Somthing don't look quite right...

Started by Blair, July 06, 2009, 12:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

so i went riding today...  and this afternoon i noticed a weird metallic grinding sound while i was riding...

i am thinking i clipped a rock and it peeled the skid plate back...   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

oh well... better the skid plate than the frame...  

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

tonyrt44

it doesn't look like anything hit the skid plate, it probably bet under its own weight.

as I don't see any deformation at the tip of the skid plate.
Ranking:   ???

Krandall

That's crazy! Are there no bolts that hold it @ the front part of the frame? I know w/ the Pro-design full skid, there's 2 up front that bolt to the frame.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

there are 2 bolts that go into the bottom 2 bolts of the front bumper... it has a 90 degree bend at the front of the frame... it sheered right at the bend...
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

MAN

That would have been bad if the skid would have dug in. It sucks but you maybe a lucky man.
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

Livingmylife93

lol damn. Same thing happened to me less than a year ago..  :lol:

Blair

well i pulled it off tonight... and hammered it back straight...

tomorrow night i will have at it with the tig welder... ill see if i can get it back into decent enough shape that i can bolt it back up...

i did notice that i must have clipped a rock with the chain guard... i broke a hole in the stock plastic chain guard...

Alkire193

Eagle700R

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 06, 2009, 09:38:32 PM

Man i remember seeing that,didnt you do that at hatfield mc coy..

Krandall

And THATS why everyone should invest in a nice AfterMarket Belly Skid!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Eagle700R on July 07, 2009, 08:32:48 PM
Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 06, 2009, 09:38:32 PM

Man i remember seeing that,didnt you do that at hatfield mc coy..

lol yep  :lol:

Livingmylife93

Honestly, its going to be really hard to straighten it back out... I ended up just cutting mine..

Headrope

Seeing those pics gives me an idea as to how we can gain an extra 20 horsepower - without doing anything to the engine.
Hook a bungie chord to that frame skid-turned-hook, have some buddies push us back until the chord is tight and then let 'er rip.
We'd slingshot from the start line like a throttle jockey off an aircraft carrier.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Blair

Alkire193

Aircraft carriers call them catapults.......they'd never see it coming!

Why am I considering doing this?  ???