Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fact O' The Day  (Read 84948 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Fact O' The Day
« Reply #1050 on: April 01, 2011, 09:10:01 AM »
"Men tend to regret work failures; women, relationship failures."

Men and women are both liable to harbor longstanding life regrets, most frequently about relationships, family, education, work, and finances. More than twice as many women, however, express romantic regrets (45% to 20%) while work regrets are more common among men than women (35% to 30%). Study researcher Neal Roese indicated that regretting inaction rather than some regrettable action was common among men and women; making mistakes causes short-term consequences that people generally get over, while regrets over missed opportunities tend to linger.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1051 on: April 04, 2011, 07:20:42 AM »
"The U.S. military has commissioned a cheetah-like robot for a defense program."

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the organization responsible for the forerunner to the internet, has commissioned both a humanoid and a cheetah-like robot. The commissions are to be completed within the next two years from the engineering company Boston Dynamics. The humanoid robot (named "Atlas") will be capable of biped-like locomotion, while the cheetah, imaginatively named "Cheetah," will initially be able to run up to 30 mph (though "there's no fundamental reason why it can't go as fast as the animals," according to the company's president, Marc Raibert).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1052 on: April 05, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »
"75 million users spend 200 million minutes every day playing Angry Birds."

That's a total of 16 years of avian revenge taking place every hour, according to Rovio, the small Finnish company behind Angry Birds. The game's popularity spans the globe -- "Angry Birds Day" on December 11, 2010, drew street gatherings in Jakarta and Budapest, and Israeli comedy show Eretz Nehederet did a sketch about the app. One sequel, "Angry Birds Rio," sold 10 million copies in 10 days.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
"75 million users spend 200 million minutes every day playing Angry Birds."

That's a total of 16 years of avian revenge taking place every hour, according to Rovio, the small Finnish company behind Angry Birds. The game's popularity spans the globe -- "Angry Birds Day" on December 11, 2010, drew street gatherings in Jakarta and Budapest, and Israeli comedy show Eretz Nehederet did a sketch about the app. One sequel, "Angry Birds Rio," sold 10 million copies in 10 days.

Love that game  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
"Stress makes women more perceptive of social cues, but men, less so."

University of Southern California researchers induced stress in experiment subjects by having them submerge their hands in ice water for three minutes (which stimulates cortisol levels) and then asking them, and a control group, to assess a series of facial expressions. While monitoring their subjects' brains, researchers found that men under stress showed less activity in a brain region associated with facial recognition than unstressed men did. Women experienced the opposite result. Neuroscientist Shelly Taylor suggested that this may be evolutionary behavior -- men experience a "fight or flight" response, while women, who would be unable to care for offspring if injured, instead "tend and befriend."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1055 on: April 07, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
"Exercise can lower your risk of death from prostate cancer."

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, along with skin cancer: about one in six men will be diagnosed with it at some point in their lifetime. However, a study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology that monitored 2,075 diagnosed men reports that men have a better chance of surviving the cancer if they engage in vigorous exercise. All men who engaged in at least moderate physical activity had a better chance of living through the 18-year study. Vigorous activity -- over three hours of exercise a week -- resulted in a 61% lower risk of death from prostate cancer itself.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #1056 on: April 08, 2011, 07:28:28 AM »
The female of the species is more deadly than the male in virtually all living species.    >:D

Good to know, Lorena....

I am nothing like her... I would have shoved it down his throat, not throw it in the field.   :rofl:
Grilled it firat I hope???..........
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1057 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:57 AM »
"Owning a car costs about $10,000 a year."

Assuming a car is being driven 15,000 miles per year, the total cost of its operation and maintenance (gas, tires, fees, repairs, and so on) would be $9,641 per year, or around 53 cents per mile, according to an analysis by AAA. This figure was based on late 2006 gas estimates, however, when gas prices in the U.S. were dramatically lower per gallon (around $2.25 on average) than they are now (approximately $3.60). This per-year AAA estimate was also for a medium-sized sedan -- that 52-cents-per-year figure goes up to 63 or 67 cents per mile for a large sedan or SUV.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1058 on: April 08, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »

Assuming a car is being driven 15,000 miles per year, the total cost of its operation and maintenance (gas, tires, fees, repairs, and so on) would be $9,641 per year, or around 53 cents per mile, according to an analysis by AAA. This figure was based on late 2006 gas estimates, however, when gas prices in the U.S. were dramatically lower per gallon (around $2.25 on average) than they are now (approximately $3.60). This per-year AAA estimate was also for a medium-sized sedan -- that 52-cents-per-year figure goes up to 63 or 67 cents per mile for a large sedan or SUV.

its gone up 3 percent in the last year :help:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1059 on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »

its gone up 3 percent in the last year :help:

right along with the national average of annual income increases.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1060 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
ours isn't going up this year @ work :(

bastards

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1061 on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »
mine either

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #1062 on: April 08, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
We haven't seen raises in 2 1/2 years.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »
"People who enjoy the taste of beer are much more likely to have sex on the first date."

The OKCupid analysis blog OKTrends uses data gathered by polling its users to arrive at curious and surprising dating statistics. When asked "Would you consider sleeping with someone on the first date," men and women who identified themselves as liking the taste of beer were much more likely to say yes. For women, 40% said they'd consider sex on the fist date, but a woman would be 15% more likely to do so if she enjoyed the taste of beer. The trend was similar among men (roughly 50% of all respondents would consider it, compared with over 80% of beer-lovers).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 20
  • I'm just your average Crazy Ass Woman!
    • Email
« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
I like the taste of beer! And if you give me enough, sure the first date thing might happen!  :rofl:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D