Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 143688 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1140 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
'We shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way.'  -Hunter S. Thompson

Thompson wrote this quote in a 1960 letter to a friend of his girlfriend's in response to a letter from her on the nature of relationships. He went on to clarify the importance of finding happiness without relying on other people for it: "I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1141 on: September 21, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
uhhh  :confused:

[Today at 12:05:19 PM] del ban preddy08: Gotta rub it then smoke it

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1142 on: September 21, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »
uhhh  :confused:

[Today at 12:05:19 PM] del ban preddy08: Gotta rub it then smoke it

Pole, or pork butt? either way, it's a party! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1143 on: September 22, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »
'Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime's work, but it's worth the effort.'  -Fred Rogers

An unflinchingly optimistic children's television personality and Presbyterian minister, Fred Rogers was the host of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood for over 30 years. When he appeared before the Senate in 1969 to speak against proposed PBS funding cuts, Rogers explained his educational philosophy and recited the message he gave at the end of each show, "You've made this day a special day, just by being you." After he finished, Chairman John Pastore replied, "I think it's wonderful. Looks like you just earned the $20 million."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1144 on: September 23, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »
'A man is a worker. If he is not that he is nothing.'  -Joseph Conrad

This line comes from a collection of writings the Polish-born novelist assembled shortly before his death and introduced almost sheepishly, writing "And so here they are, dusted... but in no way polished." Differentiating between noble service and quest for adventure, Conrad writes that working toward an unforeseeable goal is "the common fate of mankind, whose most positive achievements are born from dreams and visions followed loyally to an unknown destination. And it doesn't matter. For the great mass of mankind the only saving grace that is needed is steady fidelity to what is nearest to hand and heart in the short moment of each human effort."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1145 on: September 23, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
Just heard this quote from a guy in the IT department.....Must be related to Randy!

"The function of a computer expert is not to be right about more things, but it is to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons."

:lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1146 on: September 23, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1147 on: September 24, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
'A friend in power is a friend lost.'  -Henry Adams

Grandson of John Quincy Adams, Henry was an influential writer in his own right, now known mostly for his third-person autobiographical book The Education of Henry Adams. This line is about Charles Sumner: "The boy Henry worshiped him, and if he ever regarded any older man as a personal friend, it was Mr. Sumner," Adams writes. The dissolution of their friendship, while Sumner served as a Senator from Massachusetts, opened in Adams "a chasm in life that never closed."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1148 on: September 27, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »
Sometimes best NOT to know....

[Today at 08:45:48 AM] del ban preddy08: did you try beating it a little?

[Today at 08:45:50 AM] del ban funyun: ya ill try

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1149 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »
'An utterly fearless man is a far more dangerous comrade than a coward.'  -Herman Melville

This line from Moby Dick is preceded by the straightforward explanation: "'I will have no man in my boat,' said Starbuck, 'who is not afraid of a whale.'" Melville adds that the most reliable and useful courage is the kind that comes measured against the threat at hand -- as opposed to, for example, the fearlessness that arises from being thoroughly blinded to fear and caution alike.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1150 on: September 28, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »
I like this ^ quote

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1151 on: September 29, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »
'Man, unlike any other thing organic or inorganic in the universe, grows beyond his work, walks up the stairs of his concepts, emerges ahead of his accomplishments.'  -John Steinbeck

The Grapes of Wrath, for which Steinbeck won both the Pulitzer and the Nobel Prize, deals heavily in bleakness and indignity. However, one of its central themes is the persistence of hope. Suffering and dying for a concept, Steinbeck writes, is the distinctive quality of man, and of nothing else in the entire universe: "When narrow dark alleys of thought, national, religious, economic, grow and disintegrate, man reaches, stumbles forward, painfully, mistakenly sometimes. Having stepped forward, he may slip back, but only half a step, never the full step back."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Chillomar

• Street Cred: 1
  • what what
    • Email
« Reply #1152 on: October 03, 2010, 12:24:25 AM »
[Today at 12:15:09 AM] Nick: Some dude just showed Randy his nipples at a gas station in Kansas at 1 am .!lol
And thats how the cookie crumbles

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #1153 on: October 03, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
[Today at 12:15:09 AM] Nick: Some dude just showed Randy his nipples at a gas station in Kansas at 1 am .!lol

And randy wasn't seen for an hour after that

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1154 on: October 04, 2010, 06:35:07 AM »
got the whole thing on ninja cellphone video :woot:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"