Fact O' The Day

Started by Krandall, July 07, 2009, 07:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

'Contrary to widespread perception, our nails do not continue to grow after death. '

The same goes for hair -- both perceptions are incorrect and can be attributed to an optical illusion. As a corpse begins the decay process, one aspect is dehydration. As moisture leaves, the flesh dries, causing it to retract from the fingernails and toenails, as well as hair. As they put it over at Snopes.com, "Because we are accustomed to nails and hair growing, and not hands, feet and heads shrinking, we perceive this change as an increase in one rather than a decline in the other."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

'No females - of any species - are allowed access to Mount Athos in Greece. '

This self-governed mountain and peninsula in northern Greece is considered a holy site, and only male members of the Eastern Orthodox Church can live there. It is only accessible by boat, despite it being landlocked. That strict "no chicks" rule held true even when Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Phillip were visiting; while Prince Phillip was permitted access, the Queen was relegated to a boat hundreds of yards offshore.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

'A London hotel suite was once briefly ceded to a foreign country so that an exiled monarch's heir could be born on "home soil."'

During World War II, Yugoslavian King Peter II and his wife were forced into exile by an Axis invasion, and found safety in England. Four years later, on July 17, 1945, the British government temporarily ceded sovereignty of the suite over to Yugoslavia so that the pregnant queen could give birth to the couple's son on Yugoslavian soil. Crown Prince Alexander, the child, was considered heir to the Yugoslavian throne until that state was dissolved; he now claims to be heir to the Serbian throne.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Krandall

'A controversial 1991 self-portrait sculpture was made from multiple pints of the artist's own blood. '

The artist, Marc Quinn, called the sculpture Self and used about nine pints of his own blood. The sculpture, which requires freezer-like conditions and has caused some people to faint, was bought for about $30,000 by an art collector who turned around a couple of years later and sold it for $3 million. Every five years, Quinn remakes the sculpture with new blood to compensate for the old, degraded blood and to reflect any changes in his face from aging.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dragonz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 21, 2009, 01:28:21 PM

41. Men who listen to classical music tend not to spit.  They swallow, see Phil for example

46. Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause: you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles. SWEET!!

Fact: Phil DOES NOT listen to classical music
& I only swallow something if I have been able to chew on it properly first (& I have big sharp teeth)
eg: Steak (pref cooked medium rare, with a hot green peppercorn sauce)
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Krandall

'For centuries, medical treatments followed the so-called "Doctrine of Signatures."'

The Doctrine of Signatures was established by a medieval herbalist who believed that medical treatments should be dictated by plant form. For instance, the red sap of the bloodroot was believed to help in curing blood disorders and walnuts were used to treat headaches because of their resemblance to the brain. This "doctrine" was part of accepted herbalist practice for centuries, into the late 1800s.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Temptation

life as an egg would suck

You only get laid once!

You only get eaten once!

It takes 4 minutes to get hard

2 minutes to get soft

You have to share a box with 11 other guys

And the only chick who ever sat on your face was your mother

Peelz

Quote from: Temptation on September 17, 2009, 09:26:46 PM
life as an egg would suck

You only get laid once!

You only get eaten once!

It takes 4 minutes to get hard

2 minutes to get soft

You have to share a box with 11 other guys

And the only chick who ever sat on your face was your mother

I find it ironic that you just summarized Krandall's life.  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

One of the most popular early medical treatments for sexual dysfunction involved goat gonads. '

SO THIS IS WHAT PREDDYS DOING......  :rofl:

In the 1920s, Dr. John Brinkley created a procedure to treat sexual dysfunction and low libido for men and women in which he transplanted tissue from the gonads of goats into his patients. He is believed to have performed the medically discredited procedure thousands of times for the then-huge sum of $750. As a result he became one of the most financially successful quacks of the 20th century. He even purposefully wore his facial hair in a goatee as a means of publicity.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

dragonz

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 18, 2009, 09:57:49 AM
:rofl:

goatf**ker.
Peels, what are you trying to do with that scalpel, & why do you have Preddy & a goat on the operating table together
2003 Raptor 660LE
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Peelz

Quote from: dragonz on September 19, 2009, 04:59:43 PM

goatf**ker.
Peels, what are you trying to do with that scalpel, & why do you have Preddy & a goat on the operating table together

stfu and grab a suture. THe Doctor is in. :lol:

dragonz

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 19, 2009, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: dragonz on September 19, 2009, 04:59:43 PM

goatf**ker.

stfu and grab a suture. THe Doctor is in. :lol:
Why don't we try a brain swap while were here.......... :nod:
2003 Raptor 660LE
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Krandall

By law, Italian men can't touch their genitals in public.'

Although the law, passed very recently, was clear about it being an issue of public decency, in fact the "tradition" for Italian men to touch or grab their crotch in public is a superstition that goes back many years. In doing so, the superstition says the men are warding off bad luck, kind of like drawing the Christian cross over one's chest. Former fascist dictator Benito Mussolini is said to have touched himself superstitiously if, while speaking in public, he suspected someone in the crowd of giving him the "evil eye."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: