Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fact O' The Day  (Read 85268 times)

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
Re: Fact O' The Day
« Reply #600 on: May 20, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
The English invented football (soccer in America) when kicking around the heads of slaughtered Danish invaders.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »
GOAL!!!!  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
stupid Dane's anyway!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #603 on: May 21, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »
'The United Arab Emirates has the highest percentage of immigrants of any country. '

Evidence that we are fast approaching one world: Almost 20 cities across the globe have at least a million foreign-born residents. Slightly less than half of those are in the United States, which, as a country, has a foreign-born population of about 12% -- significantly lower than the UAE, where over 71% of the population was born elsewhere.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #604 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
'A website for adulterers reports a 10-fold increase in sign-ups following Mother's Day.'

Likely the most famous (or infamous) adulterer web site, AshleyMadison.com reports that on an average Monday, about 2,500 women join their website, but that on the Monday following Mother's Day, that number goes up by a factor of 10. The site's owners say that this increase probably has nothing to do with mom having a bad Mother's Day -- rather, they argue that mom has probably been unhappy for a long time.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2010, 05:17:40 AM »
'A website for adulterers reports a 10-fold increase in sign-ups following Mother's Day.'

Likely the most famous (or infamous) adulterer web site, AshleyMadison.com reports that on an average Monday, about 2,500 women join their website, but that on the Monday following Mother's Day, that number goes up by a factor of 10. The site's owners say that this increase probably has nothing to do with mom having a bad Mother's Day -- rather, they argue that mom has probably been unhappy for a long time.
Sounds like a good time to go trawling then??? :rolleyes:
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
"Black Sunday" refers to the worst Depression-era dust storm on record. '

"Black Sunday" hit the Great Plains in April of 1935: Thanks to a lengthy drought and excessive over-plowing of the land, an estimated 300,000 tons of dry topsoil became a crippling dust storm so massive that it forced the relocation of hundreds of thousands of people and even gave the Great Plains the name by which it became known: the Dust Bowl.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
"Black Sunday" refers to the worst Depression-era dust storm on record. '

"Black Sunday" hit the Great Plains in April of 1935: Thanks to a lengthy drought and excessive over-plowing of the land, an estimated 300,000 tons of dry topsoil became a crippling dust storm so massive that it forced the relocation of hundreds of thousands of people and even gave the Great Plains the name by which it became known: the Dust Bowl.

That is where OKIES got their name. Farmers from Oklahoma who came in droves to California. Became synonomous with country type people. If you go to Oklahoma, you can kinda see how this happened. No trees, and the ones that are there are wind sand and dust bleached. The ground and plants are dry.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: May 26, 2010, 08:01:51 AM »
'The results of history's first clinical trial were entirely useful and completely ignored.'

Clinical trials today are a multibillion-dollar business, and history traces them back to a Scottish doctor named James Lind. In 1747, Lind believed that the scurvy that was killing sailors had a dietary cause, so he put six sets of sailors on six different diets. The pair receiving oranges and lemons (vitamin C) fully recovered, but Lind's findings were ignored by the British Admiralty for almost six decades.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:10 AM »
'The record for most goals in a World Cup match is 5.'

During the 1994 World Cup held in the United States, Russia's Oleg Salenko poured in a record 5 goals in a match against Cameroon. Salenko was awarded the Golden Boot that year, scoring 6 total goals, even though Russia was eliminated from competition early. Altogether, the Russian striker played just 9 World Cup matches in his career (one of them for Ukraine), and those were the only goals he ever scored.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: May 27, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »

During the 1994 World Cup held in the United States, Russia's Oleg Salenko poured in a record 5 goals in a match against Cameroon. Salenko was awarded the Golden Boot that year, scoring 6 total goals, even though Russia was eliminated from competition early. Altogether, the Russian striker played just 9 World Cup matches in his career (one of them for Ukraine), and those were the only goals he ever scored.

2 weeks away!!!!!! Watched Engalnd dismantle Mexico... Gonna be a tough one for the US this year.

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »
:yawn:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »

2 weeks away!!!!!! Watched Engalnd dismantle Mexico... Gonna be a tough one for the US this year.

everybody is moping the floor with mexico........... :(

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: May 28, 2010, 07:17:20 AM »
'In 2009, Americans spent over $4.6 billion on music.

Contrary to incessant complaints from the music industry that it is going broke, worldwide sales of recorded music topped $17 billion in 2009, with $4.6 billion of that spent by Americans. Granted, that figure is down 7.2% from 2008, but two-fifths of the money spent by Americans was on digital music files, and those sales were up 10% from 2008 worldwide.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #614 on: May 28, 2010, 08:44:29 AM »

everybody is moping the floor with mexico........... :(

mexico can usually get the better of us though....