What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Quote from: Krandall on May 18, 2009, 07:53:04 AM
Quote from: Alkire193 on May 17, 2009, 08:09:14 PM
Shattered the rear sprocket. Lucky I have a stock steel one sitting in the "old parts bin" so im back up and running. But seriously....shattered

Did you catch a rock between the sprocket and the chain?

No, it split into 4 equal pieces around the larger holes  in between the bolts that hold it on. It literally just...shattered. And the chain is fine, the teeth all look in good shape and the sprocket isnt that old. The tension checks out, ive checked the tension everyday since the new chain and it was perfect.

Krandall

dang, that sucks, good thing you had the oem backup! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Out Back Welding

installed trail tech scmr16 hid lights. i didnt realize how big they were, i like em alot, they look and work awesome!

installed pro-armor nerfs, yeah... didnt realize how much comfort these add to a quad, VERY NICE!

Alkire193

Quote from: Krandall on May 19, 2009, 09:08:17 AM
dang, that sucks, good thing you had the oem backup! :thumbs:
True, Renthal told me if there is any sign of the bolts becoming "loose" while riding they wont warranty the item. Only one hole looks slightly oval, ten bucks they tell me it was my fault. Any takers? I think the aluminum with the large spaces was too weak for the beating my quad goes through. But the old one is in and ready to be beaten!

Krandall

going to go out and ride it finally!!! woman's gone, time to tear it up! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fireman5166

riding the hell out of it in Oregon.  :clap:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Ranger

Lucky bastards...Farthest I can ride it is out of my backyard...Half the damn state is underwater now.

Peelz

Put on the paddles and rode in Genoa, Nebraska..aka "headworks". Great place to ride. Sand, and water riding. Fun stuff.
Crashed the new raptor today as well. Wheelied over a hill..errr...I mean cliff :lol:  Didn't realize the hill had no back end, jumped 7ft straight down. Quad came out from underneath me and rolled over on it's side. Up against a drainage pipe. It is really broken in now.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Rode Land Between the Lakes in TN and got wrecked. Handlebars and grab bar are toast. Then went to race today and found my rear subframe is split right under the gas tank. If I find a welder im going riding Monday to break more stuff!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gunz

So far I swapped out the radiator hoses for some cv4's. Threw on the lonstar swinger. Swapped out one side of the arms and shock. New Motowoz and Housers... hells yeah. Changed out the front brakelines.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

tonto13

Would you quit playin lazy butt and get that thing back togehter GUNZ :rofl:!!!!!!
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Gunz

Im still waiting on stupid stuff from other members. Literally nuts and bolts, axle, carrier, hubs, did I mention nuts and bolts.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Alkire193

Welded my rear subframe, found several more cracks. Then welded repairs to the forward subframe and replaced all the front bumper guard mounting brackets from two years ago. Shes coming back around. Anyone know any tips for welding aluminum? The rear subframe wasnt sticking well no matter what we tried.

Eagle700R

Quote from: Alkire193 on May 23, 2009, 09:37:43 PM
Rode Land Between the Lakes in TN and got wrecked. Handlebars and grab bar are toast. Then went to race today and found my rear subframe is split right under the gas tank. If I find a welder im going riding Monday to break more stuff!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Where going down to ride royal blue...is that place anygood?

Gunz

Quote from: dpe_ele on May 19, 2009, 09:19:00 PM
installed trail tech scmr16 hid lights. i didnt realize how big they were, i like em alot, they look and work awesome!

installed pro-armor nerfs, yeah... didnt realize how much comfort these add to a quad, VERY NICE!

Need pics please.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar