Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Loosin my head here, what would you rather have. Please explain.  (Read 2921 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
My "soon to be wife" and I are pulling our hair out on this. We finally have our house narrowed down to two houses and each have their own positives and negatives.

Click on "Giles Ridge" to see pictures.
http://www.hbchomes.com/frameset_html.asp?contentFrame=modelhomes.asp

Or this
http://johngell.cbshome.com/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?Search=ea31beb0-fa6b-44dc-8104-d98751fd4177&Listing=39702184&IRPAgentID=9600029&Image=1&First=11&Last=20&pagesize=10&SearchType=&ListingDistrictTypeID=&FirstLetter=&Sort=6&Cookies=&UseColorBar=false

The ranch home will be on a AMAZING LOT thats about a half acre and facing a open park, creek, walking trail, and soccer fields. House will be a walk out basement.

The 2 story is in a kinda uppidy neighborhood and and has a small lot, and is deep in a neighbor hood (Which I hate).

They both have their strengths and weeknesses and I need to pull the trigger by the end of the week. I was sitting down to sign the papers for the 2 story and backed out at the last second, and now I'm back to liking the ranch better.

We dont plan on having kids for a couple of years at least, and the ranch is closer to her family and all my friends.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: Loosin my head here, what would you rather have. Please explain.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »
How many sq ft is the ranch and what is the price?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
Would you be buying the model home?  If so I don't like the power lines that its so close to.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »
"Giles ridge" house looks good to me.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »
Ok i will explain. I dig simpler design homes. Easier upkeep. Plus, it is all done and ready. And, the biggest thing is the surroundings look much nicer.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:31 AM »
Now, we would be building from scratch and designing alot of things how we want. The lot were building on is HUGE!!!! in the back its 180 ft across the back yard.

The ranch will be about 1500 sq ft with out the basement being finished, which I plan on doing very soon. The Ranch will be be worth more in the end, because I'm doing about 30,000 dollars worth of work myself. List price to list price, 2 story will be 216,000 and ranch will be pushing 240,000.

Keep in mind the garage on the ranch is alot bigger and seriously I spend 2-3 nights a week out in the garage.

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »
What's the SQ footage diff and the price diff?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:56:24 AM »
What's the SQ footage diff and the price diff?

ranch is about 1500 and 2 story is 1900. Price is kinda hard to describe, because the builder of the ranch is cutting me deals left and right, to help me out and get a young and possible returning customer in a house.

List price will be 216k for the 2 story and 240k for the Ranch. But with the deals and my work credits monthly payments will be with in 20 bucks and 15k less down on the ranch.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:22 AM »
I would go with the ranch then.  Make sure they do a "deep dig" to give you a higher ceiling in the basement.  Also go with the 9 foot ceilings on the main floor, worth the extra cost.  Also, try to check out the neighbors in both developments.  You don't want snobs that keep to themselves but then again you don't want rednecks that trash their houses.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I would go with the ranch then.  Make sure they do a "deep dig" to give you a higher ceiling in the basement.  Also go with the 9 foot ceilings on the main floor, worth the extra cost.  Also, try to check out the neighbors in both developments.  You don't want snobs that keep to themselves but then again you don't want rednecks that trash their houses.

Great, everything you guys say is leading me to the Ranch.

The foundation is very deep, giving us 9' ceilings on both the basement and the main floor.

As far as the neighbors, again ranch wins out. The two story is in "Shadow View" and is looking over one of Omaha's premeir neighbor hoods. I picture the neighbors as people that want to be living in the really nice neighbor hood, but just cant afford it yet, and still try to act "uppidity".

The ranch will still be in a very nice neighbor hood, but not as up-tight as the other. I know one of my nighbors at the ranch house will be a bricklayer/construction worker. I've seen him on other jobs and is a pretty cool guy (from what I've herd). The WHOLE house is covered in REALLY nice/expensive river rock.

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »
Good Luck! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline NaturalRaptor

• Potato King
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
My vote is for the ranch because I prefer more space and less uppidity neighborhood.  Plus a nice sized garage is important to me too!

Good luck   :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
If your not gonna have kids, I'd say the ranch.  With kids, sometimes it's nice to have the noise buffer of multiple floors. 

Both are nice looking houses, good luck on your decision.

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:15:04 AM »
another thing i would look at is taxes, also do you have to finish the lawn?  thats an extra expense.  also i doubt you are gonna cut 1 acre of lawn with a push mower.  so that will be extra as well. also ull have to finish the driveway and cement or pavement arent exactly cheap. just some things to keep in mind.  both palces are very nice but have pros and cons
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:56:22 AM »
If your not gonna have kids, I'd say the ranch.  With kids, sometimes it's nice to have the noise buffer of multiple floors. 

Both are nice looking houses, good luck on your decision.

Very true, but the basement will be finished with a bedroom

Kami, all the houses come sodded. I also have a buddy that lives 5 minutes from the ranch that owns his own yard business. So that is not a problem.

Driveways/all concrete are included for that price.