algning the clutch cover

Started by dabigbratj, April 28, 2009, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabigbratj

ok this dang clutch cover is kicking my ass can get it on fine but getting it on and having clutch lever lined up and working the clutch the correct way is not happening.any tip have tried many different ways and it is pissing me off
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

tonto13

What the hell!!!!!!J/K. How are you lining the lever up when you are putting the cover on?
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

dabigbratj

well have dont it where lever is lined up with line on case but once all the way on it is past it then tried some before the line then then doesn't bring it dead on tried multiple times it is making me mode something simple but has to be easier way

dabigbratj

if you have any tips or anything call me anytime you have my number

tonto13

With the one that is not dead on, is that even with you pushing it forward until you feel tension. By forward I mean like it would be when the cable is connected. Sorry for slow response, helping my 6 yr. old with her homework at the same time.
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

dabigbratj

hard to explain when typing could you call me later when your done?

RaptorRandy

Take your snap ring pliers and remove the snap ring on the splined shaft and remove your clutch arm once you get the cover on and 4 bolts in at top and bottom on oposite ends put the clutch arm back on where you want it and check clutch pull at the lever. If it feels right button it up.

Randy   

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

dabigbratj

Quote from: RaptorRandy on April 28, 2009, 08:14:39 PM
Take your snap ring pliers and remove the snap ring on the splined shaft and remove your clutch arm once you get the cover on and 4 bolts in at top and bottom on oposite ends put the clutch arm back on where you want it and check clutch pull at the lever. If it feels right button it up.

Randy   
GREAT idea will do this tomorrow fo sho thanks man

RaptorRandy

Your welcome......after all the times I fought that hateful thing back when I was going thru clutches, one day the light bulb came on and I pulled the lever off slammed the cover on and then put the arm on right where I wanted it.....made it a heck of a lot easier.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

tonto13

I like that one. The reason I read alot of what you write.
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

dabigbratj

got it thanks randy i couldn't wait i feel dumb karma for you

Pldbryan

I struggled with this as well. 

As soon as I felt the cover hit the arm I would grab the clutch mechanism on the outside of the cover and rotate it so that it grabbed the pull stud inside.  This would make sure it was in right and also sucked the cover up tight to the gasket while I put the bolts in.

Glad you got it on.

dabigbratj

hope this is helpful to others