusly: "He may be very busy with many things, but he discovers one day that he is no longer sure they are worth doing. He has been much preoccupied; but he is no longer sure he knows why. ...It occurs to him that it is a great deal of trouble to live."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #2174 on: June 19, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
Herro!  :rofl: