What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wastednuts

Gunz

Got the TPS installed. Tank put back on and throttle adjusted. Got to run the motor for about 10 min on 91 octane. Greased the front and rear ends. Just a few more nuts and bolts. :clap:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on June 01, 2009, 11:36:30 PM
Got the TPS installed. Tank put back on and throttle adjusted. Got to run the motor for about 10 min on 91 octane. Greased the front and rear ends. Just a few more nuts and bolts. :clap:

Awesome man!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And Gr8Ride.

what's your setup for? Are you trail/duner? What size swinger is that? Your quad looks killer!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

Quote from: Krandall on June 02, 2009, 08:09:45 AM

Awesome man!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And Gr8Ride.

what's your setup for? Are you trail/duner? What size swinger is that? Your quad looks killer!

Yep thanks Krandall. I'm setup for 50/50 woods trails/dunes. As soon as she is together I'll get some good pics up.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on June 02, 2009, 08:20:55 AM
Yep thanks Krandall. I'm setup for 50/50 woods trails/dunes. As soon as she is together I'll get some good pics up.

Forgive me for forgeting, is yours stock bore?
And I know it's been a while since you heard your quad run, but did it sound different? I know mine did from stock w/ barkers to the 727 w/ barkers, got a deeper rumble w/ the bore :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on June 01, 2009, 07:34:32 PM
Everyone's ride sure is coming along nicely! But I never thought I would see Aaron cut his fenders. But it does look good.  8)

You know the world is ending if you see my quad shaved.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on June 01, 2009, 07:34:32 PM
Everyone's ride sure is coming along nicely! But I never thought I would see Aaron cut his fenders. But it does look good.  8)

I've just found that the fenders are just about useless anyway.  They block mud..nope FAIL, they block rocks...nope FAIL

Plus my headlight lenses were all blurry and didn't provide good light, so HIDs FTW :nod:

Krandall

Take a Mothers Polish ball to the headlilghts. w/ a little bit of wax/polish on them, clears them right up. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on June 02, 2009, 09:57:19 AM
Take a Mothers Polish ball to the headlilghts. w/ a little bit of wax/polish on them, clears them right up. :thumbs:

Tried that, too far gone :(

Krandall

Hmm, I did it to the tore-ass headlights even, they were chipped, and yellowed. They came out like brand freakin new. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Gunz

Quote from: Krandall on June 02, 2009, 08:26:25 AM

And I know it's been a while since you heard your quad run, but did it sound different? I know mine did from stock w/ barkers to the 727 w/ barkers, got a deeper rumble w/ the bore :)

I have a stock bore, I figured I'd stroke it first. Then later on when I need more power, I can go 105 or 108. As far as the sound, it sounded exactly the same to me. I bet if I would have changed the jug to a 105 or 108 it would have made it a little deeper sounding. I think Im at a 720 with the current build. If I make it out to SL I'll let you ride it.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Put on the new RAD carrier and Lonestar Axcalibar axle. Got the front and back brakes bled. Eyeballed in the front alignment. Put on the new shoes, GNCC all the way around 21/22's. Relocated the parking brake. Dude, its been 2 months since this baby has sat on the ground. Anyhow the Motowoz are about an inch lower in the front so when I sent my rear shock off to Josh at Wiigstyle, I had him set up my shock to lower the rear 1 inch. By appearance alone I think my bike is sitting more like 2 inches lower then it used to. ??? I'm not complaining just thought that it was kinda weird.

Still have more stuff to do. I can't believe how long it's taking to put my bike back together. It only took me about 4 hours to strip it down, but I'm sure I have about 20 hours so far putting it back together.

Almost done.... :clap:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Temptation

Looking great man    Trust me I tore mine down in 3 hours and took a year to reassemble

Krandall

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on June 02, 2009, 07:09:37 PM
Quote from: Krandall on June 02, 2009, 08:26:25 AM
I have a stock bore, I figured I'd stroke it first. Then later on when I need more power, I can go 105 or 108. As far as the sound, it sounded exactly the same to me. I bet if I would have changed the jug to a 105 or 108 it would have made it a little deeper sounding. I think Im at a 720 with the current build. If I make it out to SL I'll let you ride it.

Gotcha. I hope you can make it out. be fun to show some of those YFZ's (Cough Hefe Cough) how it's done :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Danny T

finally installed my ASV's. Thanks to randys pic from awhile back i was able to keep my parking brake:)