Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 144689 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1200 on: October 22, 2010, 07:54:32 AM »
'One forges one's style on the terrible anvil of daily deadlines.' -Emile Zola

Probably the foremost of the literary Naturalists, Zola developed his style as he worked his way through a 20-novel cycle about the Second French Empire. His literary interest was in the way men are influenced by the practical realities of their surroundings, rather than by the emotional and aesthetic concepts that were of interest to the Romantics. Zola was poor in his youth, working menial jobs before his success as a writer, but he went on to generate a prodigious literary output and was quite well-to-do because of it.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
« Reply #1201 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

^ Don't know who said it but I like it.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
« Reply #1202 on: October 25, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »
They don't think it be like it is, but it do   -Oscar Gamble

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1203 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:59 AM »
'A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.' -George Moore

The Brook Kerith is George Moore's attempt at a realistic portrayal of the life of , one in which Christ does not die on the cross (unsurprisingly, the book was controversial in the early 20th century, as was much of Moore's writing). This line is spoken by the character of Jesus in Moore's book, whom Moore portrays as a "rough shepherd philosopher" in the hills of Judea. Despite its controversial nature, the book does contain its share of positive spirituality: "The stars are GERD's eyes; we live under his eyes and he has given us a beautiful garden to live in. Are we worthy of it?"

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #1204 on: October 25, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »
[Today at 11:12:09 AM] preddy08: After seeing what tonto's bike did, I kinda want his pipe

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1205 on: October 25, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »
:lol:

Everyone wants a piece!! :rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline THIS ASS FOR RENT

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #1206 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »
We were at the SC State Fair for lunch last week and the Ho's was out in force which led to the following conversation:
Me: Dude, I didnt know Platinum (local strip club) had a booth at the fair this year...
Friend: Aw come on guy, she's probably only 12.
Me: Yeah, but thats like 40 in meth years :tweakz:

:rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1207 on: October 25, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1208 on: October 26, 2010, 08:01:02 AM »
'Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country.' -George Washington

like a forum post?  ???  :lol:

This advice from George Washington is all the more memorable for its source: It appears in the text of a letter wherein Washington coaxes a 34-year-old Benedict Arnold to consider himself subordinate to General Philip Schuyler, should both of their forces meet. "Upon this occasion, and all others," Washington wrote, "I recommend most earnestly to avoid all contention about rank." After being repeatedly passed over for promotion, Arnold would begin planning to defect a few years later.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1209 on: October 26, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
Aaron, did you know your to be bride is a hippy?

[Today at 01:30:41 PM] del ban Lady4Fiddy: no, I was making granola

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1210 on: October 26, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
Aaron, did you know your to be bride is a hippy?

[Today at 01:30:41 PM] del ban Lady4Fiddy: no, I was making granola

:(  She's making it for me, part of operation fatkid 8)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1211 on: October 27, 2010, 07:54:13 AM »
'The average man won't really do a day's work unless he is caught and cannot get out of it.' -Henry Ford

Despite the apparent negativity of this quote, Ford did treat his employees better than it was customary to treat the average worker at the time -- the $5/day wage he instituted for qualified workers was more than double what his employees would have expected to receive. Ford's Social Department made sure that these dramatically high wages went to workers who (in Ford's eyes) actually deserved them, and in turn, Ford offered a workweek far shorter (40-48 hours) than the average.

Welcome to raptorsource. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1212 on: October 27, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
'The average man won't really do a day's work unless he is caught and cannot get out of it.' -Henry Ford

Despite the apparent negativity of this quote, Ford did treat his employees better than it was customary to treat the average worker at the time -- the $5/day wage he instituted for qualified workers was more than double what his employees would have expected to receive. Ford's Social Department made sure that these dramatically high wages went to workers who (in Ford's eyes) actually deserved them, and in turn, Ford offered a workweek far shorter (40-48 hours) than the average.

Welcome to raptorsource. :lol:

cripes! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1213 on: October 27, 2010, 11:56:44 AM »
shout history is broken, but not the ability to quote. :rofl:

[Today at 12:54:49 PM] THIS SPACE FOR RENT: I'm gay
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1214 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
'Try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of value.' -Albert Einstein

Einstein has entered popular mythology as the stereotypical smart kid who nonetheless failed to meet with any initial success, thanks to being misunderstood; of course, he didn't actually fail math at all, although he did fail a school entry exam in his youth. On the subject of inherent value, Einstein, surprisingly spiritual for man of his scientific achievements, noted that the value of history's great religious leaders "ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: