need help

Started by fireman5166, June 23, 2009, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on June 24, 2009, 05:24:48 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on June 24, 2009, 04:59:36 PM
I bet the machine company already has it for the products the already make

+1

But it costs money to make money. So just making subframes in your garage is not really profitable.

only when you make them out of PVC pipe :rofl:

fireman5166

nice.  :rofl: make lots of money with pvc, or was that pcp.  :nod:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

fireman5166

i am really leaning toward the all aluminum swing arms. I think that milling time would be 5-6 hours. the material maybe about $150. should be able to sell for around $500 to $600. Im just wanting to know if it will be too heavy or not strong enough.   do you think there is a big market also for all aluminum swing arms. We can also put flames or other designs on it milled into it. just a thought. please let me know what you guys think. pros and cons. thanks 
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
38,40, rear sprockets

Krandall

I think you'd have to relaly get one, and get the weight of one. I'm not sure off hand what it'd be.

If it's heavy. Your market for them are going to be slim, you won't get the drag racers. they want light.

strength, you'd have to prove it's worthyness. People would rather spend a few extra bucks doing an SLC and have a warrenty behind it. could be a show bike piece though.

I think first thing would be. You'd have to cut one out. Get some pics. and then get feelers for the interest.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fireman5166

yea I think it just might be to heavy.  I just hate that we have a $300,000 machine sitting doing nothing but taking up space. it needs to be making us money so I can get my hours back to 80.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
38,40, rear sprockets

Krandall

how about replacement brake/clutch levers? that go onto the OEM Perches?

parking brake block-offs. cam covers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Ranger

Custom brackets...I'd like some more stuff made up for the Vapor and crap like that. I may have to find a machine shop myself once I get flexx bars cause I want to mount em on the center bar and want a good solid support.

Peelz

a-arm guards. extended footpegs.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

shrimpy21

I like the sound of brake clutch levers.I think as Krandall said about the swingarm cut one out a see.You could do tests on it and then try and make it lighter and lighter tell you notice a weakness.Im sure a Aluminium swinger would be a good selling if you can get it right
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Colorado700R

custom billet throttle/brake resi covers

Alkire193

What about a mounting plate for the ignition after you install 1 1/8 bars, or risers? Or ignition relocation to reverse lever area pieces? Or a different design for the clear cam cover!  :clap:

1badazz_700r

I got an easy one. A license plate mount that wouldnt block the tailight. I am requiredto have a plate on mine to ride state trail. However i dont want to drill the plastic and i cant have the light covered. I usually just take the 2 outside carrier bolts out and mount it with those bolts on the back of the swingarm. I would like to see something more custom though :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Alkire193

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on July 01, 2009, 02:37:56 AM
I got an easy one. A license plate mount that wouldnt block the tailight. I am requiredto have a plate on mine to ride state trail. However i dont want to drill the plastic and i cant have the light covered. I usually just take the 2 outside carrier bolts out and mount it with those bolts on the back of the swingarm. I would like to see something more custom though :thumbs:

I had an idea for a plate or number plate that mounted on the back of the swingarm and the 4 alan bolts that tighten the swingarm around the carrier go through it to hold it in place. It would suck for the guy behind you to try to read while youre on the trails but its something id like to see. Is that kind of what you mean?

1badazz_700r

yep i think that would be perfect :thumbs: those outside allen bolts are the ones i use to mount mine now. The only thing would be we would need longer allen bolts to compromise the thickness of the bracket so that the carrier stays tight

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Alkire193

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on July 01, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
yep i think that would be perfect :thumbs: those outside allen bolts are the ones i use to mount mine now. The only thing would be we would need longer allen bolts to compromise the thickness of the bracket so that the carrier stays tight

Too easy to get those in bulk and include them in a kit, maybe even have them come in different colors to accent the swingarm.....IDEA!!

I think with my black +4 swinger im doing red bolts and red brake line, that might look pretty good!