Injector problem and questions.

Started by TiPierre, May 07, 2009, 06:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiPierre

Hi

My builder tells me that my injector is not big enought anymore,so he made bigger holes in it the last time but this time it does not work,so he will try to up the gas pressure so i can get more gas.
IS THIS NORMAL.Cause a have never heard anybody complain about gas issues here,and now my bike is running to lean,so we are trying to figure out a way to make this work.

And i dont think that my build is big enought to cause this problem so Please BIGGER BOYS help me.
My build has: Intake,K&N,Barkers in frame,Dobeck fuel controller,Dynatek progrmable ignition controller,11 to 1 piston,x2 cam,LRD Porting,+1 valves,kw springs,+5 hotrod crank.
It came out at 68 rwhp and 55 lbs torq.But running lean and my controller is at the max.Is buying a bigger injector going to solve the problem or is there something else wrong.

Thanks  -Pete

Colorado700R

no, I would contend that your Doebeck is maxed buddy.  I thin it's capble of a 80% swing total, and your monster is thursty.  Time to bite the bullet and but a PC3, or PC5

tonto13

I would agree that it is your controller. My build is close to yours and with my PC3 mine is actually a little fat with stock injector.
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

TiPierre

Thanks GUYS

I will get this pc5 and autotune kit in the mail today.

-Pete

tonyrt44

Quote from: TiPierre on May 08, 2009, 04:36:24 AM
Thanks GUYS

-Pete

Make sure that you weld a bung (for the wide band sensor) on your header pipe, about 14-16 inches from the engine head to overcome the reversion effect
Ranking:   ???

dabigbratj

Quote from: tonyrt44 on May 09, 2009, 11:54:20 PM
Thanks GUYS

-Pete

Make sure that you weld a bung (for the wide band sensor) on your header pipe, about 14-16 inches from the engine head to overcome the reversion effect
really according to dynojet
they say 6-8 inch from port?
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

preddy08

Quote from: dabigbratj on May 10, 2009, 01:31:34 AM
Quote from: tonyrt44 on May 09, 2009, 11:54:20 PM
Thanks GUYS

-Pete

I would do what dynojet says to avoid any warrenty problems
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

tonyrt44

Quote from: dabigbratj on May 10, 2009, 01:31:34 AM

@6-8 inches ???,  the heat of the exhaust flames will fry that WB sensor and shorten its life

tonyrt44

Quote from: preddy08 on May 10, 2009, 03:25:20 AM

I would do what dynojet says to avoid any warrenty problems

its not like Dyno Jet will ask anyone to ship their Raptor along warranty claims, to verify the bung installation location.

beside the above, are those WB sensors covered by Dyno Jet warranty?