What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

Man I like that, are those Douglas' you painted? Did you scotchbrite or scuff 'em first, or did you just lay paint? I'd like to do that too, but to scared they would flake. Have you heard of anything like that happening to anyone?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

They're Douglas black labels, scuffed with 1000 grit.  then spray and pray  :lol:

I'll let you know how they do.

Aaron

Gunz

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 08:18:31 PM
They're Douglas black labels, scuffed with 1000 grit.  then spray and pray  :lol:

Aaron

Cool :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 08:18:31 PM

Aaron

spray and pray.. :lol:  reminds me of my car dealership days.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

FINALLY got the replacement Barkers tips ordered...

Just occured.
forgot to order a quiet core....  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

got it, just thought you wanted that for SL and I was fine with the way I was.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Naw. I have both my spark arrestors still. So I'll be good w/ those once I get the tips. 8)

:) Just need to get one QC before the end of the month.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

bandyb1977

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: bandyb1977 on August 26, 2008, 02:39:58 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 01:11:19 PM
Quote from: bandyb1977 on August 26, 2008, 01:08:25 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: bandyb1977 on August 26, 2008, 11:31:42 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on August 26, 2008, 08:38:41 AM
Last nite, I adjusted my valves (Tight on intake, exhaust was fine)  Painted my sand rims black.  Tonight I'll be doing a full oil change, plus a final cleaning for Walden this weekend.

Aaron

For the rims, did you use the engine enamel?? I heard that was the best stuff to use....

I used the brake caliper stuff, we'll see how it holds up.  My buddy used the stuff for bumpers and it worked good too.

Aaron

Ok, I just ordered a rear set of Comp cut drag wheels with 22x11-8 tripple buff haulers in black, forgeting my front blue labels are silver  :lol: So, I gotta paint my fronts, just not sure what type of paint to use.  :confused:

are they a gloss or flat black??  my buddies turned out nice with the flat black bumper paint.  I'll try and take some pics of mine tonight of a gloss.

Aaron

They come in tonight so Im not sure, but I think they are a gloss black. Yeah, see if you could get some pics up later, that would be cool  :thumbs:

sorry for the cellphone pix, it's all I had.  The rears are painted, the fronts are stock black

Wow, those are painted? They look really good....What brand paint did you use?
07 797 SE2
Built by Holeshot Designs

Colorado700R

:( Forgot to look, sorry.  But it's for Brake calipers.  Picked it up at Advanced Auto

bandyb1977

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 27, 2008, 12:10:18 PM
:( Forgot to look, sorry.  But it's for Brake calipers.  Picked it up at Advanced Auto

Ok, Ill go check it out, thanks!
07 797 SE2
Built by Holeshot Designs

TrxOutlawz

Put my sand tires on my new black powdercoated rims, mounted them on the quad and ready to go ride now.
Just installed my new warning label covers I got from Carbon Covers.   The pics do not do them justice.  They are black carbon fiber with red lettering.  They do match much better than the pics show.  The look great...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chuck
'08 700R SE

kyledvor61

looks pretty good trxoutlawz :thumbs:

looked at it today and wished i could ride it :(

Peelz

Checked suspension bolts, greased bushings. Re-fabricated a a bracket to hold rear fenders on-mounting tabs are long gone, and i lost the last ones. 3m inches of mud on them broke it right off.  ----Gettin' ready for the dunes. :thumbs:

Oh yeah, "ninja'd" off the throttle to replace with rancher throttle.  I'll take a pic after the ninja strikes the rancher.   :grin_nod:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"